1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh Pirates 2021

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 15, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This is a thread only fans of all 3 Pittsburgh sport teams will understand.

Those battling Bucs are gearing up for yet another thrilling season. Due to lack of revenue from attendance, which we can pretty much guarantee, Mr. Nutting has dealt with this problem with resolve. He has assembled a Major League Baseball Team* that will have tremendous problems winning 2 games in a row. They will have trouble winning 2 games a week. This is a 100 loss team easy. They could be looking for their 50th win in Sept.

A given in MLB, you'll win 50 and lose 50 it's what you do with the other 62 that matter. Pirates will lose most.

That said, I'm taking a guess on how many games the Pirates will have to play to reach the Steelers win total. (12) I'm guessing 42 and that's kind. If the Penguins are able to win 40-45 games the NHL team plus the NFL team win totals could be more then the Pirates who play 162 games.

Beat em BUCS:good:

* No offense to the players, glad you are making major league money.

2. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Well at least they can win spring training games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    The magic is about to begin. Seriously doubt more then 2 people look at this thread but if you do feel free to put in your prediction of how the mighty BUCS will do.

63-99

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Worst owner in all of sports, Please sale the team to someone committed to winning.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I will take the over. 64-98.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I looked at their roster again. I don't think you will be partying like it's 2015 anytime soon. They have some decent young pitching and Nick Gonzales, but I don't see any other Al Oliver's or Al Martin's for that matter.

7. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Only bright spot might be Ke'Bryan Hayes at third base. I think he still has rookie status and could finish in the top 5 for ROTY. Problem is he will have little support.

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    April fools day is a fitting day for the Pirates to begin their quest to try and not lose 100 games.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    His 1st inning 2 run dinger was nice. Slim lead in 4th. :thumbs_up:

10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    BAM!!! Some great nasty pitches thrown in the ninth by our side and the Pittsburgh Pirates go into Chi-town and win opening day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now will that be one of many or one of few??

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    With 7 Buc's pitchers combining for a 2 hitter against the dreaded Cubs. Only recognized 3 of them by name. Good patience by the Buc's batters waiting out 11 walks (and a HBP). If the season ended today.....................:hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I have a great fear that we may never reach .500 again this season if we don't beat the Reds tonight. I liked our pitching so far but we have like zero power. Left a ton on base already in 3 games. Polanco could make me cry.

As I said before I can't see this team putting together any type of win streak. 4 in a row could be impossible and I'd venture to say putting 2 in a row together won't happen a lot this season.

13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Going out on a limb here and saying the mighty Bucs will not see .500 again this season:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    sigh.....................................................................

15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Can the BUCS win two in a row??? Masters Sunday and we'll give it a shot.

16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hold on to hats boys and girls the mighty Pittsburgh Pirates have won two in a row!!!! Giving up only 3 runs in 18 innings. Can they win 3 in a row??? Sure can't see it happening often but we deserve at least one little streak.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Looks like Evans is making a case for more playing time even after Hayes comes back. Always a nice problem for a Manager to have. Brubaker looks like a good pickup. And wouldn't you know it that Musgrove would toss a no-no for the Padres, first in that team's history. Good for him. Guess the Pirates pitching coaching wasn't as good as it was labeled when you consider Musgrove, Cole, Glasnow and Morton all pitching well for other teams. Oddly, the Buccos hammered Williams yesterday in his first appearance against them. Little trade victory there.

18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I was happy for Musgrove. A pitcher going 9 innings is a rare occasion these days in MLB, to do it with out giving up a hit is special for sure. San Diego hasn't much to brag about in sports (forget that long ago AFCCG):( so Musgrove will be celebrated. I would have loved to have some of the pitchers Uncle Bob just couldn't pay. Bucs win 3 out of 4 keeps me tuned in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Those battling BUCS are keeping it interesting. Doubt it last long but I sure do enjoy it.

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree. I guess splitting with SD, one of the hottest teams in MLB coming in wasn't bad. Looking like Mitch Keller is going to be another wunderkind underachieving pitcher for the Bucs who will later flee to another team and make it big under the right tutelage. Now off to the dreaded black hole known as Miller Park.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    At least the Bucs (so far) aren't the worst team in MLB or even the National League with 4 NL teams worse or even with them in winning %. I know they're not winning anything for probably forever but being competitive from time to time will be semi-rewarding to us 4 remaining fans. Will be different facing the "Braun-less" Brewfarts. Don't have the MLB DTV package this year so won't be able to gawk at Front-Row Amy at Miller Park. :cool:

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    She sure as hell captured my attention the year they made the Playoffs. Not sure she still attends with current situation.

I really thought we would have 2-3 wins if lucky at this point. Must admit I'm a tad bit excited. If you are interested, onlybucs.net is a board with Pirate fans in the know. Not set up half as good as this board.

• Like Like x 1
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Brubaker comes through again. Never even heard of most of the Bucs pitchers. The bullpen is holding their own right now, it's the starters that are imploding early when they lose. I was sorry to see Josh Bell go but he's struggling mightily with the Nats as is Tallion with the Yanks. Glasnow finally figured out control and is an AL leader in fewest walks/inning. The biggest disappointment to me was that Starling Marte never achieved for a whole season. He had all the tools of Clemente with more speed, size and power but way too many mental gaffes and a careless attitude quite often. I think Cutch achieved as good as he could on very bad teams with no batting protection around him for the most part. Oh well. If only it was the 70's again (for all Pgh sports).

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well SteelMachine - the improbable just happened earlier today - the Buccos are sitting (momentarily) in 3rd place with the Cards and Cubs both in the rear view mirror (LOL). Good to see them winning a little and especially on the road. Just fell behind 3-1 to the Tigers in the 2nd game of the DH, so this may all be short-lived. :thumbs up:

25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn, I wanted that DH. We could have been at .500. So far season is turning out way different then I expected.