1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger ranked 10th best Super Bowl QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FosterMorris, Jan 28, 2022.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Can't talk about the fumble form Mendenhall when ben himself Gave up a td with a pick six and if we want to talk about what ifs the packers loss Woodson and driver. Also they dropped like 3 tds in the game. So no what ifs. Packers were just better and Rodgers that day was playing on another level. Sad though because I believe that team was the most talented steelers team of the ben era.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Agreed. You're probably right. I just feel I've never seen anyone get luckier than Eli.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    YouTube has about an hour long video showing everyone of Ben's career TD passes. His first one was to Antwon Randel-El. Some of his first year TD passes were to these blasts from the past. Dan Kreider, Verron Haynes, Jerame Tuman and Jay Riemersma.

• Like Like x 4
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    8D1ED419-4550-48E5-A461-88EF1E761F18.png

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I’m watching the Steelers Cardinals Super Bowl on NFL Network now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bradshaw should be higher than Elway! :nono:

8. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Big ben made plays over and over again, NONE of these other guys could make, we all saw it - TB, the Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers and I'm not talking about this junk SB list. I'm talking about the big names of the last two decades. None of them could make the plays 7 made. Here's another thing put Brees in the AFC North outside all the time in the cold, he would not have been nearly as succesful as 7, but 7 could have played in QB friendly conditions for 18 years in the NFC South and padded his stats the same way, Brees wasn't going against Suggs, Lewis et all when they hjad a great defense for a decade. Suggs woulda killed Drew Brees, Big Ben played gave as good as he got with him.

You have to think about the context about where he played his football and his SB record, is better than Brees and Rodgers - Eli come on, very good QB not in the same conversation as 7, Rivers? playoff success literally zero, again playing again QB freindly conditions his whole career - he wasn't helped however by playing for the biggest choke franchise in the NFL, goi g right back to LT's teams. Look at Rodgers better numbers, sure, better pure passer sure, playoffs? we saw it again last weeked - don't tell me Rodgers hasn't had great teams behind him.

Ben made the plays none of these guys can make. So to me, there's Brady in the modern era, then there's everyone else and 7 is right there on that tier 2 below him. I mean even Peyton played all his football except that carry 2nd SB in Denver whre he was way past his best and carried, played it all in the best conditions.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020

• Like Like x 1
  10. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Ward was limited by his beer gut at the time (he looked like the bus).

11. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Ben had a fat Hines Ward, mike Wallace was a joke, antwon Randle el played ahead of rookies Antonio Brown and Emanuel Sanders. The coach traded Santonio Holmes because he smoked a joint in the off season. That was not a great WR group that year. The rookies would become great and ward was past his prime

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Mike Wallace was arguably better than Holmes. Made a pro bowl and had 3 1000 yd seasons including 1 without Ben. Holmes had a 1000 yd season 1x. Hines was past his prime but still a very good possession wr like a old Larry Fitz. Sanders played but for whatever reason couldn't get along with Ben. Heath Miller still balling. Randel El was a decent 3rd wr.

13. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Just to clarify, brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Aikmen and all the others on this list, none have won a Super Bowl. They were all members of TEAMS that won Super Bowls.

14. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Randle el was decent the first time with the Steelers the second time around he should not have been on the roster in front of the two rookies

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think Denver went up 10 zip and Washington looked lost. I said to my friend that's it, all over. I lost a bet that night lol.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no evidence that it was just Tomlin wanting to deal Holmes, and it wasn't just that he smoked marijuana in the offseason. He had been busted for possession and he still decided to brag about smoking marijuana on social media. I have never agreed with the decision, but let's be honest about what happened.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Denver was up 10-0 and Williams hurt his knee and fumbled. The officials made the ridiculous ruling that he had given himself up and handed the ball back to Washington. Once Williams returned, the snowball started rolling the other direction, right over the Broncos.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    All is correct however been has been fairly bad overall in the playoffs/super bowl.
    3A292E44-EB83-4458-AF87-90F72BF0A6AA.png

19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Have to agree with Ben not rating too high on this very narrow "Super Bowl QB" ranking. Ben won two lost one, it`s fair.

I saw Montana myself. He is the #1 in this very specific ranking, while Brady is better overall, not asking who is better overall here. Brady has lost a number of SB games. You could argue Brady played below his own average during his S.B. games. Therefore, Brady could fairly be ranked below a number of QB`s on this list. It`s is also true you could say Eli should rank high. He is a prime example of how you can be clutch if you can get to the S.B., but otherwise be just above average. Therefore, this list don`t mean much, LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now look at Bradshaw. I believe I showed them both together , but some will say one was more clutch. I enjoyed both,and will not pick one over the other, and will defend whatever is being talked down. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben’s first win is what hurts him in these rankings with Eli. However, that game winning drive Eli led over the Patriots was the ugliest drive ever. But to borrow a quote from Tomlin “It’s not about style points!”

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I was ranking total careers. A lot of the older guys did not have to deal with free agency/salary cap (Elway is the only guy who played significant time in both eras) and Eli is mediocre. He only won playoff games in 2 seasons of his career. I would not even argue if someone said he was only above Plunkett on this list.

Brady played in 10 SBs and won 7. A .700 win percentage in the regular season would be the fourth best of all time. Brady played in over twice as many SBs as Montana, I am not going to knock him for losing 3.

• Like Like x 1