1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some wonder how we managed to survive the Matt Canada era

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jun 24, 2024.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Since LeBeau was forced out how's that going? Brought Flores in and should have kept him and reduced the puppet Austin to another position. But he wants his defense. One year! One year as a defensive coordinator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Take the eyeball test.

3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Yeah,Flores would been a much better DC for us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Who says the QB has to be within the Top 10?!

For that matter, that didn't stop the team from Drafting Pickett did it?!

5. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    and this is also possible to trade up in the top 10 if you love a QB like crazy!

The chiefs did it with Mahomes(27 to 10) and the Bills with Allen(21 to 7)

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Penn States WR Corps from 2023 could not get open even if you paid them to. For that matter, the continual mention of that Ohio State game is an excellent example. The All 22 proves that.

If you believe that having no weapons makes a QB horrible, not sure what to tell ya there.

If anything, Pickett can thank Jordan Addison.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

So you do agree that Allar is a top 5 QB in the class?!

Noted! :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said, and this will be the last time I say it....I don't even acknowledge You anymore.....especially after the whole Qb sneak thing....I'm still laughing at that.....Hell I told some of My friends the other night, and they got a good laugh at it also. LoL. You know very little about any of it, and only what others tell You....maybe later on after actually watching some games , not Twitter/X/YouTube/stats, but actually watch the games....then You will be actually worth discussing football with, and believe Me it has nothing to do with disagreeing with You, but You argue about stuff You .....1. Don't know really know about, and 2. Stuff You have never seen.
    I argue with many on here, but hell I have argued with @Blast Furnace , and @Formerscribe more than anyone, but at least they know football......you just go by what others tell You, and You read, or see on said.....X/Twitter/YouTube

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That gave me a laugh what you said about WR corps. I do not follow NCAA but golf with two guys who were Penn State Alum many moons ago. Past few seasons they made similar comments about the WR corps. I have no idea but when they dragged me into the conversation all I would say was, "Go Pitt";)

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Allar is only being mentioned by me as I fear that the likes of Beck, Sanders and even Ewers will all be gone within the Top 10 picks; all playing at their best of course. Even if accounting for other QBs like Milore, Ward and Weigman, it is basically a roll of the dice for all of them. Allar is no exception himself.

That said, if you are rolling the dice on a QB, best to push your proverbial chips into the table with someone who has the most physical intangibles possible for your team to have a chance to succeed. QBs like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and even Phillip Rivers are why they are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Hell, what is even more intriguing about all of this is that the Steelers have historically prioritized physical capabilities among their QBs. Even the lesser QBs like Mark Malone or even Joshua Dobbs had some serious tools to work with. Big Ben wasn't as savvy as Manning or Brady but his overall athletic profile and skillset more than made up for it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Well.. it is comical when it is the truth I am afraid.

Penn States WR Corps was arguably the worst in the B1G ranked teams. Allar sure as hell didn't help himself (as I have noted before) but whatever assistance he did provide for the team ended up becoming nothing. Hopefully that changes with Penn States new OC Andy Kotelnicki; a man who took Will Howard, someone not even on Allars level, to new heights at Kansas State.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    It is possible the Steelers will be the only team in need of a QB when the 2025 draft rolls around. Possible.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well that's interesting.

You forget we have Fields;)

14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    You said the other time that Allen run too much because he had over 100 runs...My point was many of his runs was designed not just a scramble....Same for Hurt,same for Lamar,same for Newton in the past

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

I honestly hope either Fields or Wilson works out. Ideally Fields but if it is Wilson, so be it. That would allow the team to hold off another year at minimum.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    H2P

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't see any of the QBs in this class as franchise QBs.

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

So again, has the 2024 NCAA Football Season concluded?!

All I am doing is asking a simple question here.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And before the 2023 season we already knew there were some likely franchise QBs in the draft, this year not so much :shrug:.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

OK.

So what you are saying is that there is a zero percent guarantee that one emerges?!

You do know that part of what makes a QB a Franchise QB is the situation they land themselves in correct?!

Again, the 2024 NCAA Football Season hasn't concluded nor begun; nevermind being close to starting.

21. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Draft a QB every draft until we get it right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't say one of them won't emerge, I'm not sold on any of them right now.

• Like Like x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yet you said Drew Allar will stink regardless. :hmm:

24. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Well, we will have to see how Pickett does in Philly. To see if it was Canada or not. But I'm thinking it's not. Matt was just a part of it. If Kenny was the man, he would have been spectacular. But-------:shock:----nope.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The moment that Kenny will have the chance,in Philly or in another team,he will be better but I don't think it will be enough to be a true franchise QB,who is the goal for every team

• Agree Agree x 1