1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rest Ben for the next 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Dec 23, 2020.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    There's no chance of a bye so I don't think standings really matter. There's not really any home field advantage this year due to COVID, so I would sit Ben for the next 2 weeks and see if that fixes whatever is wrong with him. The next two weeks don't matter that much in terms of wins and losses.

I would sit anyone that's really banged up.

If Ben can't get it together with some rest, then he needs to be cut. Were going to lose a bunch of players next year and have no cap space to sign any good replacements. It's going to be a tough few years. If Ben can't win with this group, then he sure won't be able to next year

The only downside is facing KC early in the playoffs, but if we can't beat them then we're clearly not winning the SB either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think he’s gonna suck either way lol

Remember early season when he was missing deep and grabbing his elbow and Steelerglenn was like “YOURE NOT A TRUE FAN BECAUSE YOU DIDNT BUY 100 STEELERS JERSEYS AND YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION FOR BRINGING UP HIS ELBOW!”

I remember do you

Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The division and a home playoff game is worth playing for. If they beat the Colts then rest as many as you can sure, but I think they need to do everything they can to win this weekend. The Colts are hardly a juggernaut, they are beatable if the Steelers can work their way out of this recent slide. It’s unlikely, but they have to try.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Personally, I think Ben is too rusty already. Keep him in.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We all know it won't happen but I do like the thought. I'm convinced the Brown game is for the AFC North. Could you imagine that stadium if it was packed.:facepalm: The Brown fans been waiting for a moment like this for a long damn time. They hate us and for good reason. This is huge in Cleveland. That being said, save Ben cause we ain't winning that game and who knows we could get a pleasant surprise. We got our ass kicked by third string QB's maybe we have one of those games with Mason.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Colts have a very good defense, this Steelers O couldn’t even move the ball on the Bengals.

Taylor is getting hot at the right time and Geo just ran all over this defense.

I have little hope of us winning this game. The only silver lining I can take from that is they usually win when I feel this way :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Did you feel that way for the Bills game?;)

8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Rest Ben for 2 weeks and then what? If his arm is shot, two weeks off won't help. If it's not shot and the issue is poor protection and no running game, two weeks off won't change that.

If Ben's done, he's done. Rest won't matter. If he's not done The only way out us to play thru it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Bills are campaigning New York State to allow 6700 fans in the stadium for their home playoff game.

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    They are being teased by Gov Cuomo. "Of course, you can have fans if it's safe, I'm open to the idea." At the end of this circle jerk, Hizoner will decide that, alas, things just ain't safe enough. It's not me, you understand, it's the science.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope, I felt they could win that game, was expecting a better game from them than what we saw.

• Like Like x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I guess the plan is to administer 6700 rapid covid tests in the parking lot. That sounds pretty ambitious. I've been to several games in Orchard Park, they aren't the most compliant people.;+)

13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Cuomo's setting impossible to meet conditions. See, I was reasonable, I was perfectly willing to have fans, you just couldn't meet the standard. I grew up in WNY, still have family there. I know exactly how the people are.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    One thing that could be a big boost is the return of Vince Williams. This assumes that he has recovered enough to be effective. At least that would give the Steelers two viable NFL inside linebackers, something they have not had the last two games.

That said, it really depends on Roethlisberger. Unless he can somehow start making better decisions and better throws, they aren't going to be able to score enough points to beat the Colts, the Browns, or anybody they would face in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was referring to Bills-first playoff home game after a 25 year drought-fans. No disrespect intended. I've envied their fandom at times, they're pregame is the best I've ever attended(non-Steelers).

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Rest him for 2 weeks and see if that helps him for any magical reason you can dream up. Who knows and who cares, but surely it's worth a try to right this ship. It's completely off the rails right now.

If his arm is shot, then he's done and he should be benched for the rest of his career. If it's not shot, then rest him and see what happens.

At this point, what can it hurt? I don't care one bit about the division or home field. It's not like we haven't lost a playoff game at home under Tomlin before.

17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No disrespect taken. Great fans in WNY. It's easy to be a fan of team that contends every yr, and to ***** about 'only' winning 3 playoff games in 10 yrs or not having a losing season in 18 yrs. it's easy to show up for that team. I wonder how many of B&G fans would stick through a 20yr playoff drought or 10 straight losing seasons. Bills fans show up thru thin and thin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thisx100

19. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can't rest Ben.
    The whole "going down with the ship" thing.

Organization probably feels they owe it to him to let him try to fight out of this.

It can't end like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Uhm no they needs reps together let them work it out now

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019

Glemm has spent 200 K on Steelers merchandise in the last week alone. Super Fan of the year for sure.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The infatuation you and SDOT have for Glenn is creepy. Very creepy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    His posts are just so dreamy. You on the other hand old man :bscow:

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Oh yeah, Bills fans are very loyal. The ones I know have never wavered and they follow the team the same every season, despite their record.