1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers on wrong side of story

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 18, 2021.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree. The 94 AFC Championship loss to the Chargers was a hundred times worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

TT completed something like 9 passes in that game. Y’all make it sound like he ripped us to shreds when nothing could be further from the truth. DL had the correct coverage on that ot score, Mundy just blew his assignment.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I confuse Tim Tebow and Terrell Pryor all the time. They do look alike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Bunny?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Look, all of this debate over Tomlin should be done already. We've clearly seen the best of Tomlin and his teams and the painfully, the worst. The dude has had good to great offenses and defenses during his tenure. He's had a hall of fame QB at his disposal during his peak playing years. I'm not going to point out the wins and losses we all know so well.

But, everyone should know by now that the sad truth is we aren't going to win a Superbowl with Ben anymore and the era is over. I don't believe at all that Tomlin is the guy to develop a new team into a Superbowl threat going forward. No way. And Ben is NOT Brady or even Elway who will make a late career push. He faked it for 11 games this year until the reality put on a jersey. Paper Champion.

This whole team needs a fresh start and re-build. Kicking the can and only being the 5th, 6th or 7th best team in the playoffs delivers what exactly? This is about winning SuperBowls.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Uhm...it was the Pats. They did the same thing to us...and the rest of the league...for a long time. The majority of their wins in the big games weren't because they were the better team.

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He was exceptionally mature for his age.

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I still hear we lose games because of losing RShazier.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Freaking autocorrect Mundy

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Or how this defense we have is so complex and amazing yet if you lose one guy it completely falls apart.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It was a shot at tomlin lol haha

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Because the Patriots scheme depending on opponent. The Steelers "do what we do, against nameless, grey faces". So when starters are out, "next man up" who wasn't good enough to play all year is asked to do what the starter did.

Tomlin, in short, is a complete and utter dolt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Remember how terrible it was in 2019 before Minkah arrived? Also notice that whenever Watt and/or Heyward is on the sideline for a breather, the opposing offense cuts through it like a knife through soft butter.

This team is 100% based on having better talent out-executing and winning one-on-one matchups. They can't scheme for ****.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Bzzt. Steelers were 6-pt home favorites vs. SD, 7.5 road favorites at Denver.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Bush and Shazier would have been a great ILB combo.
    Irrelevant. Steelers were stacked and healthy in '94 and the '11 team was a mash unit.

• Like Like x 2
  16. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For me (and I imagine others) the loss to the broncos was worse because expectations were higher because of the team we had for those years.
    I get HM's point about the state of the team in 2011... I'm not claiming to be rational all the time :)

As for "it's about winning Super Bowls"... My gut tells me that is not the organization's top priority. Fielding a contender (or at least what most spectators feel is a contender) year after year is the priority and winning a Superbowl is gravy. That's what it feels like to me (and it seems to make good business sense)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ryan Clark would have played at home. I believe that's what he means.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Yep that was my intent.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    No team led by Neil O'Donnell is "stacked". Also, 8-8 opponent vs. 11-5 opponent. The Chargers and Steelers were mirror images of each other in 1994.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

The 1994 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the 1994 San Diego Chargers was the furthest aspect of being reflections of a lake and the closest allusion to "David vs. Goliath". Ironically enough, "David" ended up winning that bout.

The 1994 Pittsburgh Steelers are still considered by many Steelers Fans to this day as the greatest underachieving team in Steelers History. A San Diego Team of that caliber should have lost soundly but did not. The fact that said squad did not even face the 49ers in the big game is nothing short of a catastrophe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    This whole team needs a fresh start and re-build. Kicking the can and only being the 5th, 6th or 7th best team in the playoffs delivers what exactly? This is about winning SuperBowls.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you what that brings you, a late 1st rd pick which makes it harder to gather the talent this team needs.

23. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As for "it's about winning Super Bowls"... My gut tells me that is not the organization's top priority. Fielding a contender (or at least what most spectators feel is a contender) year after year is the priority and winning a Superbowl is gravy. That's what it feels like to me (and it seems to make good business sense)[/QUOTE]

That was basically my argument and position about the team for most of the Cower years before Ben got to town. They never made the push for free agents or enough moves in the draft to get a franchise QB. They made an agressive move (thank god) to get a Safety in Troy Polamalu but never a QB??? Never made sense. Then letting Rod Woodson walk even though he still had productive years in that other teams utilized quite well.

Anyway, I would take heat from die-hard homers because I would gove the Rooney's flack about just wanting to be competitive enough to be a playoff team to sell more tickets and team gear.

24. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    It’s not Tomlin at this point. It’s Art Rooney Jr. Born into privilege and is clueless on how to win. Is more concerned about looking good at social gatherings he frequents. Steelers will be another Detroit soon where another son of privilege runs the team. Soft and without personal achievement and the team reflects that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    This is a major issue. At some point TOMLIN will walk away but how do we get rid of this idiotic Rooney? You cannot fire the owner! Ask the Pirates.