1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Covid Protocol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Couldn’t say, but the moderna is working fabulously

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Pfizer too and very effective against Delta and amazingly I have not moprhed into a wombat yet.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Not the same... pretty sure Hippa law would come into play on one of these " requirements"

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    When I worked in several different hospitals, I was required to get a Flu shot yearly. And I worked in the damned lab! I had very little patient contact. My wife is a nurse, and yes, is REQUIRED to get the shot every year. I know this, because every year I have to hear her whine about having to go get one. :roflmao:

Now, small clinics, doctor's offices, etc may not require them, only recommend. And I'm sure there are some hospitals that may not be strict on it. But an ethical health care worker would get it anyway.

My daughter works with disabled children. She had to get required immunizations before working there. DTAP, Chicken Pox, MMR, and pneumococcal specifically. Not for her benefit. For the kids. It was a condition of employment. Meaning you don't even start here until you have them all.

But I did get something wrong. I assumed polio was still required for school. It's not. It is on the recommended list. There was a time when it was, but since it is considered eradicated in the US, it became recommended some time ago. But again, most people who get vaccines get polio anyway. It's really only the antivaxxers refusing it. So it's not really apples and oranges.

Anyway, the point is employers CAN require vaccines as a condition of employment. NFL players are employees of the league. But the league isn't making it mandatory. They're letting them choose. But if that choice causes problems, they'll have to face the consequences of that choice.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hippa law. Lol.
    Do you even know what Hippa law is?

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I seem to be a little magnetic, but I’ve found it to be rather beneficial. It really makes it difficult to lose your car keys.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    obviously not or he wouldn’t have brought it up. LoL

It’s one of those this sounds good I’m going to use it next phrases.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve heard this argument before in regards to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated. For some crazy reason people think this falls under Hippa law which is beyond ridiculous.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m so glad they put that chip in me. I was lost down in the city the other day and I was able to call the government to help me get home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    well you know tucker Carlson used it, Gaetz used it, Marjorie Taylor Greene used it, unfortunately for us both those three and their followers are too stupid to know it’s not applicable.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
  11. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects.html

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...th/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

Now, you also wanted to know what the risk probabilities are.
    Unfortunately, it is too early to get definitive numbers, and that is still being studied.
    (Or at least, I had trouble finding current numbers.)
    I remember a very early (and thus, outdated) study with a limited sample showed lung damage showing up in chest scans at 30-50%, with most of the people in the study having negligible symptoms.
    And the following article mentions that "long-Covid" is around 10-30%.

(EDIT: Sorry, the forum editor isn't letting me put in a link, it keeps replacing it with this big box.)

And this article gives the reasons why the vaccines are likely to be safe, after 2 months of studies.
    (But scientists and doctors like to still do the long-term studies, to be absolutely certain.)

https://www.muhealth.org/our-storie...d-19-vaccine-wont-have-long-term-side-effects

• Like Like x 3
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Admittedly I have no idea who those people are. I don’t really follow all the nonsense that’s going on.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    There has been NO polio cases contacted in the US since 1979. Stop trying to split hairs.

I already addressed VAERS in a previous post. Your statement on blood clots is just ridiculous. It is a common and known effect of Covid. Particularly in those sick enough to require hospitalization.

But here's a little fun fact: if you need to be hospitalized for Covid, some of the treatments they might use to try to save you have also not yet been approved by the FDA. (Monoclonal antibodies. You know, the stuff they used to treat President Trump) They have an Emergency Use Authorization just like the vaccine. Desperate times and all that.

The vaccine will likely have final FDA approval before the year is out. What then?

The first people vaccinated have been for over 18 months. We're seeing no long term side effects. Particularly because the vaccine itself doesn't stay in your body for very long.

14. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Well if you have a car accident and are at fault. You have to pay for the medical expenses even if the other guy doesn't wear a seat belt.

In smoking when they get cancer, health care covers them, and your rate goes up.

15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Stay home. Regardless what sickness you have. That's what should be done. But nope, we live in America where it's extremist on both sides and not common sense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Pulling out a Typhoid Mary reference.

Strange times we live in. :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Do i have to go full blown political to get this thread closed?? :hehehe:;):roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Me neither. I thought it would devolve into political insults and need locking.

This... I didn't exactly expect but it's been entertaining.

19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    1. I find that very hard to believe.

2. If true, I really envy you. :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You say.
    For all we know You could be eating kangaroo grass as we speak, and are now having trouble typing. LoL

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    If I’m at fault my insurance is going to pay. Seatbelt or no seatbelt. Because I’m at fault my rates are going up seatbelt or no seatbelt.
    Health insurance? It goes up annually, but that’s to be expected.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It would make more sense just to Ban the person who can’t keep politics out of it. Or just delete their post. Also remember you don’t have to open this thread if it bothers you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The mRNA delivery is brilliant and it’s not new like many believe, been around for a while.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve heard the names, but could pick them out of a lineup.

I honestly don’t watch any of those news stations. All the shows are nothing more than the host and their guests opinions which in turn people interpret as fact then spread it around and you get the problems we have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hfwhudertiogh jejfhf ioffnthjhjt

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.