1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On to Thursday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 19, 2022.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    If the Steelers are down in this game let’s say by 7-10 points in the 3rd quarter and Trubisky and this offense still looks exactly the same and nothing has improved then at that point you might have to go to Pickett to get a spark and change it up. You can’t just leave Trubisky in and hope things will get better and improve because they most likely won’t. The Steelers as I mentioned in another thread have to win these next 2 games at Cleveland and at home against the Jets the following week.

If you can get to 3-1 and more importantly 2-0 in the division on the road and most likely in 1st place going into the Buffalo,Tampa,Miami, and Philly stretch the next 4 games you are gonna feel a lot better then being 2-2 god forbid 1-3.

At this rate the way this offense is playing and with Trubisky playing QB unless things drastically improve or unless they go to Kenny Pickett and the offense finds itself I don’t see how they win any of those games against the Bills,Bucs, Dolphins, and Eagles. If Tomlin thinks they can beat those teams the way they are playing now which is scared on offense and hoping the D can win you the games he is gonna he in for a rude awakening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Steelers aside, is everything alright on your end brother?

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It may be, the highest pt spread in nfl history. And, if we don't make some changes, they may just might cover it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Thus far outside of sports?! Bit of a see saw to he honest with you. Within sports?!?!... ugh. Losing TJ Watt was bad. I definitely will have to take a leave if Mink does go down.

Just.... oof..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't think it makes a difference one way or another. JMO>

6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't think Pickett is the answer. The schoolbook solution to what our issues are were in the last two drafts. Throwing Pickett to the wolves is replicating the Cleveland MO of all the failures that played QB for them over the past two decades. I don't want this kid to fail so early in his career. QB is just one of many issues facing us right now. Not sure if anyone can stop the arguing in the huddle and on the sidelines right now. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    So you just let Trubisky continue to stink and play the way he is now with no chance of improving the offense. You can’t be afraid to go to Kenny Pickett because you’re afraid he might fail too soon. You picked the guy 20th overall and he has been with the team now going on 5-6 months. He is ready to play if called upon and he should be called upon here very soon if things don’t get better real soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    F sports, when it comes to your own well being.
    Go easy on the spirits brother, especially the 1800.:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We can`t win with the offense we just saw on Sunday, so I`m guessing the OC is going to try something different, which could backfire. If so, we may see Mitch implode and the perfect time to name Pickett starter with 10 days to prepare.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That makes Me sad to think about it.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

Was being facetious about the Minkah aspect but have been dabbing in the spirits more so than in years past.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    With our O-line it will be, "slim Pickens for Pickett"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Our OL is not really that bad.....matter of fact....so far they are getting better each game. Let's hope that keeps up.:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    You didn't tag me so I never want to see you again. Consider this a break up text and I want the damn ring back.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Most on here want to throw Pickett to the lions. (not Detroit) I don't understand that reasoning. We are not going to win the Super Bowl this season. This is a great year to ease our future QB into the system and the NFL. IMO Trub is no better then Mason. Not one poster on here seems to want to see Mason get a shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not true.
    Let Me ask You a question.....
    Some say.... have patience, but if not 2 have patience for a rookie.....why would We have patience for a 6th year starter with 59 games under His belt???
    That's why the Mason hate made Me laugh....We know what Mason is after 10 starts, but We don't know what Trubisky is after 59 games. LoL .
    I'm not saying Go to Mason....I'm saying Go to Pickett, but if anyone thinks Mason wouldn't have went deep a few times in both those games....well ....I don't know what to tell You.

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Double digit underdog

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think our line Sunday was head and shoulders better than how they looked in the preseason. I was fearing for QBs’ lives heading into the season. They’re gelling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Titans were just -11 point underdogs to the Bills on MNF, and got smoked, the Steelers will probably be a -13 point underdog.

• Like Like x 1
  21. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The O Line has actually been decent so far. Which makes this puke of an offense even that much worse.

22. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Yeah,in the playoffs game vs KC last year,the steelers were -13 points underdog.I think it will be very similar if the offensive struggle continue for 2 more game!

• Like Like x 1
  23. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So, I did some research. And, the Steelers, have a record ... that I don't think most fans are aware of. We are the only team, in modern day history, to cover a spread ... of 20+ points.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Run heavy? After seeing the 4th quarter against the Cheats you can take that to Vegas.
    They have the best one/two punch in the NFL unfortunately.
    They best not play games with the D Line and have them in their natural positions.
    Could be a LONG night if they eat up clock snap after snap and gas the D.
    Canadas stupid game plans could really be the catalyst for a loss.

• Agree Agree x 1