1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pick up Haskins?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Jus when I thought this team couldn’t get more unlikable.

• Like Like x 3
  2. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Have Tomlin and Colbert got it right at QB yet? There is a lot of talent on this team and they are p***y footing around at the key spot. Go after a franchise QB for crying out loud. Watson would be a key piece to this puzzle. But hey, at least they have a winning record....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I live in Baltimore/Washington area. I watched him a lot the past 2 years.

He looked lost when he was starting earlier this year, hence why he got benched. He has trouble surveying the field, and makes bad reads. He does have a great arm, and he is mobile enough to make him hard to bring down. He did look slightly better his rookie year?

When you see him in interviews he seems like a good kid. I don't know, maybe he is salvageable? But from what I saw this past year, I'm not really sure? He was awesome in college, but he also threw to wide open receivers in college. Who knows if he can make that jump?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  4. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    It shows the Steelers are running an undisciplined, lackluster program. Urban Meyer even told people that Haskins had maturity issues before he was even drafted. At the QB position, you will not be worth spit if you arent already mature and putting in the work even as a rookie. Its a stupid move, being done by stupid decisions.

5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, sure, but beyond all that though, really solid signing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I agree with everyone who is saying low risk, high reward possibility but most of all this convinces me even more that Ben Roethlisberger is coming back next season. I pretty much already believed that but this really solidifies that thought to another level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am having flashbacks to signing Paxton Lynch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Like Paxton Lynch?

9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I really like DeShaun Watson, player and man. But, I'm with you. By the time the team puts enough talent around him to make a serious push at a Lombardi, he's already 30 with God knows what kind of injury history. One thing for certain is that someone will pay that price for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Haskins has to have had a come to Jesus moment for him to make any kind of an impact here because this team is devoid of leaders. I think it lacks the basic structure for him to adopt pro habits and practices. If it did, we wouldn't be talking about certain past and present Steelers acting like morons seemingly without punishment.

11. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And Houston hasn't even said Watson is available for trade, other teams are better trade options than Pittsburgh, because they have more draft picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    "So it's the quarterback's fault?" former Ohio State coach Urban Meyer told Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks on the "Move the Sticks" podcast. "Nevermind the fact that their coach got fired, the place is a mess, there's this going on, there's this going on, this going on. A lot of stuff I heard from behind the scenes -- cause, once again I have several players there -- yet it's Dwayne's fault."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...d-need-to-surround-qb-with-elite-culture/amp/

All I've heard Urban Mayer say is Haskins needs a good culture and good players around him in order to reach his potential.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Skins had a good culture. Rivera was a beacon of light. Alex Smiff is gonna be comeback player of the year. Snyder was hiding in a closet all year because he got bent over my his people around him. Culture was fine. Haskins just values skanks and sewage over football.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Lol okay

18. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
  19. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I hear ya, the kid is young and young folks do stupid chit, I know I did. Some of the current Steelers made errors when they young in their careers but corrected. Let's see where this thing goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't see a downside to this signing. Had the Steelers done what the WFT did and drafted him in the first round, that's another story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    That so called good culture wasn't winning any games either, was it? C'mon man!

• Like Like x 2
  22. TimesUp

TimesUp Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Haskins is probably a choir boy compared to the things Ben has done. Stormy Daniels is terrified of Big Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm genuinely shocked that every team doesn't do this. Along the same lines, why don't they just draft future HOFers in every round? Such a lack of foresight from Colbert.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh boy, It sounds like this young man needs a serious attitude adjustment,
    and his football skills are not sound. I guess the Steelers will take a flyer on him and
    see if Canada can right this ship?

25. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Low risk, high reward whats the issue? Can his flaws be corrected? Maybe. The kid has the arm and accuracy so what are we talking about? Footwork, pre snap reads, off the field stuff?

Have some of us forgotten that Ben had and continued to have poor footwork, learned to read defenses (remember the picks he threw on those out routes his 1st 3 years, and if there was a QB who was LESS than the model citizen early on and even later in his career within the locker room it was Ben. Not saying Haskins can develop into #7 just showing the hypocrisy.

Low risk, high reward. Let the Jets give up 5 draft picks for Watson and then we can take Sam Darnold too when they cut him.