1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs. Cheatriots Game Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    DJ is not high priced.

2. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Enjoy the evening, nothing beats Sunday football W or L.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Cowboys already have 4 sacks on cincy. Bengals likely just are terrible too meaning we all just suck lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It feels like they’re still calling plays for Ben in his noodle arm stage.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Odd game.

Yes the offense sucks and needs an identity. That identity goes through Kenny Pickett.

But… the Pats offense didn’t look a whole lot better. The winning TD was a gift from Gunner.

The defense seems to be want to only rush 3 or 4. That works with Watt but not without.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Salary cap leagues are suppose to have parity. Right now the NFL has the true meaning of any given Sunday. It is entertaining and probably the sport where the word, "if" is used the most. Vegas will be giving out huge bonuses to it's bookies at season end.

Some of Vegas had the Pats -3. Vegas knows:)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I think their O has more than 2 tds though. There is an issue here and only film will tell if it's bad concepts or bad reads.
    Unless someone saw one way or another.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The offense was terrible again.

The Patriots held like crazy all game on offense. They also had their tackles moving early until the officials finally called it once. That was part of the lack of pass rush, but just about everybody but Highsmith was invisible. Their offense isn't good, so holding them to 17 points isn't all that impressive. Both New England touchdowns were gifts. Witherspoon needs to at least knock the ball away on that touchdown before the half. Olszewski handed them another score with the muffed punt. Sutton dropped an easy interception. Those things can't happen if the Steelers are going to win games this year, not with that disgrace of an offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Correct, it happened a few times over the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TN Vol Steelers Fan

TN Vol Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2020

My only hope is the coaches think Pickett has more arm strength and can make the throws down field.

If that isn’t the case, then the outcome will be the same. Who knows what Tomlin is thinking.

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My post game analysis and question:

Game changing plays are the missed INT and muffed punt. Make that two missed INT. The easy one that was dropped (I think by Sutton) and the TD throw requiring only a small jump while having position. I can understand the latter. Maybe he saw too late or was not in position to jump.

Muffed punt = extremely short field and easy TD giveaway. HUGE. So was easy to catch pick Sutton dropped.

So really, even without Watt the defense played good enough for us to win against weak offensive team like the Pats.

Bottom line is you have to score at least 20 points on offense to have a chance to win unless the defense scores, even with a good defense. Two weeks in a row our offense scores only about one TD and two FG`s in regulation. I put loss squarely on the offense.

Major question; Why oh why when you saw the up-tempo offense work for ONE series did you not stick with it the rest of the way Tomlin? Went right back to the garbage prevent offense played the whole game before. Why? Why not tell the OC to stick with it?

I want Pickett. Short week to rest so excuse available to rest Mitch after an OT game then this last underwhelming performance where he looked tired and unfocused.

12. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    How in the heck did we lose to the horrid Pats? I didn’t see the game but they are nothing to talk about but I guess neither are we. I think Mitch needs to GO 168yds 1TD and 1INT not good and he wasn’t good last week. We absolutely should of lost last week. Start the new kid Pickett.

13. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Steelers have not won in years. Last 5 years the Steelers are 51-27-2. I get what you are saying though, they have not done crap come Playoff time but ask any fan if they'd be happy with a 5 year regular season record like that and most would love it. Then ask them about the Playoff record and they'd cry like me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Steelers have been a winning team for quite a while, as they should have been with a HoF qb, and a number of top tier players. But why not great? Not being able to draft corners would be the biggest reason in my opinion. Also, has any so-called top team lost as many games to inferior teams as the Steelers over the years? Or played as many close games with the same? The reason for that I guess can be debated, but over the many years I have been watching football, I have always heard that comes down to preparation by the coaching staff.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think they were hoping they could be a run first team, and let Mitch just game manage, but bad draft picks the past few years on the offensive line took that away.

We know about Kendrick Green’s struggles at Center, but even Dodson at Guard hasn’t lived up to the hype. Our young tackles are more solely pass blockers, add it all up and what do you got? A bad offensive line and it’s here to stay.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    [​IMG]:hmm:

I'm only sort of kidding but the result is the same.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dallas is about to choke, and let the Bengals win.

17. TN Vol Steelers Fan

TN Vol Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2020

He said the same crap in Chicago so who knows. He hasn’t been asked for do much so far but I’m not impressed with him at all. It was a horrible decision by the Steelers front office, imo.

18. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Wrong

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Bengals are 0-2 just lost to the Cowboys backup QB :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Cinn just lost

• Like Like x 2
  21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow Murray just threw an incredible pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Sure was

23. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Jazz Bath, I get it now.

took a few views.

24. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers with a healthy Watt and Cardinals in Super Bowl.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011