1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The lesser Devin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HueyWorley, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I'm not saying he's a bust, but trading up to 10 to get him i believe was a reach. I just don't see the hype. He'll have a solid 6-7 year career and it'll be done once the speed is gone, because his 40 time got him into the top 10 anyway. He's surrounded by a loaded defense and already has a torn ACL. His speed is his only saving grace and that ACL will hamper that at least a little bit. Shazier made plays on a mediocre defense and easily was the better player early. Watch the highlights, he was great. He isn't getting sympathy points because of his terrible injury. He was a football player. He was a bonafide playmaker. I hate to see people **** on shazier and only think he gets hyped because of the injury, if he was just a regular guy no one would have cared. He was a superstar in the making. You are right that he is still writing his story. We will see

2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Rookie of the year votes:

Bosa: 43
    Bush: 2

"Neck and neck".

3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Devin Bush is only 22 years of age and is still learning at this level. He will get better, a lot better. We can’t make any sort of final judgment on him at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Highlight films are certain things that someone wants you to see. I'd imaging someone could make a highlight film about Spillane or on the Duck and make them look like a HOF's if bribed. There is a lot more plays that aren't shown. I am not saying Shazier wasn't good, but he wasn't THAT good that our defense kept using his injury as excuse of piss poor defensive play two years after he left. I like Bush and think he may be Shazier Lite and I look fwd to seeing him back of the field hopefully early next season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not 2 argue, but that means nothing , and you know it.
    Example. TJ losing 2 A .Donald.
    Example Kyler Murray won Rookie of the year, but G. Minshew had more Tds and half the ints.
    I could get more , but you get the point .

6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    TJ and Donald *were* neck and neck, final vote was 27-20. Nobody outside of Pittsburgh considered anyone but Bosa.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear what you are saying. Just hope you get what I was referring 2. It's all good.