1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Spillane

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Jul 21, 2021.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think they finally have some pieces in place that they have been trying to get for years now. killebrew, johnson, spillane, UG3. we have seen marcus allen tried, we have seen mark barron tried. UG3 has not been healthy. they have been trying to get more coverage and speed put into the position for years now. i think they have those pieces in place to finally make it work this year. we shall see. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They've been trying to get career special teamer Miles Killebrew in place for years now? They've had UGIII in place for years, but he can't seem to transfer his play against furniture movers in August to the big stage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i expect the steelers will use killebrew much different then the lions did. UG3 and the back injury has slowed his progress for two years now. the kid was talented but can't stay healthy. he has the skills, if he could last. he was pretty talented in college. buddy johnson will eventually take the spot though i believe. butler doesn't like rookie LB'ers playing and never has. to a fault at times. he didn't even have faith in harrison the year they made him the starter by default. bush they had to play. he cost them 3 picks. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Why?

All that talent and yet he fell to the 6th round.

Vince played as a rookie, so did Jarvis, Bud, Highsmith, Watt...If Buddy can't crack this lineup there's a problem.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Was there some very inappropriate behavior? Definitely. Was there anything criminal? Apparently not anything they were able to prosecute.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There was nothing they could prove. That inappropriate behavior was certainly worse than Bush posting a bunch of stupid stuff on social media.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Is it that you don't understand the difference between "accusations" and "actions" or are you intentionally conflating them to justify your ridiculous stance?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Maybe it is overboard. You might very well be right about that. But it is how I feel. I didn't like him to begin with. He is conducting himself in a way that forces my hand to ramp up that dislike to something more akin to hate. But like I said, I accept that people can change and will be willing to admit I was wrong about him if he gives me reason to. That's the best I can do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If it was consensual how would it be inappropriate :shrug:???
    I'm the first 2 tell You I wasn't there. I'm going by everything I read , and what was reported.
    If it was Rape He should have the Book thrown at Him, but if it wasn't, and It was just an accusation after the fact of consensual. Then He has been demonize enough.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Agreed. Just because behemoths block the door, doesn't mean she was hit over the head with a club and drug in there against her will. Were the guys guarding the door holding it closed to keep her from escaping? Or were they there to give she and Ben privacy? Did she ask them to guard the door so she wouldn't be seen giving Ben a hummer? Apparently, only @Formerscribe knows the answers for certain. If only he were around to give us the facts that only he knows about this situation. While we're at it, let's ask him who the 3rd gunman on the grassy knoll was or where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. All hail Formerscribe, the all seeing, all knowing. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good stuff

13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Rape kit came back negative, otherwise Ben would have been arrested and charged. She only said Ben raped her the third time she talked to the police. i.e., she was probably coached.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Not too many posts make me laugh out loud but this one did

15. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Glad I could be of service :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    vince had to play as a rookie and then when the starter came back vince went back to the bench.

yes there is a problem, he has a starter ahead of him.

so did tom brady and antonio brown. harrison went undrafted and cut twice here. foster, feiler and AV went undrafted, yet started for years here. what's your point? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Who wants to tell him that the exception is not the rule?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We get it. You can't wrap your head around Roethlisberger being a bad guy.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There are more detailed reports out there, but apparently, you think this isn't nearly as bad as posting weird crap on social media.

https://nesn.com/2010/04/ben-roethlisberger-police-report-indicates-accuser-told-him-no/

20. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Woah, that's damning right there. It says she and her sorority sisters went bar-hopping with him. What does that tell a sane person? It tells a sane person (not you) that she and her ditzy friends fan-girled around a group of professional football players and followed them from bar to bar. If a hot girl follows you from bar to bar, drinking your liquor (because you were OBVIOUSLY paying for it) and throwing herself at you, you might get the impression that she wants more down her throat than an apple martini. And when her teasing gets to the point of something else and she's drunk, something is going to happen. Do you think (of course you do) for one second that the starting qb for the Steelers is going to whip it out in the middle of the bar? No. He's hot for this girl. She's hot for him. They've been drinking. One thing leads to another and guess what? The bathroom is the most private place you're getting to before you lose wood. What did he do wrong again? Not accusations, pretty please. But what did he DO wrong?

If my daughter had went out with her friends and was STUPID enough to put herself in that position, I'd be just as upset with her as I was the guy she was throwing herself at. But I can say that because I know my daughter. She wouldn't have done anything like that. Still wouldn't.

Other than make a bad judgement call with some drunk chick who had been throwing herself at him for hours, he did nothing wrong.

Prove otherwise...I'm waiting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Far more fail than succeed. It’s nice to find an undrafted guy that was overlooked, but it’s not the foundation for building a winner.
    You’ll find that Mac carriers a torch for these late round picks and undrafted players. You know how most guys have a “camp darling” or two? Mac has a truckload of these guys every season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They just need to "step up". :cool:

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Where is the evidence she was throwing herself at him? It's not there. You ask me for evidence as you make false claims that you can't back up. That is comical and sad. She tried to leave. She said no. He closed the door with his guys making sure no one could get in to help her.

Drinking with a group of guys does not mean a woman is throwing herself at those guys. As the father of a daughter, you should know that.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I recall reading that she followed Ben to a few different bars and she was wearing a shirt that said “DTF” on it. That doesn’t justify being rapped or sexually assaulted though.
    It’s interesting that the police and prosecutors having first hand access to the alleged victim, the alleged perpetrator, and the witnesses couldn’t put together a case against Ben yet somehow you can read the story’s on the internet and conclude he’s guilty?

You’re getting pretty worked up over “allegations “ It’s almost as if you’ve already decided that everything the alleged victim said is 100% factual.

We know what she said happened, but did it actually happen that way?

• Winner Winner x 2