1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff spot

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 6, 2021.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers wouldn't last one minute in a playoff game. Like the last playoff game vs Browns.

2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If they end up being one and done in the playoffs that would be a miracle, as they really are not good enough to be there. The AFC is a mess this year.

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Find me a dominant AFC team right now? Looking down the current seeding:

1. Patriots - Probably the most legit team right now. Mac Jones is a rookie though, so there will be growing pains here.
    2. Titans - A mess since Henry went down.
    3. Ravens - Not nearly as good as their record, too many wins on bad calls by the refs and frankly, luck. Took a 66 yard FG to beat the Lions
    4. Chiefs - Probably the 2nd most legit team, however, their offense is not as automatic as previous years, and their defense is lacking
    5. Bills - Who knows which Bills team shows up week to week
    6. Chargers - Horrible defense, the offense is hit and miss
    7. Bengals - Up and down and all over the place
    ---
    8. Steelers - The defense will carry them on any type of run they make. I would say they are no better or worse than the Titans, Ravens, Bills, Chargers, and Bengals right now.

9. Colts
    10. Raiders
    11. Browns
    12. Broncos
    13. Dolphins

Looking at those teams does anyone really think the Steelers are out of it?

Steelers remaining schedule

Vikings
    Titans
    Chiefs
    Browns
    Ravens

Games we originally thought to be brutal, now look more winnable, more so because no one is playing very well this year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Steelers are definitely not out of it by any stretch. I really believe if they find a way to win these next 2 games with the Vikings and Titans who are both missing their best running backs the Steelers will have an excellent chance to make the playoffs.

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Minnesota just got beat by Detroit, so why would confidence be low for the Steelers?

6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Ben has thrown a TD pass in 26 straight games. That's the second longest active streak behind Kirk Cousins.

7. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Not sure 3 gets them there, 3 wins gets them to 9.

Pats, Buffalo, Tennessee, KC and LAC probably all getting to at least 10.

After that someone's winning the North. Plus between Clev, Indy, Balt, LV all playing each other - someone is losing, but someone is also winning too.

If Steelers are getting 3, hopefully it will be Cleveland, Baltimore and one other.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    By golly you are right. That made little sense.

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Same short week for the Vikings. The big advantage is home field.

10. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    For people who know football. Steelers are a very underrated and dangerous team. This board continues to only focus on the bad! Damn every team in the AFC is struggling to get wins. Now you all thinking the Patriots and Mack Jones are the team LMFAO Weak schedule and all. I expect Buffalo to blow them out tonight….

Pittsburgh beat Buffalo the Super Bowl favorite and Baltimore who are also considered super bowl favourites. They going to crush Tennessee and KC and you’ll still whine like sucks. Support the team man get over past struggles.

We are the team to beat wake up!

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel_d_curtain

Dec 20, 2011
    You guys whine not every game, or every qtr. you guys whine every play. We are going to the super bowl so eat my bag of nuts !

12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    BTW, this is the first time every AFC team had at least 4 losses after 12 games since 2002. Didn't end well for the AFC in the Super Bowl that year, guessing it may not again.

That year the Super Bowl pitted two old, retread QBs, Gannon vs. Johnson. Odd season. Nobody finished better than 12-4.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hard to say what'll happen. The Ravens are very shorthanded on D so the division isn't a lock for them.

14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Remind me of the Steelers this time last year, think they're going to lose a few more.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I told you last week we would win 3 more in a row starting with the ravens, and what did you say? This after I told you about the first 3 game winning streak that we actually won 4 , and tied 1.

16. ZiviliSteelers

ZiviliSteelers Member

Oct 18, 2021
    As long as the Steelers have Ben they have a shot this year. The AFC is very competitive but not consistent so I'm hoping the Ravens game is the springboard to a little momentum that will carry them into the single elimination tournament when anything can happen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Bills losing last night puts 3 teams at 7-5 now along with the Bengals and Chargers. The Steelers with a win in Minnesota should be able to sneak into the 6th or 7th spot this week. I think either Cincinnati will lose to San Francisco or the Bills will lose at Tampa .

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    How the Bills lost to a team that only attempted three passes is beyond me. Strange season

20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    They were discussing on the NFL Network today that Belichick might have had the greatest coaching performance in NFL history last night. They ran the ball 46 times and threw only 3 passes.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    It's unfortunate that this is the week of our Thursday game. That win against the Ravens was so satisfying and I would love a few extra days to bask in that feeling.

22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    That's what I call confidence! :lolol:;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. steel_d_curtain

Dec 20, 2011
    Buffalo really sh!t the bed wet last night. Facts, if Pittsburgh wins Thursday with a Bangles loss to 49ers OR If Buffalo losses to Tampa Bay. We are in a wild card spot. Pretty good for a team who most say is done.

Pittsburgh 10-6-1 guaranteed but actually 11-5-1 is more realistic

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope the Steelers continue to play inspired football and give themselves and fans hope
    of making playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Because they just turned into Steeler Kryptonite by losing to Det. I think we'd do better if MN just beat a good team.