1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Spillane

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Thing is, no one besides one member of this message board really knows what happened. For all we know, they could have been trying to change positions. She wanted to be facing him and he didn't want to take the chance of her throwing up all over him, evidence and all that. She tried to spin around and he tried to keep her from it and she slipped off the pole. Hell hath no fury like a drunk sorority sister scorned on the bathroom floor.

(Please understand, I'm not making light of sexual assualt. I'm making light of people who think they know what happened)

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Unlawfully restraining someone while you sexually assault them is most certainly kidnapping. Edit: or not. Ok, I am flat out wrong. It is considered separately. So I withdraw that claim with my sincere and humble apologies. Regardless, I am NOT saying that Ben did this. I have no idea. I was simply responding to what someone else suggested he did. IF he did what was suggested he is a total piece of **** and should be in jail.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If he fingered her or stuck something else in her after she wanted to stop, I agree.

Anyway, as riveting as a 10 year old accusation is, lets move this back to Spillane.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The content of that post is absolutely making light of sexual assault.

5. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    The content of your posts makes light of rational thought. We're even. Neener.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I truly hope Spillane shows better judgement on the field than you have shown on this thread.

7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    So, yeah, Spillane is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Spillane is a quality piece to Devin Bush. That said, if Spillane can become more explosive and quicker via reading his keys, that will be quite nice leading down the stretch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd like to see him be patient. One of Vince's biggest faults for all the stories written that he has a film study guy he still sucked at play recognition and jumped the first gap he saw. Yes he filled an obvious hole in the defense but instead of being in on the play he gets blocked. Going back to Shazier and Timmons the had speed to compensate for not reading the play right. When they brought Barron in I was encouraged because in his highlights you saw him get through a hole quickly and attack the runner before he could cut. Sadly that player never materialized in Pittsburgh. So I'd like to see Spillane be patient like Bobby Wagner and wait until the runner commits and then explode into him.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kaboly was saying that he looks quicker and more explosive in camp :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough.

That said, need to see some of these improvements come game time. That is the only way to truly see if he has or has not. Even so, good news all around regardless! :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I like Spillane... coming off the bench. Other than camp phenom Tuzar who has the best chance to take his spot?

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Tuzar was just released by the Titans btw. and he was an OLB but I get what you're saying.

I'm with Dulac and think Buddy Johnson will have a great camp. As to who is the starter next to Bush, I have to give it to Spillane. The wild card is UG3, is he finally over his injury problems and can he contend?

They are talking about having Watt, Highsmith and Ingram on the field at once, maybe that's a sign of things to come until things iron themselves out at the ILB spot.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bush have the green dot? I like Spillane coming off the bench with the green dot.
    Buddy was 3rd or 4th or what round?

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Yes Bush will have the green dot and Buddy was a 4th rounder. Only one player on the field can wear the green dot so on the few times that Bush leaves the field I'm not sure who would get it. I'm sure that will be a fluid situation until preseason is over.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Patience is key. That said, to explode a la Bobby Wagner, Robert Spillane had better made unimaginable strides in terms of his athletic training..... and there is only so much he can do to max out his abilities. Aspects such as speed, explosiveness and agility are all inherent; very seldom that increases make substantial gains overall. There is a reason why Bobby Wagner is capable of such feats; athleticism to pair with intelligence; an elite player.

Robert Spillane can read his keys just fine. That said, he has to take the gamble when he sees the slightest opening between the Offensive Lineman and the gaps between them. If not, he will surely fail his assignment as his limited athleticism will not allow him to contend with chasing Running Backs along the sidelines; doubly so in the likes of Baltimore, Kansas City and Tennessee.

17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I thought Spillane played good early on, but I'm concerned how he faded and didn't look so great towards the end of the season.

If it was me, I would have gone with Vince.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That seemed to be the Steelers' preference, but Williams had other ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He was coming back from a knee injury at the end of the season.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2