1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Someone speed up time! We need Thursday to get here quick.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Aug 1, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/31/pittsburgh-steelers-najee-harris-mike-tomlin-care-nfl/

Second time I've seen this article or a similar one today. Maybe I have a chip on my shoulder but damn people you draft a top pick running back in the 1st round to play him. The shelf life of running backs is small so get what you can. Tomlin didn't break Bell, that was his own doing by getting a big head and wanting a big pay day. Tomlin used him to fuel the run game while here perhaps a bit much but use the tools you have. Also where exactly is Tomlin going? That one makes little sense as well.

So please football soon so at least the wasted roster spot debate or Dobbs v the Qback room threads can start.

• Like Like x 3
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    IMO a very stupid article.
    Most Rbs today just don't care 2 really play after they receive the big pay day. They Got what they were after. It's either that , or they are much softer than Rbs in the past.
    I don't believe that...so my believe is once they get paid big they don't really care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, the article makes a solid point. It wouldn't hurt to have another DeAngelo Williams. However, those guys don't grow on trees and the Steelers have other more pressing needs. What would really help is for one of the other backs currently on the roster to step up and prove they could be an option to take some of the load from Najee Harris. But, to Thorny's point, they didn't draft Harris to limit him to fifteen touches a game. This isn't baseball, there is no pitch count. He's going to be busy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Doesn't it make it seem that while Tomlin cares about his other players and them having long careers he uses RB like deodorant and chucks them when they get hairs stuck to them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin gets players paid, probably high on his agenda. :shrug:

The rookie contracts only help the organizations. Let teams decide how much they want to give a guy like Harris.

6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    This is Tomlin's MO, he doesn't shy away from it. Feels like 2014, though, with nobody behind the bell cow.

Is Ben Tate still around if we are in a pinch?

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Until I see something different, there aren’t any Walter Payton’s out there. I hope Najee becomes the next Sweetness. Yea

• Like Like x 1