1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official 2022 NFL Draft thread (NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Damn, UDFA's seem lackluster too.

The RB from Oklahoma St. seems promising though.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    It was actually you that marked it as against the rules lol. I assume you marked by mistake. I know my clumsy fingers have done that a time or two.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’d have an easier time believing that if NE didn’t take Zappe over Howell. No way anyone believes Zappe is a better QB. I believe both NE and the Steelers are just looking for backups that won’t cause a QB controversy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I have a hard time believing those two franchises would do something that stupid, but you never know.

5. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    how do you speed up Pickett's ability to process what's in front of him. He would have been the slowest in the NFL last year on getting rid of the ball. He will definitely make it much easier to pressure him. Can you even speed up a guy's ability to process information?

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I get drafting two receivers, but drafting two QBs was dumb :facepalm:, should've addressed the secondary instead of getting Heyward.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I totally agree with this. Just like If We were going 2 take another Qb....I would have No problem with M. Willis, but they don't really want competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope for Colbert he can go out on a high note and nailed this draft, most importantly, left the team with another franchise QB. He really loves this team and clearly he and Tomlin have a great relationship.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He will be missed. The next guy will have some big shoes to fill.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Whoops. let me fix that then.................. I had to delete half my post bcause i was going off on it .. And i didnt feel like being attacked on here ..lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are assuming that statistic measures more than it actually measures. One reason he took longer to throw than other quarterbacks was that he was so good at buying time with his movement inside and outside of the pocket. That doesn't mean he was processing things slowly. In fact, it means he was making good decisions regarding when and how he could buy time for his receivers to get open when nothing was available earlier in the play.

Also, Pitt took a lot of shots deep down the field. That made sense with his accuracy on deep balls and the talent they had at receiver. Those plays take time to develop. That wasn't a dink-and-dunk offense he was running.

Seriously, look at Roethlisberger's career. For years, he was a guy who took longer to throw the ball than other quarterbacks. That changed as his career progressed. I'm not just talking about the last two seasons, when it seemed all he would do is throw quickly. He made that change in his prime. Some of that was experience, being able to understand what he is seeing more quickly because he had seen it before. Some of it was a conscious choice to get rid of the ball more quickly.

That is also the answer to your question. Yes, you can speed up a quarterback's ability to process what is in front of him. You do it through repetition and film study. The more situations a quarterback faces, the faster they will be able to react to those situations. We hear about it all the time, how the game slows down for young players as they gain experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes agreed. You can speed up the process, but You have 2 have that ability in the 1st place, and I would say processing what He sees is His(Picketts) greatest asset. Some Qbs don't even have that ability. That's Why they are one read, and run Guys.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Almost brought a tear to my eye, You will be missed Mr. Colbert

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    ok thanks for the resopnse

15. JD86

JD86 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This was probably one of the most disappointing draft I've ever seen. Although I didn't really want a QB in the 1st RD, I was ok with Pickett and am excited at his potential. Pickens is definitely an exciting pick in RD 2. After that, I was hoping for Cross in the 3rd or 4th and was surprised we passed on him. The rest of the picks, left me scratching my head. Oh well, thats why the FO gets paid the big bucks and I sit on my couch watching. Another draft in the books. Hoping for the best and hoping to see us build our defense up through free agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It feels as if the need for help at wide receiver snuck up on many of us. We all knew the team needed a long-term quarterback. We knew there were issues on both lines and at safety. We knew there was room for improvement at cornerback. Realistically, wide receiver might have been a bigger need than most of those positions. Johnson can certainly play, but it seems like paying him is going to be an issue much sooner than later. Claypool took a huge step backward in his second season. They lost three receivers to free agency. The two guys they signed, Boykin and Olszewski, have done very little in the NFL as receivers. They really needed to add two quality players to the receiving corps, and I think they did that.

Pickens wasn't my first choice in the second round, but he does look like he could be a replacement for Smith-Schuster. He gives the Steelers a physical receiver who can also make plays down the field. My biggest concern is thinking they needed a quick slot guy who can do some damage after the catch. I thought Skyy Moore would be right for that role. Instead, they got Calvin Austin. I know he's small, but watch some of the tape. The kid is explosive. He is a threat on the deep ball, but more importantly, someone who can make plays after all those underneath routes Canada seems to love so much. The Steelers needed more speed at receiver and he certainly gives that to them.

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Pats draft was perplexing. Taking the OG in the first when they could have probably gotten him in the second or third was “strange” (pun intended :lolol:). And taking Zappe over Howell and Strong…:hmm::hmm::hmm:.

I think at times Belichick goes overboard trying to prove he’s the smartest guy in the room. But hey, it’s worked pretty well for him. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady not withstanding and no statistical data to back this up, it feels like NE isn’t a very good drafting team but a good FA team.

• Like Like x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have said this for awhile. They suck at the draft, but are masters of the Xs,and Os, and also cheating. LoL. Though Belichick has often said He doesn't want stars....He wants football players that will do what they are told.....So...:shrug:

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was in a forest up north

No internet no cell I actually turned my phone off Thursday am and on now

I have a lot of catching up to do

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Black bears

They don’t bother anybody

I have a family living down below my fishing pond

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All bears can be dangerous My Friend. All it takes is wrong timing. My Brother has a Friend that was permanently disfigured (pretty badly) because He left candy in his pillow during a boy scouts camping trip around here. It wasn't even trying 2 hurt Him...all it did was move Him 2 get at the candy.....they are a powerful creature. Even the small ones.:thumbs_up:
    Glad 2 See You back.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Like when they are hungry :lolol:

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yesterday I was listening to Pat and Jim on Sirius XM during day 3, and they were discussing hearing that Howell didn’t come off well in interviews and teams were put off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes that would be a bad time. That's why where I'm at if You camp out(for real) No food stays in the camp. Period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1