1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2021 Unofficial The Steelers Fans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mytake, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

45.0%
  2. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

25.0%
  3. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama

10.0%
  4. Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina

5.0%
  5. Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky

15.0%
  6. Pat Friermuth, TE, Penn St.

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I like Asante, but think hes a 2nd round pick.
    Really I like that whole list.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

Narrowing down the list of Steelers potential first round picks

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/04/narrowing-down-the-list-of-steelers-potential-first-round-picks/

Samuel can play multiple positions in the defensive backfield and had an outstanding season in 2020, giving up just 179 yards in eight games, per PFF. He also had an impressive pro day to back up the solid career in Tallahassee.(which both Tomlin and Colbert attended)

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schr...1-0-pats-trade-up-for-justin-fields-cardinals

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The only 2 from the list I see as first rounders, because across almost all boards they are first rounders, are JOK and Etienne. Moerig possibly, but he's not A) a position of need, or B) BPA. I would add Jamin Davis as a sure first rounder. He'll go before Zavin Collins. Collins is an ILB/OLB hybrid, but from what I've read, he's a bit of a jerk. JOK is a Safety/ILB hybrid, but Jamin Davis is 100% ILB.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I have to hang my 1st rd hat on pat frieirmuth

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I have added a poll. If anyone has other names to add I will add them. You are welcome to cast your vote and change your vote. You are also invited to make a case for the player you are voting for. You might change someone else's mind.

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I will cast my vote for Etienne.

I wouldn't mind Dickenson in the 2nd.

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Its hard to change anyone's mind. But I will make a case for Travis Etienne.

If you look at the list of names in the poll, there is only 1 guy that would have an immediate impact on this roster, and that's Travis Etienne. He is not the bruising, big, running back that some guys want. But he fits the Matt Canada system better than any other back in the draft.

Big Ben wants to operate out of the shotgun. Etienne has enough burst to be able to run effectively out of shotgun sets. He also can produce Leveon Bell type recieving numbers out of the backfield.

In order for the Steelers to be successful in 21 they have to make a splash in this draft. Drafting Etienne does that for them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I vote for JOK. He’s the highest ranked player, top 20 and Steelers have an immediate hole he can fill with the departure of Hilton. He did a lot of work there at ND and can deploy him in multiple ways. Would be a big weapon to have.

9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Man Blast, could you convince me a little more? There are still some decent free agent running backs out there. TurnDownForWatt makes a good argument for Etienne running out of the shotgun. If you can convince me that Roethlisberger will be under center more, I may switch my vote. Even B&G has a good point about Friermuth.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Me personally, not a fan of taking RB’s in the first unless they are a generational talent like Barkley. RB’s have shorter careers, I’d prefer my 1st rd picks to give me 10 years (assuming you can sign them to a second contract).

Etienne concerns me also because his play dropped off when the quality of his line declined after losing 4 players to the NFL. What’s he going to do behind our line if they don’t turn it around this season. He also likes to bounce to the outside which will be more difficult to do in the pros.

I think Etienne is a very good RB with big play capabilities but not sure his impact will be that great his first season. They also have a player like him in McFarland who did well under Canada in college and ahead of the curve compared to Etienne.

I think they are more likely to go with a bigger back but if not, there is still Williams who maybe could be had in Rd 2.

As far as Ben, the only thing I got is I believe there must have been discussions on what he needs to do in order to come back, lining up under center being one of them. If Canada is going to have any success, they can’t let Ben handcuff them and make them so one dimensional.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I voted for Travis Etienne as I am not convinced a top tier RB will be there with their 2nd Round pick, but would def not be upset with JOK at all.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if those are my choices i vote for jamin davis. more bang for the buck. he can play pass coverage from the LB spot better then any of the true linebackers. he could also do the same from the edge as well as rush the passer or play the run. nice all around game from that kid. i think zaven collins can do much of the same as can chaz surratt. my wild card for this can do more then one thing is devine deablo. these are guys that have the size to hold up and even gain some size. they bring a lot of mismatch to a defense. more then JOK. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If you have a guy that hasn't been selected, I will gladly add him to the poll.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I voted for Etienne because I think that's where the team will go. I would rather go OT as that's the 2nd most important position on offense. I can see many reasons for them to go defense, but with the offensive struggles and the 32nd ranked rushing attack, I'd think they'd have to address the "team" needs.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Dickerson is great, wouldn’t be upset with the pick either.

16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    We need to replace VW, not Bush. I like JOK, just don’t think he’s what we need. And throwing a 4.37 linebacker with size in the middle of the d will hide a lot of small problems. I vote Davis. But I won’t throw a tantrum if it’s etienne.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I like Dickerson as well. That injury scares me.

I think he is still going to be there in the second. I have seen mocks that even have him dropping to the third.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm going Asante CB, or Davis LB, but would be ok with JOK.
    I also believe if Asante is there that's who they take in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Collins went 17th to the Raiders, so he is ineligible for voting.

21. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I just voted for Davis. Love JOK and Etienne though. I would really be happy with anyone from that list in the 1st except Javonte Williams and Friermuth. And also I dont trust Landon Dickersons injury history.

Is Jalen Mayfield dropping out of the first round in projections now?

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Like many have said, the injury history is an unknown. One side effect of not having the medical checks at the combine this year. I love the wrestling background of Creed Humphrey and hope he is there in the 2nd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would still think he's in play. The only knock is the lack of tape, but he is young and KC likes to draft young guys from power schools.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Do you want me to add Mayfield to the poll?

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I probably would have included Jaelan Phillips in the poll but I'd probably still be inclined to vote JOK as I did.