1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Switzers baby son has Covid

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Awful.

Prayers

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Prayers here.
    That's terrible. I didn't know children could get it, or that it really effected them.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It is terrible and one of the misnomers about the Virus. Anybody can get it, and while statistical data will show how it affects certain groups in general, there are always outliers that will never be explained (or possibly understood) on the how it affects individuals in specific ways. I had 4 grandchildren 4-8 in she same home, my daughter got it at work (nursing home RN), she bore light symptoms, her husband did not get it, 2 of the kid did and had more severe symptoms (thankfully not hospitalized)..and the other 2 did not get it (or at least showed no symptoms).

I guess my point is I just will never make light of something we know so little about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Very random. 2 people I know died from it, 30s, and 40s, yet my extremely morbidly obese friend and his family just lost smell.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    His son is out of ICU, surgery reportedly went well.

Keep it up little Switz!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    When I saw that on a twitter feed my heart broke for him. I'm recovering from a horrible bout of Covid-19 and it isn't anything I wish on anyone, yes not even Tom Brady and I really hate Brady but it is a horrible horrible thing and no 9 month old should go through it.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad you are on the mend, Thorn :good:

8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks Blast, I had a moment or two there where I was going the call the folks and prepare them for the worst.Thankfully late Sunday I started to get better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Covid positive doesn't mean he has the disease. It just means there was a positive test.

10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    It's not a misnomer. Kids are less affected by this than influenza, and by and large are not transmitters.

That's the science. Those are the facts.

11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011

Good to hear. Happy that this story got a happy ending.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I won't dig into the science but having recently recovered from what they call a mild case I take nothing for granted. The wife and I tested positive a day apart and both were sick for almost two weeks, mine was closer to 3 weeks. Towards the end of the sickness our 10 yr old and 7 yr old tested positive. It was worrisome because we had originally thought they were patient zero but they had it from us. My daughter spiked a fever for a night and then was done. My son's asthma gave him issues but he seemed to be better by day 3 with nebulizer treatments. So that might back the children claim. We figured our 17 yr old who has a job at a coffee house and was at school with friends might have been patient zero but she never got sick. All I can say is I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy and I took every precaution I could. Take it seriously folks because it can kill you.

13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    If China never released those videos I wonder if we even would have known. Keep in mind that since May, "cases" are being tracked using a very faulty PCR testing system that wasn't designed for this, per the creator. It has a 90% false positive rate. Those same tests are used to identify hospitalizations and deaths, even if the "infected" had no symptoms.

For the first time in history we're advocating mass testing of the healthy with said test, and telling everyone to wear masks and avoid crowds, even though the science/evidence says that asymptomatic spread is near nil.

Also unprecedented is that natural immunity from previous infection (centuries old science) is being touted by vaccine proponents as a "conspiracy theory", thus requiring everyone to get a jab with an untested, unprecedented mRNA vaccine.

Sorry, this is not now, nor has it ever been about a virus.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Was just coming to post this. Thought this awful saga was over already. Can’t imagine the hell they’ve been going through.

Glad to see he’s going to have a full recovery.

• Like Like x 2