1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop this Tomlin hate! (Here's Comparisons to other active coaches)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    That’s all in the distant pass Steelers are non existent as playoff contenders and will only be favored once this year.
    And draft picks and development seems they can’t develop their players except for a few

2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Send it to me unless your chicken.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The coaches

5. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Both of you really need to learn to comprehend what is written. So go back and read any of my posts. The Rooney rule was put in place to hire minority candidates and its being passed on by just interviewing them so before you call anyone a racist learn English comprehension first. Or have the sack to say it to someone's face instead of a backhanded comment. To the fact at hand, white or black Austin sucks and has sucked. Also my criticism of Tomlin has been consistent as has been my praise.

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’m looking to fill a top position and I already have my white candidate picked out, I’m just looking around to find a minority candidate to interview. Why would I possibly pick a defensive coordinator whose defense is ranked in the bottom of the NFL? Seems like that would be waving a flag that I’m only interviewing him to satisfy the rule. Not very well thought out.

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    @Mashburn , give us comparable stats: regular- and post-records for coaches who’ve been in place with a team for, say, 5+ years. Coaches who’ve only lasted a couple years are obviously below the line v. a coach who’s been working for 15 years straight.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    To lazy to go through thread again. Would love to know what bet you have against Glenn. If the Steelers head further south it will give me something to follow.

9. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    We know you corrected that. You spelled it Knoll. That disqualifies you from commenting on The Emperor. You can earn some extra credit if you name Noll's HOF DT from North Texas State without Googling it.

10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I use swype on my phone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    its not his winning percentage its all about championships 6 tied with pats no good he keeps losing in playoffs he has got to go a winning percentage is nothing

12. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    Tomlin has had the luxury of a HoF QB on his roster for every year he's been a HC. He won his Superbowl as HC of the Steelers with Bill Cowhers players.

This bug-eyed, challenge losing, stupid post-game rhetoric speaking, losing to inferior competition, poor situational coaching moron needs to go. He will never reach Cowhers post season win record of 12 wins. This chump may not win another post season game because just better than mediocrity is his standard.

If I don't ever have to hear this idiot speak about "not living in our fears" and then watch him make decisions while obviously living in his fears it won't be soon enough.

If simply being better than .500 year after year is the bar that sets the standard for greatness then that's a pretty pathetic bar in my opinion.

I hate the guy, and I feel 100% conviction that he will never be able to produce anything moving forward to change that.

13. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    That's exactly what I was saying, he is a terrible defensive coordinator. He will only get interviewed by some teams because of a rule that in my opinion does more harm then good.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Isn’t that redundant

• Like Like x 1
  15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    OMG i hope Strummer doesn't read this post about pasta

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    :hmm:

17. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We all
    Know MT strengths and weaknesses. The main question is can he be the one to rebuild this dumpster fire. He could not win title with best offense and the three B”s and it’s obvious a strong d which we don’t have but pay it like it is the 85 bears is not how you win in the league anymore. He only won big when he had cowherd awesome d and his dc. Now he picks a clown oc and the d is hot mess at db and dl. Move on and get offensive minded coach and let the head cheerleader go own his losses for another team

18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This right here. He is a players coach, nothing more and nothing less. Guys like him, love playing for him, and consider him a mentor. However, since he has been in Pittsburgh he has had a first caliber roster around him (some of that is due to him being a part of hitting on a lot of draft picks). It's not hard to have no losing seasons when you have a franchise QB and an all time great GM loading the team with studs year in and year out. He doesn't inspire much confidence in me with his decision making or personnel decisions, and he is stubborn to a fault. He isn't some great offensive or defensive mind either. He is just a guy that his players love playing for. And that's great. But lets not act like he is some all time great coach or something. I think you have to do more to earn that honor.

To your last point.... Our last two playoff appearances we lost the game in the first quarter. Just straight either didn't have the team prepared or straight out-coached. This is where he is supposed to shine. The whole "players coach", get the team ready to play, standard is the standard BS... and we flopped against Blake Bortles and Baker Mayfield at home. Horrible. We lost to Tim Tebow and were a miraculous Shazier strip and Burfict/PacMan Jones clown show away from losing to AJ McCarron. These aren't good moments. Aside from his first few years in the league, he has folded in the biggest moments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I wouldn't say I am a hater, but that doesn't show me much. Cowher had his shortcomings as well (couldn't win the SB, never had a good QB to lead his team etc.). This is a different NFL though. The new era of great coaches bring something to the table in the X's and O's department. They are great offensive/defensive minds that bring something more to the field. It feels like the game has passed someone like Tomlin by. A purely players coach might not be the way of the future. This team desperately needs some life injected into them... Tomlin has to figure out how to do that. We can't keep scoring 14-17 points and changing nothing. If he can't figure it out, it might be time to find someone who can bring this team and Kenny Pickett along to finish the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    This entire thread is nothing but bait. He just wants you to say Tomlin sucks then his reply will be you must be a racist. People that think Tomlin is a HOF coach will look stupid over the next 3 years. Tomlin couldn’t win a pop-Warner football game if he had high school kids on his team.

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Something similar was tried. The powers that be decided Tomlin needed a helper, basically our coach needed a coach. Extra personal were brought in for clock management and replay challenges, but I don't recall anything getting any better.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That would explain his win/loss stats....

• Like Like x 1
  24. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    I don't hate Tomlin. He's doing the best he can. I hate the current bar this organization and a lot of the fans have set for themselves.

• Like Like x 1