1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Fan from Long, Island NY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Kirkland, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Born and raised in Long, Island NY. Was brought up to only be a Yankees fan growing up but became a Steelers fan on my own. Like a lot of Steeler fans that didn’t grow up in Pennsylvania the seed was planted by having Steelers pajamas as a kid in the 80’s. But I can trace when I became a die hard fan back to the exact date and game.

January 8th, 1994 - AFC Wild Card Round Steelers vs the Joe Montana led Chiefs

I only had a basic knowledge that the Steelers were known for their defense first and foremost which drew me in for sure. But it was two Steeler legends that got me hook, line and sinker. Greg Lloyd and his bear cage face mask was one. The other was Bill Cowher and seeing his brand of intensity on the sidelines. It was a barn burner of a game that went into overtime which the Steelers ultimately lost but that was it. I’ve been all-in ever since.

Going into this season and seeing how loaded their roster was at every level I felt the Steelers had a real shot at a 7th Super Bowl trophy. It all hinged upon how well Ben’s surgically repaired elbow held up. So far so good. This has the look of an exciting season for Steeler Nation and I’m forward to sharing it on this forum. Here we go!

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Welcome! Nice avatar pic!

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome to the board :steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
  5. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Thank you Steeler Nation!