1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Double hell no!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    That dead horse of a contract just starting was around the Eagles neck and that really had no real choice in the matter. Hurts is a great back up QB and not sure if Eagles run with him starting for a while or get a new QB is this draft. That's their problem and a lesson of giving big contracts when there were warning signs. Lots of dead money they're chocking on right now. We're paying the price ourselves with Ben's contract so hard to criticize them for the hole they dug themselves into. That's our problem.

3. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Absolutely spot on. However, the Colts make me somewhat envious is how they adapted to the loss of their starting QBs. Luck bails out just before their season started a while ago and they did something about it with Rivers. Then Rivers bails out on them and they get Wentz. We drafted Mason and guess who pouts about it?

4. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The idea of three 1st round picks for anyone is insane especially for QB's that are more than half used up no matter how good they are now.

If I was willing ( and I am not ) to give up three first rounders I would use them to move up in the draft if I could grab a so called generational QB talent.

Three 1st rounders should be 3 starters for 8 to 10 years for a QB that has maybe 6 yrs left and will be playing for a team without any new 1st rd talent for the next three years.

• Like Like x 1