1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers not getting 10-0 Respect

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Read an article saying the national media and sports writers are not giving the Steelers their props because of 3 things.

1. They are not blowing people out for the most part. Besides Cleveland Cincy and Jagoffs the games have been relatively close. Not impressive when it comes to being truly dominate on the scoreboard. Style points don’t count in the NFL but that perception is still there. I will say this that two of our blowouts are the last two weeks so maybe that will start to change??

2. They don’t have an elite playmaker on offense. Just a lot of good players that make the system work but no one electric type player. Dionte and Chase could become that guy hopefully. Ben is having a solid year but probably wouldn’t finish in the top 4/5 MVP race at QB.

3. KC is still the best team regardless of record. Many, including myself, don’t think we would beat KC in a playoff matchup. A lot of people think it would have to be the 05 or 08 route of avoiding the Pats for example.

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    After finishing the last 2 seasons watching the playoffs from the couch, it is cool to have this be the topic of discussion about steelers being the worst 10-0 team ever.

It's like the saying, what do they call the person who graduated last in his/her medical school? Doctor.

What do they call the worst 10-0 team ever in the NFL? Undefeated.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I been hearing that bull**** that we didn't blow everybody out. That's only matters in college football and this is not college football where most players never see the NFL.

If I'm honest, I fear KC will stop us if it get's that far. I do believe we have #5 and #6 because Brady didn't get a chance to beat us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I could truly care less at this point. We’re 10-0, coming off of two blow-outs and have a chance on Thursday to sweep our rivals. I’m happy and we’ll see how things end. All I know is that I’m enjoying the ride :)

also, KC is the best team in football because they have the best quarterback. But that defense is ass and the Steelers have the personnel to get after him. We’ll see where we go!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Who cares what anyone thinks? Just a bunch of opinions that don't mean a damn thing.
    I couldn't care less if they ranked us in the 10-15 range. When the clock hits zero the only thing that counts is that the Steelers are ahead up on the scoreboard and so far that has happened 10 out of 10 times.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree the media are the last ones I would ever listen to, so I never do. They try, and usually fail, to be experts on all 32 NFL teams plus teams of other sports, and college etc. I focus on 1 team. Who's opinion do you think means more to me? I even value this MB more although not always agreeing with everything that is posted.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    People expect Steelers only to be good if they are blowing out above .500 teams by 4 scores week in and week out.

yet chiefs scrape by some bad teams and they scream dynasty!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bigbenhotness, just don't change your avatar and we will be fine. :clapping:

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Who cares get respect when you raise the trophy in the air

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It's cool to be disrespected. Makes the ultimate victory that much sweeter.

But they do have a point. It's the conventional wisdom. It's what we know and expect out of traditional winning football. The Chiefs fit that mold. And good for them. Woohoo.

But I've been sitting at home flabbergasted, watching this unconventional team just find ways to win. We are flying in the face of convention and have changed our stripes to do it. And I've come to the conclusion that this is what it takes in 2020 for the Pittsburgh Steeler to write history. No Steelers team, following convention, over the past decade or more, could have pulled this off.

So bring on the disrespect. We're not who you think we should be. Awesome. We'll just have to feel bad with our perfect record. Gee, sure wish we fit your mold and had lost a game or two.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Ibeen saying it since last year, the way to beat KC is to hit Mahomes, he never gets hit.!!... U can tell by looking at him he is soft, lol.... Ido believe we can/ will if we get a chance to play them in the playoffs......either at home or at KC doesnt matter... there is no home field advantage this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    The same people think Lamar is a good QB

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    It does piss me off a little that this group isn't getting more props.

#1. We are blowing people out. We destroyed a very good Brown team that happens to be 7-3. We blew out the Bengals who had played everyone close up until us. We blew out the Jags who had also played close games against good teams. Blowing out bad teams is what your supposed to do. Right?

#2. We do have an elite playmaker. His name is Ben Roethlisberger. Ben should be in the MVP discussion IMHO. I'm really not sure what Ben has to do to get national media respect at this point. Outside of Mahomes, is there a QB in the league that's playing better?

#3. I think we are better then KC right freaking now. Offensively the Chiefs are slightly better. Special Teams are about even. Defensively the Steelers are way better. I would give the coaching nod to KC, but Andy Reid has his coaching gaffes just like Tomlin does. Plus Tomlin has owned the Chiefs when the two teams have played.

It's hard to believe the Steelers are 10-0 and still flying under the radar. To be honest it's probably better that way.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's clearly just a writer looking to have people read his nonsense. The Steelers are getting a ton of respect out there by most of the talking heads.

But even if they weren't, who cares? Why do fans always insist on getting respect from the media? Respect can't be denied if we win it all, and if we don't win it all, then we don't deserve respect. Nobody plays for second place.

As for KC, they are the best team still, because they're the reigning champs and are looking pretty good against this year. We have the opportunity to dethrone them though.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    In my opinion, Steelers can beat anybody in the NFL except for the Chiefs. Let's hope Chiefs lay an egg in the divisional round like Patriots did in 2010. I don't think Steelers match up well vs. Chiefs.

16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Idiots like Colin Cowterd and Michael A. Smith get paid to be provocative. Doesn't mean they know any more than anyone else. They are there to get ratings. Getting people talking gets ratings. Not from me. I don't watch either one of them nor most of the rest.

17. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    We are winning by an average of 12.4 points a game. If that is not dominant then I am not sure what would be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I think a lot of comes from Steelers history of losing to bad teams throughout the season in years past. It's like they don't trust them to not do it again this year.

19. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I hear who have that beat? They squeaking out wins.

Who has KC beat? Which KC win was more impressive the 3 point win over the Chargers or the 3 point win over the Panthers.....or maybe it was the last second win over the Raiders since that already lost to them once

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I would say it’s more based on recent playoff history but it could be both.

21. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Not many of us trusted them not to do it this year either. I mean, why would we? Why would anyone? Kudos to Tomlin and his merry band for changing their stripes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    No, Patrick Mahomes screams dynasty lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Doesn't matter to me. Rather the focus be other places as the Steelers continue to win. Mahomes is that team, but if anyone matches up against them better it's the Steelers. I definitely have more confidence in the Steelers offense moving it rather than the Chiefs moving consistently against this defense.

I hope we meet them in the playoffs. If not there will always be that, Well, you got lucky you didn't play KC!" put up or shut up

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Is it really the Steelers fault that they are playing a 2nd place schedule?

They can't help that the NFC East is utter trash this season.

They can't control that the Texans traded away their good players, they can't help that Denver isn't quite there yet.

They have beat who has been put in front of them. To this point they can't be any better.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's consider the "Greatest Team of all time's" (72 Dolphins) record and scoring differential - not every game was blowout but gotta love that beatdown of the Pats. Things really tightened up in the playoffs (e.g. Steelers AFCCG - and why was that game played in Pgh???:

upload_2020-11-24_9-38-47.png

upload_2020-11-24_9-40-23.png