1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

R.I.P Thread

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Jul 18, 2024.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I learned of pouring the beer out in my foray into Rap music. My buddies and I honor a deceased friend a bit different. Let's just say ours goes up in smoke.

Not a fan of seeing that 7 number in a lot of these deaths. I need more 8's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Amen

upload_2024-8-30_19-0-8.jpeg

accouterment

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup. But in the end, a pipe is a pipe. ;) I wouldn't use it for... other things. But I suppose it's possible.

Here in PA, you can legally consume certain things if you have a card. But burning it in any way is still illegal. More's the pity. I'd prefer to light it. Edibles / consumables don't agree with me. Luckily, you ARE allowed to vape it. Not "vaping" liquid like nicotine (although you can do that too). I'm talking about vaping flower. Basically a very small convection oven that releases the desired compounds in the form of a gas from said flower.

It actually works pretty good. (And there's far less waste) But I'd still rather use a pipe. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I used to use the Volcano that turned into a balloon of vapor to vape flower. It was kind of a pain in ass since we now have disposable vape pens that do the same thing and so convenient. I use to make my own edibles, that too a pain in ass. Love going 5 miles from my house for all my needs. We now have 5 stores within 10 miles of me and they are all doing well.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    RIP Johnny Gaudreau and his brother. Killed by a drunk driver while cycling. Were in town for a wedding. He was an NHL player for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You can't burn it. So a normal joint is illegal???
    Yeah no edibles for me. I thought I was going to die on edibles once. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I read about that. It's sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Oh the stories I could tell of other people. I can handle things very well in that area of life. I do enjoy when friends get paranoid:) Had to talk a few down cause they wanted to go to the hospital.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I did it, and didn't know. I was visiting people, and they offered a cookie, and I instantly stuffed one in my mouth, and downed it, and started on my 2nd, and they were like .....hey slow down, and I was like....why ....they they told me, and I was like...phssssss....no biggie to me....I started drinking, and about half an hour later I was like.....I got go outside. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Mine feels rather convenient. But maybe I just don't know any better. No balloons. Just load, heat up, and rip. And it only holds a little over a tenth of a gram at a time, so I'm not likely to overdo it. (With feedback not quite as fast as smoke, but close enough). I know where I like my therapeutic level to be. And i can use whatever strain i want. This is most convenient for me.

The carts make me have coughing fits. I keep one on hand for the occasional use. But it's not my go to.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I never enjoyed going from sober to f'd up in 5minutes. I prefer good sipping whiskey/Rum and the ability to better control the buzz.

But I swear I can't go anywhere anymore without smelling the smoke. Even with all the alternative ways it seems smoking is still the favorite around me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    RIP for the Halloween franchise. I just seen the last one, and what the Hell. LoL Each of the last two movies got worse

15. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Bite me. I did a little work on those.

:superstition:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I enjoy my whiskey, too. They just have different uses for different conditions.

And I rarely get FUBAR either way. That's almost never my goal in the first place, especially with the herbal remedy. IF I plan to get way past "relaxed," it's more likely to be alcohol doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I haven't touched it since the early 90s. Even then it was only on rare occasions. I think I have a low tolerance. I just want to go to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everyone's biology is different. It does the exact opposite to me. My Friend will become couch potatos, and I'm like.....let's go do something

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hope it wasn't the writing, or editing of the story. Also that's what gets me.....they had good writers.

20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    RIP to the two teachers and two students whose lives were cut short by a mother f--king senseless act of violence. So many lives affected by this incident.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sad. RIP

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    RIP Sergio Medes - Ma Que Nada. He had a slick Brazilian Jazz band that was popular on and off for several decades from 60's through 90's. The fascinating part is he kept altering the name of the band every 11 years starting out as "Sergio Mendez and Brazil '66" then repurposed to become "Sergio Mendez and Brazil 77", "Brazil '88" etc.

This was all on the heels of IMHO one of the coolest soft jazz tunes from that era with the great Stan Getz on sax - "The Girl From Ipanema". Both clips below.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    R.I.P. James Earl Jones. This one stings a bit. Farewell Sir!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not only Darth Vader, but I will also remember Him as Thulsa Doom from Conan

• Like Like x 1
  25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wife #1 was the Queen of malaprops. She would always mistakenly call James Earl Jones - James Earl Ray and called that quirky little Irish film about the old guy who won the Irish Sweepstakes - Waking Ned Devine as Waking Ned Beatty which of course conjured up nasty images of a certain scene from Deliverance. That wasn't why I left her though - it was because she didn't like any kind of fish or meatloaf and refused to let me cook them in our house. Can you blame me? :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4