1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2022 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone can vote no matter if you're in on the mock or not. One vote per person. Be sure of your vote before casting it, votes are final. The player with the most votes wins. Also as with previous years...no trades will be allowed involving the Steelers.

Thats pretty much it, simple!

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Only 5 picks away. Steelers could have their choice of any QB not named Malik Willis.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :puking 3:LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, Pickett is an obvious choice, and Matt Corral has been getting a lot of good press lately. I believe in real life all three (including Willis) will be gone by this point in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agree, If Picket is actually there the Steelers have to draft him. I still say in reality he goes to Carolina at #6.

You always here the stories about how Art Rooney's biggest regret was when he passed on Dan Marino. No way the Steelers front office could pass on the next big Pittsburgh QB in the draft.

I think Picket is the perfect fit in Carolina with Sam Darnold, and Willis will be the best choice for Carroll in Seattle. I would not be surprised to see Seattle leap Carolina at the #6 spot to take Willis days before the draft starts.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    1 pick away. Assuming Lambert doesn't take any of these guys at 19, I nominate

Desmond Ridder

Daxton Hill

Kenyon Green

7. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    The number of highly ranked WRs still on the board is high (Olave, Williams, London, Burks)
    DE is high- Karlaftis, Ojabo
    ILB- Damone Clark, Nakobe Dean
    CB- Trent McDuffie, Daxton Hill

All things being equal, I would probably go with McDuffie.
    But I'm not voting for him just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I vote Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    K, let's take Ojabo out of the running (torn achilles) and Clark (needs neck surgery, but would be a steal in the 2nd).

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Clark will likely miss the entire 2022 season. Ojabo’s 2022 season is in question as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    My official vote is WR Treylon Burks from Arkansas. Burks, Johnson, Claypool and Freiermuth gives Trubisky an excellent choice of targets.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Traylon ran a blistering 4.55 at the combine.

13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I like Clark as well, but can't use a 2nd round pick on a guy who is out for 2022.

14. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Steelers options might include:

Jameson Williams, Alabama WR
    Drake London, USC WR
    George Karlaftis, Purdue EDGE
    Treylon Burks, Arkansas WR
    Daxton Hill, Michigan S
    Trent McDuffie, Washington CB
    Matt Corral, Ole Miss QB
    Bernhard Raimann, C. Michigan OL
    Roger McCreary, Auburn CB
    Chris Olave, Ohio St. WR
    Jaquan Brisker, Penn St. S
    Devonte Wyatt, Georgia DL

15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Some other names to throw out there

Tyler Smith
    Lewis Cine
    Zion Johnson

• Like Like x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I also officially vote for Trent McDuffie CB, Wahington

It has been forever since the Steelers have had a 1st round CB. Plenty of receivers and lineman available later on.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    So that's 2 official votes for Trent Mcduffie and 1 for Traylon Burks so far.

18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He will be a Pro Bowl receiver year after year for whoever drafts him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    How long do we want to decide this? We could have a 2 hour vote on 10-12 names (maybe even with 2-3 choices per voter) and then do it again for the top 3 vote getters. I'd love a WR here but there will be good value there in the 2nd. Trent is pretty high on my list, too.

20. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Tough vote........ Everyone I had us targeting is already gone

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Ok...... Don't totally like it, but value wise, my vote will have to go to Bernard Raimann

22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Can you believe the Steelers have plugged so many holes in free agency, that the only possible true need is strong safety. Edmunds and Tuitt situations need to be resolved before the draft or a plug and play safety or a D-lineman is going to be the pick. I am leaning toward Wyatt or Brisker, but the tea leaves from the Steelers brass seem to be saying QB, either Corral or Howell, if Willis and Pickett are gone.

The Steelers showed a lot of interest in Najee last year and they seem to be showing a lot of interest in the QBs this year. At the beginning of last fall, it seemed like they were high on Howell, but Corral probably had a better season. If you recall Dan Marino had the awesome junior year, but his senior year wasn't as good, though he proved in the NFL the talent matched his junior year potential. Howell had a better junior year than senior year, but unfortunately Howell or Corral are no where near the talent of a Marino.

I believe the Steelers are going to select a QB. I personally would give Trubisky the shot, but he may be the insurance if the top four QBs were gone. Trubisky could also be a one and done, while the new QB sits for a year. I would love to see the Steelers board and where they had Trubisky when the Bears drafted him.

Having wrote all this, with Willis and Pickett off the board, my vote is Sam Howell. For the purposes of this board's mock draft, my vote is probably a throw away vote.

• Like Like x 1
  23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    This will be difficult, based on actual free agency, I'm thinking either CB, Safety, or WR at this point.... I think they could grab an OL in the 2nd or 3rd. leaning towards a WR even though I hate drafting a 1st round WR....

My official vote will be for WR Jameson Williams, Alabama. I feel that we addressed many defensive needs in free agency.... and currently sitting with our #1 WR being DJ and #2 Claypool.... we need to have a fast weapon to help bridge the QB position for another year or so.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  24. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

I like Williams, but I doubt he plays in 2022.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    You know, in the past we've always done "one man, one vote" type stuff, but I like the idea of narrowing it down to the top three, and the revoting. It gives us a chance to throw out a name, say Matt Corral, and then when that is unpopular get a second vote. We end up with people voting for three different wr's when they see that as the biggest need, and then the one o-line who gets votes win because of the split (just an example, but mostly because at this point there are a lot of wr's left, and most linemen are off the board). Kind of like ranked choice voting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1