1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots fan coming in peace -- you guys were absolutely right (Brown)!

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by Simpelton, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Wow, AB is a total idiot isn't he? Got a beaut of a last chance deal with one of the best organizations in major professional sports and he blew it because he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

We should have seen it coming. Just like you don't date crazy -- in football, you don't sign crazy.

But I'd have never imagined it would end THAT fast. He behaved himself for what, a week? Less?

Anyway -- at least we got rid of him before he could do any real damage. How the heck did you guys survive with that nutcase on your roster all those years?

BTW excited to see what Mason Rudolph can do for you guys. I think your roster is still very strong and if your QB can right the ship offensively you still have a fighting chance at the playoffs. Good luck guys!

• Like Like x 1
  2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Thanks now leave

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This is becoming a trend.

6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The OP was very polite, and this forum is titled "Football Talk with Other Fans" for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Honestly if you prosecute for that, you set precedent for half the owners in the NFL to be behind bars. Also Kraft has tons of prestige and billions of dollars to fight with, not too surprised those Florida prosecutors decided not to waste taxpayer dollars on a losing fight.

Anywho, I'm not here to rehash that nonsense. I'm just here to say my mea culpas. You guys were absolutely right about Brown. We had images of a new Randy Moss dancing in our heads but the guy is just... really broken. How the heck did you deal with him on the roster for so long?

Also good luck with the Mason Rudolph era! Kid looks very, very talented. We Pats fans are one bad second from a similar situation with Jarret Stidham so we'll be watching closely to see what the new kid can do.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    It's cool. I'm a rival fan, I know how it is.

• Like Like x 4
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Dude welcome aboard. We should not stoop as low as bengals fans and you weren’t being an ass so I don’t see any wrong of you posting here in this side.

As for mason we are cautiously optimistic and as for us tolerating brown I’m not sure if he was a nutjob in the beginning lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

I spend a lot of time on several other boards..I am not into smack talk....Just talk football.....You are more than welcome here as far as I am concerned.

You just have to admit BRADY IS A CHEATER LOL:dancing:

HACK

Seriously..as far as I am concerned..I hope you stay awhile

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah for reals I like having chats with rival fans who aren’t like “Steelers suck” every other sentence

12. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    BRADY IS A CHEATER!

21rreu.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  13. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Id be ok with football talk with 30 other fan bases. Not that one.. U can leave too

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I'll get right on that newb. :rolleyes:

15. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    We're both "well known members".. Not sure how I'm a newb :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    I'd admit it about Belichick before Brady. Belichick is well known for ignoring the rules if he thinks they're stupid or arbitrary. He's well known for pushing the lines and inventing wrinkles that are technically legal but not int he spirit of the rules. At the very least we all know he's guilty of what us gamers call "cheesing" where you exploit technicalities to get an edge, whichis considered cheating depending on who you ask. The collection of "Belichick rules" where the league had to do damage control in the interests of its own integrity after Belichick's latest life hack is fairly extensive. And he actually got caught in a violation of the videotaping rules.

Brady on the other hand... even if you buy that nonsense from a few years back, you'd be hard pressed to prove Brady had any personal involvement. Most of Deflategate was based on total hearsay, and most of that came from a franchise (the Colts) with a vested interest in sticking it to the guy.

So yeah, Belichick's up for argument, but I'll maintain Brady's innocence to my deathbed at least on the basis of "innocent until proven guilty!"

17. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Ha...well I was not even expecting that much....Good for you.

As per Brady...the one thing I will say that seemed to point to his guilt in the whole thing. Referring to the equipment manager as "The Deflator" is not good....Then destroying your phone that the NFL has requested .....while not an admission of guilt...is a pretty big red flag.

Take one step forward if you think you can destroy a cell phone or tablet in an ongoing investigation without getting in any trouble for it.......Right this way Mr.s Clinton. HAHA

WELCOME ABOARD SIMPELTON

HACK

Oh...almost forgot...I argued the Brady argument for years....and I felt I had the ammunition to back it up. But I gave in 3 Super Bowls ago. In a league that basis its greatness on rings...you can't even argue any more IMO...Brady is the GOAT....he has 6 rings and counting....and has been in 50% of the SB's since he entered the league. 18 years....6-3 in Super Bowls.....and he is not done yet.

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Here's a question for you I can never get a straight answer from Patriots fans. They always argue the semantics of Spygate. Everybody was doing it. It was a matter of recording from here and there. I'll give you all that. If it wasn't important to their success then how come years after the fact McDaniels was caught doing it/fired as the HC of the Broncos? First off, Spygate should have been the final warning and he should be banned from the league. Secondly, if the Patriots are claiming innocence why would they welcome back a now known cheater? It was now clear nobody should be doing it anymore and years after the fact he was still doing it.

19. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    The copout answer is that you'd have to ask a Broncos fan that.

The smug answer is that McD would have gotten away with it too if it won football games.

The real answer is that every team in the league gathers whatever intelligence it thinks it can get away with gathering to maximize its advantage. Sometimes they're wrong about what they can get away with. Belichick was wrong in Spygate.

But there's some kind of espionage chicanery exposed every few years for one team or another. Everyone pushes the envelope as far as they think they can get away with. It's only the Patriots' reputation, obviously along with the legendary effectiveness of Brady and Belichick, that keeps the focus on them.

The only reason Spygate was punished as hard as it was was because Belichick had already been warned about exactly this thing, and ignored the warning. Everyone was warned only a few weeks before Spygate came to light. Belichick had also been specifically called out by the league for this particular issue in the past. He ignored both warnings. An example had to be made.

This wasn't a spying issue. This was a "Belichick was making a mockery of the NFL" issue.

Which is why this got punished and infractions no less trivial than the real details of Spygate are let go or swept under the rug.

If he hadn't been thumbing his nose at the league this would have been yet another "oh hey, some coach or front office moron screwed up and got his wrist slapped" nonstory.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ok but you didn't answer the question at hand. You talked about Spygate. I've already given you the benefit of the doubt. But once the Patriots got caught and punished it was obvious nobody do it anymore. Why was McDaniels still doing it? Why did the Patriots welcome back a now known Cheater with open arms? Why is he still in the league? He should be banned for life.

21. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    I gave you my answer. EVERYONE does this. The Steelers certainly do. McD was just dumb enough to do it blatantly, and repeated his mentor's mistake while he still had that Patriots smell lingering on his clothes.

I'm not sure what you want to hear. If we threw everyone out of the league for infractions of league rules there wouldn't be many coaches left. For Pete's sake Gregg Williams is still rattling around the league. If Mr. Bountygate himself is still here, why focus on McDaniels?

22. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Besides, on the "list of reasons Josh McDaniels is not a nice person," wouldn't you say stiffing the Colts after sitting down and having a handshake agreement to be their head coach is worse than the recording stuff? Because as a Patriots fan.... that wasn't my favorite day.

23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Do you make the rules now?

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You are right, every team tries to get an advantage and do their own video taping. But not every team goes into another teams practice and tapes it, that's pretty low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So you are saying teams still did it after the Patriots got caught and punished for Spygate? I don't think so.