1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason Moves/Free agent signings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 15, 2023.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If he signs with the Steelers he's going to be a backup, I doubt any team is going to give him a starting job after his last two seasons in Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK Mister they brought back Tua too fast ...You complained about it all year. Shall I bring up all the post??? Yet Tua was never knocked out....Yet You.....You complained about how wrong He was done.....Yet Mason gets knocked out....pointing to the sky....they have to take His face mask off, and He plays the next game, but He wasn't brought back too fast...LoL....funny how Your condescending self changes by the player. So in Your mind it wasn't too fast because He played???? If so .....I don't want to see one more of Your holier-than-thou attitude about concussions on here. Because from what You are saying....it only matters if it's certain players

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You got that wrong on so many levels. Let's start with the simplest thing. Mason Rudolph did not play the week after his concussion against the Ravens. Duck Hodges started the next week. That was the prime time victory over the Chargers. Rudolph suffered his concussion Oct. 6 against the Ravens. There was no attempt by the Steelers to treat it as anything but a concussion. He was put through the protocols and medically cleared to return Oct. 28 against the Dolphins, which was 22 days after the injury. The recommended minimum time away from playing is seven-to-14 days. I don't love it, but it is not even remotely the same situation as Tagovailoa.

Since you don't seem to have a grasp of the facts here, I will help you out. TTagovailoa suffered what was clearly a concussion Sept. 25, 2022 against the Bills. The Dolphins dispersed some ridiculous story about it being a back injury, then allowed him to play only four days later in a Thursday night game against the Bengals. Predictably, when he took a hit in that game, he suffered a second brain injury. Allowing a player to take the field four days after suffering a concussion is lawsuit-worthy negligence. I expressed some concern when he returned Oct. 23, but at least they had him sit out two games first. My issue was with him taking the field four days after the concussion and with the Dolphins refusing to treat it like a brain injury.

You do understand the difference between four days and 22 days, right?

None of this supports your false claim that I lied about Rudolph being benched for Hodges later that season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i'd like to see Benny back.....at the right price. Very good ST player and serviceable relief RB.

No need to draft another guy there, bring Benny back

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Very good ST player...Yes...
    Serviceable backup? Idk,not a fan..Not much juice there

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....don't twist Yourself so hard. So Read Your last 4 comments You have post to Me.. ....You are lying about something, because they all don't add up. Must be sad to hate being so wrong You lie. 2 be right.
    Also ....So You know more than Doctors at Miami. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Some players don't like the system and think they can do better to where they can make more. Which is hard to believe because Pittsburgh is known for defense.

Also some players do let it get to them on what fans say.

I find it confusing why he was slammed so much as a bust. He was a second/third. And I don't care where someone got picked. We've all seen players who get crazy late and they're a top ten pick.

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: I've got you and you know it, but instead of showing some integrity by admitting your errors and apologizing for your false accusation, you are doubling down with some vague bull****. I get why you are avoiding a specific accusation of what I'm supposed to be lying about now. Every time you make a specific accusation, I prove you wrong.

Let's recap. You claimed I was lying about Rudolph being benched for poor performance in 2019. Perhaps you simply forgot that of the three times he was taken out of the lineup, only two were due to injury. He started five games after the concussion, then was benched nearly two months after the hit that gave it to him. You and I may interpret that situation differently, but there is no lie there.

Then compared Rudolph's situation in 2019 to Tagovailoa's this past season. Part of that post included your claim that the Steelers started Rudolph the week after he was knocked out by the hit against the Ravens, which is not correct. Rudolph did not play the next game. Hodges did. That was the prime-time game in which the Steelers beat the Chargers, probably the highlight of Duck's career. In fact, Rudolph did not play until 22 days after he suffered the concussion and it was nearly two months later that they benched him for playing poorly. He was awful in the loss to the Browns, the one in which Garrett hit him with his own helmet, then sucked badly enough against the Bengals the following week that they replaced him with Hodges.

By the way, no, I don't know more than medical professionals. I do know that players or teams often pressure medical professionals into allowing these guys to play. It wasn't that hard to spot his concussion against the Bills. His head slammed against the turf and staggered when trying to walk off the field.

Seriously, any time you'd like to admit you messed up and apologize, I'm happy to listen. Hell, I'd settle for you having the integrity to admit your factual error regarding how the team handled Rudolph's concussion in 2019.

For those who missed it, here is the post.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RudoMa00/gamelog/2019/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I love a good internet fight!!!!!

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    At this point, I’m not worried about missing out on Wagner, we will probably draft someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    For the love of all that is f**king holy, will one of you just say the simple phrase "we agree to disagree"?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Much of this is not a matter of opinion. It is a fact that Rudolph did not play the week after he suffered the concussion against the Ravens in 2019. He falsely claimed otherwise.

It is a fact that Mason Rudolph was benched for Duck Hodges during the win over the Bengals in November that season, and he remained on the bench the next couple of games. He falsely claimed that I was lying when I wrote that Rudolph was benched for Hodges that year.

He is entitled to his own opinions, but facts are facts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Its the same dude in the middle of all the arguments on this board. He is very annoying and thinks his opinion is somehow above others.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    How’s school

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not a scholar on the Bible but I’m not thinking that is a direct quote

Must be the Old Testament

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it ain't

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sure you would just quietly slink away if someone falsely accused you of lying and clearly had their facts wrong while doing it. :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I wasn't talking about you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He was slammed because it does matter that the Steelers wasted a first-round pick on a below-average player. He got a little better over time. He still isn't good in coverage. He still rarely makes big plays. He still takes poor angles in pursuit. He doesn't blow assignments as often as he did earlier in his career, but that's a low bar.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm wondering why FootballPlagiarist disagreed with this post. Maybe he wants to be able to make up his own facts.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    What did I miss? :popcorn:

23. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    why not take your argument private? Then you can convince each other of your position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I was publicly accused of lying. I'm going to publicly refute that and point out his factual errors, such as the false claim that the Steelers played Mason Rudolph one week after he suffered a concussion in 2019. That didn't happen. Rudolph missed the next game and there was a bye week before they played again. He returned to the lineup 22 days later. That is relevant to the team.

Why don't you just scroll by the posts that don't interest you?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    My feeling is who cares who is right at this point. You guys are splitting hairs over some really trivial stuff that nobody really cares about at this point. Even if you are the one that is right at this point your zealousness of trying to be proven right and the way you go about it paints you in a undesirable light. I mean look at the situation? You should ask yourself the question why do I have a need to be so right and prove somebody else wrong on a Steelers Chat Board? Why does it matter so much?

• Agree Agree x 1