1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RGIII Tears ACL Walking Into Browns Facility For First Time

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Lambert, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Borrowed from: http://dailysnark.com/report-rgiii-tears-acl-walking-browns-facility-first-time/

[​IMG]

BEREA, OH – The Cleveland Browns made it in the news for the first time this offseason for something not bad happening involving a quarterback. As of around 11 am ET Thursday, Robert Griffin III is the newest name on the Browns long list of quarterbacks that they hope will work out.

Griffin, coming off a season of sitting on the pine in Washington under Kirk Cousins, was looked upon highly from the Browns coaching staff for his athletics and potential, especially after a year of rest from injuries and playing in general. But Griffin couldn’t avoid the injury bug for long.

While literally taking his first steps at the Browns training/practice facility, Griffin crumbled to the ground in front of Hue Jackson and Griffin’s agent. Lying in that all too familiar position, Griffin murmured under his breath. “Not Again. Not Again.”

Griffin was taken to the Cleveland Clinic to where he was diagnosed with a partially torn ACL, reinsuring the same he’s torn through previously.

Many sources and players around the league think Griffin used this as a ploy, purposely injuring himself to avoid having to play for the Browns, but Griffin’s camp has denied such allegations, calling them, “plausible, but unlikely.”

No word yet on if the Browns will revoke their 2-year, 12 million dollar offer, but team owner Jimmy Haslam joking noted, “We’ll bring it to him next time…”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    lmfao...who's that clown laying down like Griffin? He needs to be nominated for an academy award. LOL

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    I always thought RGIII was treated poorly by Shanahan and still do.

But Cousins is apparently the better QB.

I wouldn't want RGIII on my team- he is made of glass.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, we can count the Browns out for a couple of more years. They have the #2 pick and could "potentially" get a franchise quarterback. Why dump all of that money on RG1.7?

(He's broke so often, he doesnt get a full 3 anymore)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Me too. I'm sorry to see him go to Cleveland, franchise is just too dysfunctional for anyone to succeed at QB there.

I do think he will get a much better chance under Hue and used more appropriately. However, if he doesn't learn how to avoid taking big hits, won't matter much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I disagree; RG3 started out being treated fine. His first season was a fluke first season just like Vince Young and Michael Vick's first season.

Those running QB's have fluke first seasons because defense don't know what to expect; once they got a years worth of film on those guys, they were done. Because the truth that no one wants to admit is these guys are horrible at reading defenses. In RGme's case, shanahan had to have him only focus reading half the field.

Plus..it was RG3 who rushed himself back from that knee injury; and RG3 admitted later that he rushed back because he knew Cousins was a good quarterback who could take his job.

So putting everything on Shanahan isn't really accurate.

And once the coach cracks the whip on you, you run up to the owner? Undermining the coach to the entire team?

If Brady had ever run to Kraft because of how Bellicheat was on him, Brady would have been gone too.

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

Yeah, Browns will be out of commission at least another two years now. Hopefully more. We need a division dormat for everyone to get a guaranteed two wins out the season. Funny...the Patriots have had 6 guaranteed wins like this for years now. :)

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

All though I think this RG 3 report is a HOAX and not true at all:The browns seem to be cursed at the quarterback position, even if they draft the number 1 QB in this draft, and they will, you just know the QB they draft will have some kind of issue on or off the field that will prohibit him from being the franchise guy they think they drafted, you almost feel sorry for them but it's hard to have any sympathy for a team in our division....

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Those days of signing the number 1 QB in the draft for big money is over, the days of signing number 1 QBs like stafford and bradford to 75 million dollar contracts with 50 mill up front is gone since the rookie salary cap was imposed, now the max contract for the top QB is 25 mill for 4 years with a 5th year option and they can pay any portion of it in a signing bonus, chump change compared to the way it was, RGs 12 mill deal isnt going to break the bank and it gives them an experienced guy who they liked what they saw in his workout, they can start RG while their rook QB learns the ropes......

12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    RGIII puts the break in Breaking News.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If they take a QB at #2 and don't start him, ready or not, the fan base will go bonkers. Well, more so than they already are.

14. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Did you watch RGIII's playoff game rookie year? He was limping badly almost from the start and instead of pulling him the Shanahans called run plays until his knew blew up.

After that game RGIII handled the interview very well.

Shanahan ran his mouth to the media about Cousins being a better player... fine... maybe put Cousins in when RGIII's leg is dangling by a ligament then?

Yes RGIII wanted to play on his injured leg but that's like a fighter refusing to throw in the towel... his corner has to do it for him.

Shanahan lied about the team doctor clearing RGIII after he was hurt during the Ravens game. The doctor said he never got a chance to look at RGIII who took one play off and went back in.

If a player pulls himself he is a Jay Cutler and loses the team. Tomlin played Leftwich a full game with cracked ribs as he threw the ball into the turf over and over.

Also, Ben's role in the offense was minor in his first couple seasons. He threw 20 times a game often on play actions and was never expected to be a pocket passer.

That is what you do for a young QB! RGIII isn't nearly as good but the point remains that a simplified offense is the norm for young QBs with exceptions only for a few QBs like Manning, Luck and Bortles.

The owner always had a close relationship with RGIII. He was going to be the star of the franchise and return them to glory. Saying RGIII ran to him likely isn't accurate. Snyder is known for being informal with players.

That doesn't mean Shanahan wasn't threatened. Shanahan literally benched RGIII tonget out of his contract with the Skins because he knew it would piss off Snyder.

When a coach uses a player for political reasons to my mind only a fool would put 100% of the blame on the player.

RGIII played hurt much of his rookie season, got his team to the playoffs, took all the blame for his injury when there was no way in hell he should have been playing and Shanahan lied about it.

RGIII was a standup guy in his rookie year.

The mess that is the Redskins and the feud between Shanahan and Snyder tainted RGIII.

Glenn will be along shortly to call me a conspiracy theorist and to iterate "That's not what Shanahan said. I trust the coaches. They are NFL. Shanahan always right."

15. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    http://nypost.com/2013/12/11/shanahan-benches-rg3-power-struggle-with-snyder-escalates/

^ Link that affirms a lot of the points I made.

Shanahan said that Snyder "empowered RGIII above all other players" in his rookie year.

That doesn't sound like RGIII had to go whining to Snyder at all. It sounds like Snyder showed favoritism to RGIII which undermined Shanahan's control.

Snyder and Griffin were buddy buddy feom day one and any report to the contrary is revisionism.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    100%

• Like Like x 1
  17. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    DUDE Its a grammy.
    a grammy nomination is what it is.

I had a grammy earlier now it's about a bump.

;)

B O T

I don't like this thread.
    it really pulled at my heart thinking it actually happened
    tell me it isn't so Joe

18. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Blast, the thing about these head coaches is most of them are control freaks. It's basically their job to oversee every little detail on the team and being a control nut helps.

What I think is hilarious is that the 49ers fired Harbaugh for being just such a control freak. His players said that he treated them like college players etc.

And now they've gotten Chip Kelly who has little experience treating his players as anything but college players and who is a complete control freak to the point of getting rid of star players with big egos he probably felt threatened by.

Baalke is REALLY going to butt heads now. Teams don't usually fire winning coaches after 3 years. Kelly must be a real piece of work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

:lolol: @ the comments under the article by people asking if it's true on a website by the name of Daily Snark. :doh:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    That's the curse of Daniel Snyder. He's been a black cloud over that team since he bought them. He made RGme his personal project when he personally got involved with the trade acquisition with the Rams. His involvement did directly undermine Shanahan's authority. But Shanny now looks like a genius in also drafting Cousins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    But that aside, I dont think RG3 was ever that good. Another running QB who really cant read defenses...ala Vince young, M.vick, Tebum..I mean Tebow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless he has cured his accuracy and his quick decision making skills, RGIII will struggle
    in the NFL game.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I actually agree with most of this.

24. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, Cleveland, that`s where you go to revive your career, and have a good chance of success...

I`m not scared of seeing him twice a year....

Or whoever they draft...

That franchise is the definition of dysfunctional!:shrug:

GO STEELERS!