1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pimp your guys

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, I get that but no one is running a 4.30 that really only runs a 4.50. There will be fluctuation but not glaring. That was my point.

Take Slater above, I don’t need an official time to see that man can haul ass for a behemoth.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok. Your talking about 1 guy. Most guys at that level can move compared 2 their positions. That's why they test them. 2 tenths is easy 2 shave off. Surfaces , who's running the clock , who's calibrated the time system, whole hell of alot of things can have a lot 2 do with it. If we are talking about one guy ok.
    When you get in2 all those players, schools and coaches...I dont trust it, and apparently a lot of GMs feel the same, but this is what they are left with.
    Why do you think they are trying 2 press a combine later??

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You are correct.

They do want to see that level of pressure a player can handle. That said, said pressure has to be organic and not manufactured. Sadly, that is what the NFL Combine does; artifical stress. Heck, players are already either stressed out or on severe levels of adrenaline by the time they land in Indy.

There is still immense pressure to perform well and confirm what the NFL Scouts saw in that player at their Pro Days nonetheless. Not only just athletic testing but also positional drill testing. That is just as stressful at the Pro Day as it is at the combine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We’re talking about two different things. As a fan, 2 tenths of a second doesn’t mean anything to me, a guy that runs 4.30 or 4.32 is freaking fast. Thats all that matters to me. I can see that making a difference to GM’s but I don’t care. Now if a receiver doctored his time in a major way, that would make a difference to me, I don’t think that happens though.

Slater was moving and I don’t think that is too common for his position but I could be wrong. I could see that just from him running that he is fast for a big man, I don’t need to know his time.

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Daniel Jeremiah said he thinks Javonte Williams to the Steelers at #24 would be a perfect fit.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok.
    Again I'm not , nor was ever talking about him.
    I was talking about it as a whole.
    If you had 4 ...let's say ...Dbs graded about the same film wise....it would be a problem going by their times , bench, and other things from 4 different schools..., surfaces, and other stuff I touched on. Having 2 do your whole draft board that way would be a nightmare.
    Again I'm not making this stuff up.
    It's out there. Everything I have mentioned can be found being discussed by Coach and GMs before.
    Also I believe this all started because I said I don't trust pro days , and I believe (not sure) was asked why. So I gave my answer. Nothing more , nothing less.
    We....as people don't have 2 agree about everything.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    why? you know a guy? :lolol::cool:

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Never mind :lolol:

I agree with you but you’re not following what I am trying to explain to you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe we are not following each other's point in a way. It's frustrating us both. LoL.
    Because I agreed with you on something's also.
    So I agree. Never Mind. :thumbs up:

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

A TE to consider in the mid rounds

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He can play Pitt couldn't cover him last year LOL plays with a mean streak that I like.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    noah gray, dylan soehner**, luke ferrell** are good blocking under used in college. have the ability just maybe not the numbers that jump out as receivers. doesn't mean they can't. ferrell is good at it just wasn't thrown to much. tough as nails though. :cool:

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Still like Lance despite the lack of experience and it’s because of throws like this, no one is defending that without committing PI. I hope the fear about his experience makes him drop.

• Like Like x 1
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Trey lance's pro day just insured that he doesn't escape the top 10

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The 17 games and 1 this year appears to be a real concern, I’ve seen him mocked all over. Top 10, late 1st, outside of the first rd.

I doubt he gets out of the first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I could see Carolina or Atlanta drafting Lance.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    If Najee is not there, this guy will work. He killed Pitt runs hard.
    Pitt has 3 defensive players playing in that game that will be drafted in the NFL.

• Like Like x 2
  19. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Lance will go top 5. He'll go before Justin Fields. Atlanta and Philly are the most likely, as they have qbs who can play for a year while Lance acclimates himself to the pros after a year off.

20. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Nick Martin a center is still out there. Maybe this is a guy the Steelers could sign for not a ton of money. He's a proven starter.

21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    That is fine with me, he can play. I like Najee better but think Najee will be gone.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hmm......

This is very intriguing.

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    sure seems like these two are looking at a lot of edge rushers. this kid, the one from oklahoma, the kid from pitt. these are early round guys too. something up with watt or highsmith? why would we draft this position so high? if not why are they wasting so much time looking at these guys? :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

I think if I'm GM and this kid's on the board I'm pulling the trigger.

Bud, Vince, and Hilton are gone. I think someone like this could help soften the blow

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't draft a tweener in the first round, Zaven Collins would be a better option.

• Agree Agree x 2