1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So that’s your Kicker?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn’t catch much news of how he got here.

But why use someone that you had no confidence in kicking a FG?

The short kickoffs fooled his own team’s scheme for sure.

2. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    his career long is only 46 yards...but tomlin still needed to send him out there to try a 46 yarder instead of that awful call on 4th and 1..

3. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I can only guess that they have full confidence that Boswell will be back next week or else it was a weak sauce move. If you know Boswell it a going to be out again then you have to find out if this guy can kick at the professional level or have tryouts first thing tomorrow morning no excuses. Probably one of the more questionable decisions tonight that can be directly attributed to Tomlin.

4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea if you have no confidence in a kickers ability to make a 45 yard FG in a tie game with 5 minute left in the 4th quarter then what the hell is he doing on the roster. If Boswell can’t go again this week then Tomlin better go get another kicker for the Bills game because he obviously has zero confidence in Wright if didn’t even think about putting him out there to kick in that situation.

5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Wright seems to be a nice kid. He looked a bit young too. I think they picked him up from Thaddeus Smith junior high in Lancaster. He led the Amish league in "Kick the Cob through the Barn Doors".

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Supposedly he wasn’t convincing on 45 yard attempts in practice.

I’ve no issue with going for it on fourth and one if that’s true but you’ve got to go with your best play and make sure you execute.

7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I have only two issues with your comment. 1. best play and 2. execution. The Steelers showed that neither exist consistently.

• Like Like x 1