1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid reaction to Ravens win

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    How about it was a gut wrenching loss for the Rat fans. Something that will make them wake up screaming for the next 7 nights.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Harbaugh went for it because he'd lost several CBs during the game. Let's not act like he (Harbaugh) dropped it. The play worked and the players just missed it. The call was fine, the execution was just off slightly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I fault Boz for blowing the extra point, but the KO after the last TD was just a really unfortunate bounce. That ball hit at one yard line mid field and spun parallel to the end zone until it went out of bounds. Tough to fault him for that.

I also thought the deservedly maligned offensive line brought their lunch boxes today and punched the Ravens right in the mush in the fourth quarter. Was Ben even sacked at all?

The refs were abhorrent. The non-call for Clark's hit on DJ deserves an explanation. The reversal on Ray Rays unbelievable catch leaves me even more confused about what constitutes a good catch. Especially since they flagged TJ for something he said in the first half that had nothing to do with protecting the players. The hit on DJ did.

Ben was able to channel classic Ben and made some great reads and throws.

I guess whether one believes Hairball's call was gutsy or stupid depends on your own philosophy. Was he showing belief in a certain play and his own people, or was he thinking that Pittsburgh had momentum on offense and might very well win the game outright if they won the toss? I thought it was there, but TJ disrupted the timing and his throw was off. Off enough that even if Andrews had managed to somehow make the catch, I think the DB (not sure who it was) had a chance to tackle him short of the end zone.

After the big drop on a sure TD in the first, DJ was lights out. I really like him. He cares, and he works hard on his skill set. Plus, he is most certainly not your stereotypical WR diva.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well hell, that's the payoff, right? LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Cost me $200!

6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Didn't Duck Dodgers start that game?

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    and we can only hope it continues to carry over

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They got over to even be that close and had the better team. You go to OT with the best PK in the history of the league. If they stop the Steelers once, they win with a couple first downs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I think they played better because Tomlin played music during practice last week! Claypool was right!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Love the W... should’ve been a 2 TD win. The DJ drop and if Claypool runs through the catch instead of pushing off a DB he gets his in stride for another.

just my attempt at what if’s and could’ve should’ve that are popping up here.

great W hope they didn’t shoot their wad and smash the Sotans Thursday night

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    hahahahaha

Tomlin was asked in his presser if TJ will ever practice again (awesome results without practice of course) and coach said yes he will and there won’t be any music hahahahaha

• Like Like x 4
  12. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I don’t believe the kick out of bounds was completely his fault. It’s most likely wad of gum was getting cute and telling Boz to kick short. Once the returner decided not to catch the ball, that thing was bouncing every which way

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It was as dumb as you could get. Tie the game, take it to OT. Deflated, team, fanbase and generally anybody that has a heartbeat. Glad they tried it and glad TJ is a beast and still should be DPOY.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Either way, I blame Tomlin for that win

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin sits back and watches. Nothing more nothing less.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Ask yourself this question.

If that was the Steelers and Muth was that open, would you say the defense made the play or that Ben made a bad throw or Muth still has to catch that?

Also, it wasn't Bush who had Andrews on that play, it was Minkah.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with all this

18. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    hey glad they made that bad call

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    No that was with Vick at QB. The 2 point conversion was a direct snap to Leveon Bell who barely made it across the goal line. Duck won out there also in 2019.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Did you think this at halftime? If they were were so pissed off and ready to play, why did the offense do nothing in the first half, while the D got pushed around on two long drives? Did their anger only emerged at halftime?

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's what you get for betting against your team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He lives rent free in your head

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'd say that someone stepped up at halftime and made a passionate speech at halftime. Typically teams that have such little TOP usually wear out in the 2H and get blown off the field. They definitely showed pride. The run game started getting going down the stretch and LeGlue, or whatever his name was played well. Witherspoon played solid today as well. I can't forget about Wormley and Adams, both played very well up front. There's different something to build upon going forward, but not convinced they'll win more than 7.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    That was the GW TD by Bell, not 2-pt'er, but same concept - could have kicked to go to OT.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Definitely happy with the Muth pick. We’ve got our TE for the next decade or so. He may not be Heath, but he’s capable of being a quality starter for sure. :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 2