1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Chadwick Boseman

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by santeesteel, Aug 28, 2020.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Probably best known for "Black Panther" I remember him as Jackie Robinson in "42" and James Brown in "Get On Up". Colon cancer at 43. Great actor gone too soon!

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I've not seen most Marvel movies. Just Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2. Yeah. I know. Sue me.

So I never saw him as Black Panther in any of the movies. But he was great as Jackie Robinson. And he dies on Jackie Robinson day. Maybe poetic. I don't know.

RIP

• Like Like x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm happy to say, I haven't seen any Marvel movies! My wife loves them though.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Truly sad and he was filming some of these movies while undergoing treatment and still no one knew. Amazing feat in itself.

RIP Chadwick Boseman.

@Ray D , I don’t know if it’s just because you have never gotten around to them or just not your cup of tea but they are really good movies. Black Panther was very good and Captain America: Winter Soldier may be my favorite of them all, excellent movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    A bit of both. Spiderman and Captain America never appealed to me. By the time the first Avengers came around, I was way behind and never really had time to catch up. Maybe one day.

6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Saw him as James Brown last week. Not even a James Brown fan, but he played him to a t. Saw him as Jackie Robinson and never knew it was him. Will have to look for Marshall, where he plays Thurgood Marshall.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The good thing about a lot of these movies is you can watch them as stand alone and not be lost too much if at all. The thing I loved about Winter Soldier is it had a really good bad guy, one of those bad guys you can’t help like because he is such a bad ass. There is also a really good car chase scene with Samuel Jackson.

Scarlett Johansson also stars heavily in it and I can never grow tired of looking at her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    F man, love Marvel Comics and Movies. RIP Boseman!!!!!!!!

Unpopular opinion... I hope they recast him though and keep the character going... T'Challa is Black Panther!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought...Black Panther, Age of Ultron, and X- Men Apocalypse were the worst of the Marvel movies, but I collected comics for a long time. So. I mean killing Klaw off in 1st 20 mins of the Black Panther....well....it would be like if the 1st Batman movie just came out and they killed off the Joker 20 mins in. I can't even get started on the other 2 I mentioned . I'd be here all day

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have you seen her in Under the Skin ? If can never grow tired of looking at her. You should like this movie :thumbs_up: