1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett is Steelers Digest Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 29, 2022.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who the **** said he’s the messiah? You didn’t even watch the game. Get real man.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Are you going to be post police everytime someone says something you don't like?

You should change your name to SteelerKaren at this point. Pfft.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'm seeing Canada here again next year!!!!! I'm telling you it's going to happen.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh, look mama’s boy showed up to join in on the conversation.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I certainly hope not but can definitely see that happening.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he's a clown

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    that would suck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    While I don't necessarily disagree with some of your points, Pickett running when the pocket collapses isn't what I'm referring to. I'm talking about designed runs called for the quarterback. His number was called several times in the game last night, with mixed results. As long a he's not taking unnecessary punishment, I like the play calling.

As far as flushing the pocket, I feel like Pickett is doing a better job of keeping his eyes downfield while scrambling. He missed an open Pickens last night while breaking the pocket but as long as he keeps looking to make plays downfield, I'm fine with him running.

10. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I love the criticism of 2 or three bad throws and maybe he'll develop out of that. Watch any game with any QB, and there are lots of missed throws, low throws in the dirt, high throws, INTs, bad decisions. It's a tough game with lots of variables, and sometimes things go awry with even the best of them. Give him a good game plan and well-designed plays, and he'll be right up there with the best (I hope).

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Right. Provided he doesn't take unnecessary punishment, I'm ok with the occasional qb keeper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    ..and what kind of team are we? Lol

13. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I loved this twitter comment about the Pickett pass to Pickens, who has incredible body control on catch by sidelines..."Death, taxes and “what a catch” being said about a George Pickens catch."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Absolutely. Its incredible how every pass is getting scrutinized.
    Who cares though because Tomlin knows he is their QB .
    Another WR wouldn't hurt either, basically we are down 2 for this season now, Claypool and Austin.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Wondering on how well the WRs are helping KP out during those scrambles. How well is KP's vision when looking down field and is he just fixating on the player he is supposed to throw to hoping he gets open? Someone may know this, I don't. Just wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Canada has been calling better games lately but still has a few head scratching moments at critical times during a game. I really wish he would attack the middle of the field some. Seems like everything is sideline to sideline.

• Like Like x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is a 1st disagree for You from Me. LoL

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't know this on every time He's scrambling, but I did notice twice last week He looked at multiple Guys when scrambling, and once this week I noticed the same.
    Again....I don't know about every single time.

19. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Hold up! You don't like to see any designed quarterback runs? At all?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Kenny hate is unbelievable to me. We’ve got a minimum half decade invested in this guy so we’d better hope like crazy he develops into our next quality starting quarterback.

And for you guys who love to throw out stats consider this:

How many INTs were not Kenny’s fault (I.e. ball bounced off the receivers hands, receiver tripped and fell, receiver ran the wrong route or failed to come back to the ball)? I can think of several situations where these things occurred leading to several of these picks and I didn’t even include the Hail Mary pick at the end of the half against the Jets.

How many balls have been dropped which could have resulted in big plays, including multiple opportunities for TDs where the receiver dropped the ball or failed to get his feet down in bounds? This has happened A LOT with Kenny.

I’m not absolving Kenny of all blame as he’s made his share of rookie mistakes. But he does seem to be learning from his mistakes and getting better game by game. That’s VERY good news.

It’s not all about the stats with Kenny. There’s a story behind those stats and fact is if the receivers had done their part, his stat line would be looking much better. I don’t recall a season where we’ve seen sloppier receiver play which is unfortunate when you’re breaking in a rookie quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 5
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yea Canada should be extended immediately :roflmao:

22. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Congrats to KP and so happy to see the progress. I was as other questioning things for a minute there. But I like the improvement week to week so far. In my dreams would love 300 yards and 3 tds, but I'm good with the past couple of weeks and the progress.

I ain't got nothing but time anyway so just hope progress continues and gets better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Only at the goal line/red zone, and a Qb sneak for a 1st. That's all.....Period... I don't mind escaping, but I hate Qb designed runs....Hell hate is way way way too kind a word.
    Hey lets.....
    1. Put our Qbs future in even worse jeopardy, and make Him get hit more than He already will. NO!!!!!
    2. Let's put Him where the rules don't even try, and protect Him...so no flags on a hard hit.
    3. Let's retard His passing game so everytime He's in any trouble, or tough spot that His 1st thought....run.
    NO...NO...NO!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  24. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    You're wrong, I'm right. Let's just move on, shall we?:cool::drinks:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ben never sniffed that his first couple of years. He muscled his way thru, scrambled, fought, threw hail mary's - scraped by....

Pickett will be fine, competitive, maybe get to an AFCCG or 2, or SB, IF this organization gets him the right talent and LEADERSHIP around him. that is a BIG IF with Rooney still at the top