1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now it’s Pats week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rush2seven, Dec 11, 2017.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    70 points would be insane. Ben would break Norm Van Brocklin's record if the Steelers offense scores that much. Unfortunately, the Patriots D always seems to play well against the Steelers. It's all up to the offense to match and exceed the Patriots offense. This is the only path to victory.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben is extremely angry, nevermind I say we score 90.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bell got to be licking his chops seeing what Drake did to them last night.
    Hell Big Ben got to be licking his too, see what Jay Cutler did to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    It would be a huge mistake to underestimate the Patriots. There's nothing like a matchup with the Steelers to get Brady back on track. Last time I checked, Brady and Patriots have owned the Steelers in all but 2 games in the past 16 years. As bad as Brady has played in the past two weeks, Roethlisberger played worse against the Jags. A lot worse.

5. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016

History is just that....history. There's zero chance our O doesn't score at least 35 against that horrific D.

6. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    What about the Steelers horrific D? The same defense that gave up huge plays to Brissett, Hundley, Dalton and Flacco. Brady is slightly better than those QBs. Slightly.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Dirty Red is healthy is he the starter?

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    God help us if the rush doesn't get home. :cool:

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think this game comes down to coaching, imo we are far and away the more talented team. The fishy played tight man and blitzed right up the middle. These are two things over and over we do not do when we play these guys. We play the stupid zone and off coverage, and we try to get to Brady with 2-3 guys. Tomlin & Butler enough is enough, lets get some pressure up the middle in Marsha's face and jam the WR's off the line. Hit hit hit Marsha and we win this game..........BY A TON!!!!!!

Our offense is hot and needs to stay hot, that short dink and dunk stuff we saw in the first half not only works but also eats clock keeping Marsha on the sidline......and our D! With the right game plan this could easily be a blow out and dare I say the near end to the Brady/Belicheat era????

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017

Let's go!

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I wonder what our defensive game plan will be? I just hope we don't play the same scheme as the championship game.

The blueprint is out there. Dolphins just showed us how to do it. Do we have the personnel to execute it? Man on Man across the board and pressure up the middle on Brady.

12. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Another actor once said "If it has nipples, you can milk it."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think we do but what do we have to lose I mean Marsha will pick apart this zone.......

IMO I put Watt Cam Tuitt and Dupree across the front then have VW in the middle with Hilton and Mitchell on each side mix up which of them blitz the middle and which will drop into short coverage(gronk). That leaves Davis Burns Haden and Cody to play pass coverage tight man one deep. No Moats, no Spence rotate Chick and JH keep our OLBs fresh and maybe get a ton of pressure.

Of course it is easy on paper and it isn't as easy as just doing this but there are so many options out of this, imo.

14. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    That is not a horrific defense. Last night was the first time since Week 4 that they have allowed more than 20 points.

And the Steelers haven't exactly been an offensive powerhouse this season, generally speaking.

Haden will help a lot if he plays but this is a bad matchup for them with Shazier out.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Speaking of "Meet The Folkers", guess who's coming to Heinz Field this next Sunday? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Absolutely! And hopefully he is! Can't have another tag team of Fort, Spence and Moats again.

• Winner Winner x 1