1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Meyer is the new OL coach

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by YinzerBuckeye, Feb 15, 2022.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    At least they tried to change something by dumping McCarthy. They've come closer in the past couple seasons than we have.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not impressed, they have the best home field advantage in the league, but have only been to one Super Bowl with Rodgers.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's another one of those absolute statements you should probably avoid. Your looking at the before and end and guessing about the middle. Did the minority owners want Tomlin gone? It was reported they did. Did Rooney retain Tomlin? Yep he did. What went on between Rooney and his family and the minority owners we can only guess at. Sitting here going he didn't listen to them and they have no power is a recipe for disaster.

In doing a bit of research on this yesterday the number 1 thing the minority owners bring to the table is available cash. It allowed the team to do certain things. I'd imagine if they feel slighted they will cash out and we can kiss any moves the next few seasons goodbye.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Minority owners are mostly money men, they aren't there to make major decisions, if they don't like the arrangement they can always sell their share of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He may have listened to the other owners. Keep in mind just because he personally owns 30% isn’t the factor. 3-4 other family members hold stakes. As a group, they are the majority. Anyone who bought a minority stake, 1-2% did it as an investment.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Make up your mind

Oh never mind

• Like Like x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's true and what I'm trying to get across is that even though they are minority owners and probably don't take an interest in the day to day operation, if Art suddenly has to come up with cash for them it will be a blow to the team. The info I was looking at had the franchise value at over a billion but listed Art's estimated wealth at 500 million. That's kinda scary to think he has paid Ben a quarter or more of his net worth over the length of his career.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Think about what Art senior paid over the years comparatively?

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    And when the Steelers only come close it will be more of the same from the usual suspects

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    and why shouldn't it? horseshoes and hand grenades. :cool:

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    The point which you clearly missed is steeler fans applauding the packers for “coming close”. Those very same fans will ***** and moan if we just come close.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    and yes i got the point, why shouldn't those fans ***** and moan if we only come close? the goal is to win it. there is no trophy for close. if you can't get over the hump, change something. fans are allowed to ***** the last time i checked. that's what we do unless we win it and then we gloat. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    doesn’t it get old bitching about everything all the time? Making things up to ***** about?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you consider it bitching and i consider it discussing the state of the team. that is why we have this forum. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    After looking at the video above, it will be good to have an experienced teacher-scouter...that has been missing.

16. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Why are the Steelers bargain bin shopping for coaches?
    I don’t get it.

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Are you new to this franchise? Lol.

Although in fairness, offensive line coaches aren't probably as plentiful as we may think.

• Like Like x 1
  18. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yep be happy you have a football team to watch and a TV to watch football on. Never want your team to do better and try to win championships just be glad your team plays hard every Sunday even if they don’t win that’s good enough. Be happy you saw 6 Super Bowls in your life and don’t expect to ever win another one even though kids who like football and are diehard fans that are 12-14 years old right now like I was when I was younger and have never seen the Steelers win a Super Bowl. And thank the man upstairs on occasion that they aren’t named the Detroit Lions or the Cleveland Browns. Glad I didn’t think like that then In the 90’s when I was a teenager and never saw the 4 Super Bowl wins of the 70’s. Guess I should have just said “gee golly” guess since the teams of the 70’s won 4 and I never saw any of them I guess that’s good enough so quit bitching and wanting to see your team win another Super Bowl.

That’s what this guys logic is pretty much. Shut up quit complaining, accept things as the way they are even if change is needed to be better, and Que Sera Sera. That’s what he wants out of you and everybody on here.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner

• Disagree Disagree x 1