1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers @ Colts Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 29, 2024 at 12:55 PM.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

That befalls on Tomlin and Smith.

Granted, establishing the run is a Smith hallmark. However, that is only going to work if both the RB and OL are in sync. Thing is, I heard Daniels went down and the cohesion was tested along the line yet again.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oof.

That said, I still have faith in him. However, he will have to fix his shortcomings quickly. CeeDee Lamb is a different beast all together.

Peezy Jr. will have to play lights out.

3. Circusfreak

Circusfreak Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2023
    I agree PQ was abused among others.

4. Circusfreak

Nov 2, 2023
    Thats why I said earlier up that I hope Pattersons ankle heals

5. Circusfreak

Nov 2, 2023
    Feels like the more they try to limit injuries, more injuries are occurring. Im sure thats just perception but players changing how they play the game can be dangerous as well.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Very rarely can you make a legit judgement on a team after 3 weeks. What’s more likely is you think the Steelers are better than they really are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
  8. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure exactly what you are saying here. The rule was/is meant to be long standing. Not met and then abandoned or forgotten.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They aren't a bad team either they won 9 games last season and smoked the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    To satisfy the rule you only have to interview one minority candidate. The Steelers had already done so. Which makes the claims Tomlin was only hired because of the Rooney rule even more absurd.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Porter sucked today. No doubt about it. I agree that he has to be a hell of a lot better next week against Lamb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TN Vol Steelers Fan

TN Vol Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2020

I’ve never been too impressed with Naje. He had an elite O line @ Bama but can’t get it going w our O line. Yes they are at best average, but Warren has had success and then Patterson last week and today.

Idk what we will get for him, maybe a third rounder? That was a boneheaded and lazy play!

13. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    It was a bad game but after a brutal start they hung around. I’m actually fairly optimistic despite the loss. They could have just folded and mailed it in but they didn’t.

To me the big negative is the injuries. They’re really adding up now especially on the OL. The entire OL with Daniels out has a combined 5 years of experience. That’s scary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Daniels is in a boot and on crutches

15. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    That excuse might fly in the first half but not the second. They had halftime to regroup and the offense did their job in the second half, aside from the last drive. Too many big mistakes to overcome.

16. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Matters not if the Colts are a bad team. When you have unforced errors and give the ball away, you're going to lose more often than not.

17. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah, that’s an opinion for sure. Not one that I happen to share. We have a fundamental disagreement of what racism is vs. an unbiased opportunity I guess.