1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

potential trades?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I know we are up against the cap, but any trades we can make?

I think some position rooms need more help than a single draft can provide, TE being one of them...

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Not saying something won't happen, but we have somewhere around 35 players under contract (not including futures), I just do not see anyone that trade worthy that we would not want to keep, and any player that another team is breaking our door down over.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Trade for them...
    Trade for everyone....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I could see us trading Haden instead of just cutting him..... we should be able to get some extra draft assets for him

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Trade Nelson and resign Sutton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Who?

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    TJ for Deshaun? Too much to give up
    DeCastro for a 2nd rounder? Too little return.

8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Trade Tomlin for a box of animal crackers.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    The analytics say that if we sign and trade for every NFL player our chances of bettering 8-8 is up 10%!!

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wonder if Rodgers comes with the case of beer?

11. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    ESPN was doing a piece on "what if" trades just to show the value of these QBs that wanted to be traded and I thought it was all crazy talk when they mentioned Watson would command TJ Watt and a first pick and a third for 2022.

Now seeing what the Rams just did ...its not as outlandish as I had originally thought.

• Like Like x 1
  12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Should have traded him to Washington when the rumours were floating and if true. I then said do it and I still would do it. It's clear just how far this dude can take us. It took Cowers old squad and the fumes of the Lebough defensive unit to get him a ring and close to another. Since Tebow the trend should be clear.

We had our best shot but the Jags and Bortles lit us up. This 11 game win streak was sheer luck and lots of those wins were not on solid ground (Phili and Dallas were the most obvious).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That's why this Franchise is in trouble...If true, Art didn't / wouldn't do it because...He thinks Tomlin IS a great Coach!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019

I would do TJ plus a 1st and 3rd for Watson all day any day. But we would have to cut bait with Ben and eat a **** sammy . But Watson has 10 years ahead of him

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    You think we could trade for Foster Moreau?

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Naw, some Jiffy Pop

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Did Ben have any trade value?

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Let me call up Colbert and I'll let you know what he tells me.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not a potential trade on players but this is something to keep in mind as the Draft nears.

While I remain skeptical of this idea, the fact that Bouchette is closer to the team than most suggests that this could happen. That said, how high is the team willing to go is the question here.

20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ed also has an article yesterday stating that Ben coming back is by no means a done deal. Reading between the lines I’m not sure the team is thrilled about the idea of pushing a boatload of money down the river in to future years. I expect they will decide what to do when the cap number becomes clearer. If he come back it’ll almost certainly be for one year only, Rudolph will be gone after the season as well.

Re selecting a QB in round 1, I don’t think it should be a surprise at all. The team arguably has the worst QB situation in the entire league and it’s the single biggest issue that they need to address. If there is an opportunity to attain somebody that they like I expect them to take it.

They should not reach however. If they don’t like what is there they can pick up a Mariota / Dalton / Brissett type in free agency next year and just try to get by. First round picks are too valuable to just take a swing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    If Steelers draft a qb rnd 1 why would Ben come back? The team needs help on offense, on the line and at RB.

That would be the third time the FO has done that to him. We could have been rolling with a cheap vet back up this whole time, and used those picks in other areas.

If it happens again, I think Ben just retires. Why should he take more hits, due to a presumably worse line, just to groom a qb in waiting?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    If there is somebody you like within reach in the first round I think you probably have to take them. The QB position is too important to ignore for the sake of Bens ego. He is nearly done, if he isn’t already. Team and it’s future comes first.

I’d agree that selecting Rudolph in 2018 when they had already picked Dobbs the year before was probably unwise, but they had a first round grade on him. When the QB is in his thirties you need to be on the lookout for the next guy. You could also argue that Dobbs was the real mistake the previous year.

From what I’m seeing it appears that it is Ben that is pushing for a return in 2021 rather than the team. Read Rooneys comments from last week, lukewarm at best, despite how they were portrayed in the media.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dobbs was a huge mistake. I watch every Sec game. When they selected him I remember my cousin , and I were like what??
    Not hating on the kid he's very bright, but not the best of QBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Yep, I’d never criticise a team for taking a QB they like but the Dobbs pick looked like a wild swing. It’s made worse for me by the fact that Kittle was widely mocked to Pittsburgh that year because they needed a young TE, he went a few selections later. What could have been!

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Filliponi is a **** stirrer... Don't you remember it was Jameis Winston for weeks and weeks, then Fournette,then give Houston whatever they want for Watson...

That's kinda his gig...Like Mark Madden ( but not as outlandish ) Say the absolute most Asinine takes over and over....To try an create a buzz