1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Pre season All pro/HOF candidate on the market

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelers304, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know if you're aware of this but they signed a OLB already in Ingram :facepalm:.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's pretty good satire, well done Steelers304. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Skipper is a cautionary tale for those that dawn over camp heroes

Haskins and Pierre seem to be the new great hope. The odd one hits of course. Fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

I don't know they had an LJ Fort on the roster and he was a camp darling as well.

One of the things I don't like about the "New NFL". You don't actually get to develop that the diamond in the rough if it slides into 2 years or so and you have entrenched starters. Sliding to a practice squad after teams have seen them in a few preseason games and can judge where they're at and potential is risky.

Not saying superstars are being poached, but those "back-ups" you were trying to groom get snagged for quality starter or "developed" back-ups for someone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Agreed. How many times did James Harrison get cut.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I like the new Covid rules and glad they are returning for the 2021 season. Now, if only Tomlin can remember to activate his 2 extra guys for the games this year.:)

• Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

• The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

• Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1