1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett said he had 10 minutes to get ready…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 3, 2022.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Please show me by providing links where KP said "I wasn't prepared." Better yet I'll make it easier, show me where he implied that he "wasn't prepared."
    Im anxiously awaiting.....

[​IMG]

2. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Exactly what I was wondering. I actually got piece of mind from his press conference. He seemed really professional, humble and I do get the feeling he can be a strong leader but more so just a straight competitor. I don't think the loss or the picks gets in his head at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How many first team reps do backup qb’s normally get? 11 minutes at half time and kp gets 10 minutes notice. Steeler fans up in arms

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    They were BOTH bad snaps...How TF is that paranoia...

The first was over his head , and he had to yank down, thru off all the timing...

The 2nd was bad also, the laces were the wrong way because he didn't have time...

This was already well documented...

What TF is your problem...

5. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    He better not be complaining. I'll bet Mason would be glad to only have 10 minutes warning before he's sent in to the game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    He wasn't

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Kennys job was to prepare and he did. What was also neede was practice and that is MIKEY job. Ten days to do it but it still does not get done,anyone ever see our coach couch?

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I meant your paranoia in thinking I was criticizing all of your posts. I was actually trying to take some responsibility for things getting unpleasant. Maybe that was a mistake.

Both were bad snaps, but the kicker didn't miss both. One was blocked.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Tomlin makes a lot of money. So I am assuming his couch is very nice. Probably an Italian leather.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I am not bothered by Pickett not getting reps in practice last week. I am sure the last thing Tomlin wanted to do was give off the impression that Mitch was on a short leash. I don't think the lack of reps effected Kenny. I am sure Canada had a package of plays for Kenny just in case. Kenny only threw 1 bad ball IMO. Unfortunately that 1 bad ball cost the Steelers the game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm not bothered by that fact either. I just don't think Tomlin had any plans to bring in Pickett and planned accordingly. It's just the theme of the game kind of forced Tomlin's hand. It's easy for us to look back in hindsight and say what should've been done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Exactly. If anything I will give Tomlin the credit for making the switch. I don't believe it is something he wanted to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    He’s got a gold watch, and his wife has a silk dress…?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I bet his tv is really big. Like 90 inch.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Any player worth their weight would have been prepared, when ever their name is called.
    They should prepare as if they were starting, and I am sure KP was. He is a worker, won't be
    from a lack of work put in by KP. he will do whatever he has to to win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The snap that was over his head and the laces facing the wrong way were all in the same kick that happened in overtime. The extra point kick at the end of regulation was on target but was slow and didn't have any zip on it

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The ball to Muth was a poor decision but he did get both hands on the ball. I’ll bet you that Muth would tell you he should have caught that. Nonetheless, Pickett should have thrown that away. But I disagree that that’s what cost the Steelers the game. It certainly contributed to the loss but what ultimately cost the Steelers the game was the inability to prevent the NY Jets led by Zach Wilson (aka Joe Willie Namath when going against the Steelers defense) to march the ball down their throats in the 4th quarter after Pickett had brought the team back and staked them to a double digit lead. Those brilliant defensive minds of Tomlin, Flores and Austin better get their crap together and figure out how to win a freaking game and get stops in critical situations without TJ Watt! :frustrated:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I disagree here. That was about as bad of a throw as a QB could make. Back foot, sideline to sideline, under pressure, late, into coverage. That ball had pick written all over it. Pat got his hands on it, but there was simply too many defenders in the vicinity for him to pull that in. IMO that throw absolutely cost them the game. They were in a situation where if you protect the ball, you win the game. Honestly if that throw doesn't happen we probably would have added 3 more points on that drive. I had the sense that the Steelers were in complete control of the game at that point. That INT changed everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it really didn't. If he throws that ball away, the Steelers are facing third-and-15 at the 36. They likely run one more play and attempt a long field goal. Even if they make it, there was still plenty of time for the Jets to drive the length of the field against a defense that was clearly collapsing late yet again. The defense still gave up a 65-yard touchdown drive. Did you see how little resistance they put up? Do you really think 10 more years and 20 fewer seconds would have gotten them a stop? Remember, it wasn't like the Jets were in a hurry by the end of the drive. They were actually wasting time by the end of it.

The interception was certainly a factor, but it is ridiculous to put the entire game on that one play, especially the way the defense fell apart despite the offense having a significant time of possession advantage going into that final drive. They didn't have the fatigue excuse that time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    The momentum changed after that play. I am not absolving the defense entirely. But even if we go 3 and out / punt there, I like the defenses chances better coming off a 3 and out than I do a momentum changing pick.

• Like Like x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Oooh! I'll bet it's a sectional!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think we only win with a TD on that drive. The jets were scoring a TD. No doubt in my mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Jets already had momentum from scoring a touchdown on the previous drive. The Steelers were not in control of the game there. What little momentum they might have had, Pickett and Pickens got for them with that 26-yard connection two plays earlier.

24. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if they go 3 and out on that drive, they take more time off the clock. The jets realistically could have had at least a minute less

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, that really isn't realistic. Unless the Steelers convert a third-and-15 or the Jets inexplicably fail to use a time-out after a play that comes up short, a fair estimate would have been about 30 seconds.

The interception happened with 3:34 remaining. Say Pickett throws that ball away to bring up third-and-15 and stop the clock. Either a run or a short completion takes maybe 10 seconds off the clock before the Jets use the first of their three time-outs. Assume time for the field goal. Assume Boswell makes it. With that and kickoff, maybe they get the clock down to three minutes remaining, but there is probably more than that. That was plenty of time given the sieve that was the Steelers defense in the fourth quarter, especially with the Jets still having at least two time-outs.