1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh Pirates 2021

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 15, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Broke my heart since he is the only reason I follow them at this point. That was very Piratety of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Well I just saw my beloved BUCS have made the major news networks twice in a month. First there was the missed tag-out and now the HR that wasn't.

I really need to get that license plate holder off my car and this tattoo sure the hell ain't helping matters.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't do it my friend. Try this instead - upload_2021-6-9_12-25-24.gif :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Update on the battling BUCS in there quest to have more wins then the PENS and Steelers.

Steelers + Pens = 49 total wins.

Pirates = 23

They may not get there until late August.

5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Congrats boys, your longest losing streak is seven and counting.

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Fixed it for you SM. Wonder if the losing streak and the 99 day Steeler countdown will cross paths somewhere down the line?

In the meantime, Pirates are offering 2 free tix as an incentive for new vaccine takers. Wonder what the penalty will be for the un-vaccinated - 4 tix? :facepalm:

https://triblive.com/sports/get-a-covid-19-shot-score-2-free-tickets-to-pirates-game/

UPDATED DAILY! :frustrated:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    After losing 10 straight we somehow are still better (record) then Balt. and AZ. Such an exciting suck race.

Now have to play the two best teams in the AL Central:(

Thankfully it's U.S. Open time!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Unfortunately the pattern of Pittsburgh sports continues - Pirates at .500 through April; Steelers 11-0 start and bowing out after 1 playoff game; Pens finally climbing into 1st place the last week of regular season only to fall on their face in the 1st round of playoffs. Groundhog Day continues. :facepalm:

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Only the first inning and Pirates have scored 5 runs so far. Highest single game output during the current 10 game losing streak. So we have that going for us. :drinks:

10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    And we had to hang on for dear life. Probably start another losing streak today.

Hayes is a future superstar in MLB. He won't be a Pirate as he already rejected an extension offer. Smart move kid!!!!!! He'll make a ton of money with a big spending team for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And they're talking about Frazier and RichRod being trade bate by mid-summer. Frazier and Josh Harrison have been my favorite Pirates over the past several years, love their scrappy play. Never forget those incredible pickles Josh was able to escape - a virtual Troy P in baseball cleats. :thumbs up:

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Must be a cold day in Hell - Pirates have a 2 game win streak. :bowdown:

• Like Like x 1
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    No way in hell they sweep them.

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Now look what you've done SM. And it was a shame too - Brubaker deserved much better - 3 hits, 2 runs almost 7 innings. The old adage that bad teams get blown out all the time isn't true - bad teams lose a load of close games and just don't find ways to hold or win them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hey Arizona is showing us up:)

16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    This organization makes me wince.

This Kraynak kid comes up and throws five perfect innings. The next day, they send him back down to the minors. Why? Because Shelton says he wants to carry an extra arm in the bullpen because of the offensive potential Coors Field presents. Kraynak may never be anything more than a footnote in Pirate history. But, a bullpen arm? What the hell? Aren't they supposed to be evaluating talent? They are going to lose well over 100 games and the manager is saying we sent a kid to the minors for some obscure reason in the interest of trying to win. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Got to love dem BUCS. Take 3 of 4 from the Cards then head out to Denver where the ball flies further and proceed to score 2 freaking runs in 3 games.

I really believe they rest are better players (all 2 of them) just so they won't hit their incentive clauses. Bob Nutbag you are a fcuking disgrace to the city of Pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Still suck and suck bad!!

Steelers = 12 wins
    Penguins = 37 wins

That's 49 wins from Pittsburgh's two other sport teams. As of this post the mighty BUCS have 32 wins. They are not going to reach the win total of the cities NHL team and NFL team until sometime in late August which should be unheard of in the sports world.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Too bad they don't reset the standings in MLB after the All Star game - Pirates would be in 1st place at 2-0. LOL. Awesome walk off last night with a Stallings Grand Salami after being down 6-0 into the bottom of the 8th. Biggest crowd of the year and they honored the 50 Year Anniversary of the 1971 World Champion team where Steve Blass was the last National League pitcher to toss a compete Game 7. Good stuff, probably very fleeting, but good for a few days as they enter the dog days of summer, their perennial nemesis. Always despised the Mets ever since the Darryl Strawberry days when they always pummeled the Bucs. I'll take thees last 3 wins vs the Metropolitans any week. :clapping:

https://www.mlb.com/news/pirates-honor-1971-world-series-championship-team

20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Dem battling BUCS have made history. First team to come back from 6 runs down the day before and then the next day lose after being up by 6 runs. That was very piratey of them which is their way.

21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    The crowd was big for the BUCS. They also had fireworks after the game which is amazing over the rivers. Looked to me that a lot of Met fans where in PNC. Being the BUCS they lose the next game after having a 6 run lead.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Very true. That's why I couched my comments by saying "Good stuff, probably very fleeting, but good for a few days". Few in this case meant 2 days or 3 if including their comeback the previous Sunday. But......winning 2 out of every 3 yields a > 100 win season in MLB, not a bad goal. But as we know even a perfect record after 12-13 weeks in the NFL can still yield very little in the long run. :facepalm:

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Bucs win 6 of 9 from 2 first place teams while losing 3 in a row to one of the worst team in modern baseball. And last night scored 6 earned runs off of MLB's ERA leading pitcher, his worst outing of the year. Very strange. I guess this is precisely what bad baseball teams are capable of. :shrug:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021 at 2:26 PM
  24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Through the 20+ year slump by the Pirates I have kept the faith, when they climbed out of mediocrity I had a glimmer of hope. Once again they are selling off good players for magic beans and I'm wavering. I really hope someone finds a way to buy the team and start investing in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    From all I read Nutbag is leaving his vast holdings to his daughters. I hope they sell the day after he passes.

• Agree Agree x 1