1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens release Mark Ingram

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 21, 2021.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He cleared waivers, one of the four remaining teams might snatch him up and put a ring on his finger.;+)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If he wants to play for league minimum or at least a value deal next year it wouldn’t be the worst move for the Steelers. The younger guys could probably do with a veteran presence in that running back room and he is a good guy by all accounts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Bills lost Zack Moss. I don’t know if Ingram is better than TJ Yeldon right now. But he might be,

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    IMO....2 many....cheaper Rbs in the Draft. I honestly believe plenty of Good 2 Great Rbs & Wrs come out of the Draft every year. I think it's the most plentiful positions in every Draft. It's why I think it's Incorrect 2 over spend on them.
    O Lines make most Rbs, & QBs make most Wrs.
    For example...think it was just luck how good Connor looked his 1st year starting behind our Great OLine then...compared 2 playing behind our O Line now.....
    or....How we just seem 2 get lucky drafting Wrs....P. Manning in his prime, T. Brady, R. Wilson and A. Rodgers just 2 name a few...Teams always seem 2 get lucky drafting Wrs.....Yet Cam Newton , L. Jackson, and Marcus Mariota...just 2 name a few...teams just can't seem 2 draft them. Strange LoL

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ingram is more done than Conner. Sign Frank Gore if we want a old back.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    We need a back that can pound the ball..seems these backs are a dying breed

10. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    :huh:
    He probably is done and I think the Steelers should target a RB in round 2/3 this year. Conner will be gone presumably

Ingram could be a good mentor for the young guys if the money was right however, and still has some value in a limited role. By all accounts he was very humble and gracious after Dobbins took his job in Baltimore. Steelers have plenty of roster spots open too by the looks of it. Again, id only consider it if the money was right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Back to back years grabbing a rb in the draft? I'd like to see a quality te with our second, third. We passed on Dobbins, is there that type of rb to be had late in the second?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m not a draft guy and only know what I’m seeing in the various mocks etc but there are always good running backs in the second round, or early third.

This might be the year to trade back out of the first (if they can) and try to get an additional third round pick, giving them two selections in the second, two in the third and two in the fourth (including comp pick for Hargrave).

The first six selection then might be 2 x OLine, running back, tight end & then a linebacker or secondary player.

Rookie backs nearly always take a while to settle in, an experienced guy like Ingram wouldn’t hurt in the early months of the season and might pass on some valuable knowledge to Snell and others as well.

I think the young receivers could use a similar veteran type in their room as well, a high character guy like Larry Fitzgerald or AJ Green might really help these guys develop. I know that neither of those guys will come to Pittsburgh but you know what I mean.

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I wouldn't mind Fitzgerald but AJ hasn't done much for a few years now, with a quality qb. I think the Steelers can find a 1st year starting tackle with their first rounder, one of the better players available late in the 1st imo.

15. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I know Green won’t be coming here, was just using him as an example of a veteran player that might help the younger guys, a high character guy on the back nine that has had a good career and won’t have big salary expectations. There are other guys out there that might be looking for a job. I don’t think they’ll use a high draft pick on a receiver this year.

Agree that if there is a Tackle they like at 1.24 they may pull the trigger, everyone is looking for Tackles though and there may be a run before it gets to 1.24. I hope they don’t reach if that happens. Go for value

• Agree Agree x 1