1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Covid Protocol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    So you do
    Vaccines are an intrusive procedure requiring me to submit to an experimental medical procedure which may affect my health. Drug tests are not invasive and do not have the potential to affect my health and my life

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    You posted, "Difference between polio and covid, is polio did not just give you 0.5% death if you got it. Polio crippled your butt."
    Sure sounds like you comparing the two, regardless of who started it. And again, Covid does not just give people a chance of death. There are other consequences.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    i never said anything about getting fined. I said consequences. Y’all have made excuse after excuse after excuse. You will always come up with some new excuse. Today it’s the lack of fda approval tomorrow it will be because the sun came up. You’ve made your choice live with it. Personally, if you get sick you shouldn’t be allowed treatment. Stay the **** at home and hope for the best. You’ve played games this far you might as well play the ultimate game. Watch YouTube for treatment. Take pills found at the pet store meant for treating fish, put onions in your socks, snort garlic for all I care, but you should t be allowed to be a burden on the healthcare system.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    I never said the unvaccinated should be "punished." I simply have no problem with there being additional requirements placed on the unvaccinated because they are unvaccinated. They are a greater risk than the vaccinated so if a business wants to treat them differently then I have no problem with it. Don't want to get vaccinated? Fine but just like everything else in life then you have to deal with the consequences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    1. Funny you mention that not everyone got the polio vaccine, but here we are with people saying people need to be punished and/or mandatory.
    2. Ummm there has been polio cases since 1979. (You might want to read onto where you googled that at). They brought it over from another country and they weren't vaccinated. (Again vaccinated polio worked. Covid vaccination clearly doesn't work since there's vaccinated people telling unvaccinated people they can get sick by them)
    3. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html go to wonder and look up long term affects. And then post the link to exactly what you are referring to....... Because I can do how there is long term side affects from the vaccine, just like you can with covid....... Difference with polio is 15,000 people a year were crippled. How many brain functions are affected each year? And you do know there's more reported cases of blood clots in Johnson and Johnson vaccine than in covid.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

BULL ****!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

Show me which you are referring to for long term on wonder CDC website. And how many cases of it there was. Polio had 15,000 a year who were crippled. So show me a significant long term affect that has those numbers.

Furthermore just remember, I can do the exact same with the vaccine. For instance you can mention blood clots from covid, and I'll throw Johnson and Johnson long term affects right back at you.

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Funny you mention you don't want unvaccinated people to get treatment.
    1. I told y'all, a few pages back someone will start saying unvaccinated people need to be hanged. And you're going right in that direction.
    2. I am sick as we speak. Back hurts like a MFer, headache is crazy bad, etc etc. And I'm not going to the doctor. It's pointless because they don't have anything that exactly actually helps...... So you're welcome. I'm already doing what you suggested.
    ..... But can you tell me where your rant is for people who smoke and get cancer?
    Where is your rant for people who don't wear a seat belt, and when I have an accident with them where I'm at fault, I still have to pay their medical expenses for them flying out the window?
    What about eating where you are overweight?

9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The way I handle this is I refuse to engage in debates with people over it. My wife and I received the vaccinations because our medical professionals highly recommended it both for our health and welfare as well as other's we would come in contact with. I trust these people. The wife and I both have underlying medical conditions, and the care we have received has allowed both of us to continue to work and live comfortable lifestyles. That said, while I might respect your right not to get inoculated, I don't care why you won't. It's your business, keep it to yourself. My neighbor might eat dirt for dinner every night. As long as his actions do not directly affect me, bon appetit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's a good thing we don't fine people for choosing not to follow rules like registering for a driver's license or having car insurance or driving while intoxicated, having an unregistered weapon, performing illegal surgeries, hunting out of season, fishing more than the limit, eating ice cream in public on a Sunday, giving false witness against thy neighbor, worshipping false gods or at least orange ones. You know the biggies.

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    If you told me before this thread would make it to 12 pages, I wouldn't have believed you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    So you're telling me there are ice cream police?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    the unvaccinated ignored the advice of doctors and scientists. Absolutely no reason for y’all to change your tune now and seek out their help. You reap what you sow

14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Thank you

For instance I'm sick right now. And I'm doing the same like I do for the flu, cold, whatever. I'm keeping my butt home, no one comes to visit, etc etc.

I am hard headed and won't go to the doctor. But even if I did go. I would pay for meds over the phone and wear gloves and a p95 mask and see if they can bring it out to me and drop it by my car door.

15. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    How did that Johnson and Johnson work out for you?

16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It certainly is a polarizing subject.

How ever the league decides to handle it, I'm okay with it because I'm not going to get all worked up about it as long as there is football to watch. They're all grown ass men, they know what's at stake. If the league says this is the way it's going to be or else, then those same grown ass men know the consequences and they will have to deal with the fallout. I'm not about to sit here and argue whether it's right, wrong or indifferent because it isn't my sandbox.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Wait, I though we can't compare Polio and Covid?

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sadly I do think there are some. Funny story I used to be the weekend pullup person for a local bread company so on Sunday morning I would hit all the grocery stores as well as Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's club and do just what the title suggests pull the bread up to the front of the shelf. One morning I'm finishing up at Walmart at the manager let's me out just as a suv with out of states plates pulls up and asks why they aren't open. I said because North Dakota still has blue laws. They looked lost so I explained that retail businesses that aren't 100%grocery stores can't open until noon on Sundays. They looked even more confused and asked why told them I don't know so ppl can go to church I suppose. Don't think their trip to ND will be repeated in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So what. Right now most places are just saying if you’re not vaccinated wear a mask. All I originally said was mandatory vaccinations may be next. Again at this point you don’t have to do anything if you don’t want. Employers (NFL) are working within the law to create rules to protect their product and create a safe workplace. If you are so outraged by it work to get the laws changed.
    Choices we make everyday come with some sort of consequences. Some good some bad. This is one of them. Choose wisely.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    how does someone that smokes put me at risk? How does someone that doesn’t wear a seatbelt put me at risk?

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, this thread has jumped the shark since my last post :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Mary Mallon had that attitude.

She wasn't sick, and got angry that she was quarantined due to the 53 people who contracted typhoid fever from her.

(When people say that flu and covid are similar, they leave out that the latter has asymptomatic transmission for a significant time.)

• Like Like x 1
  23. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Being FORCED to take this vaccine is NOTHING like having to take a drug test at work and you know it. That was a stupid statement

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    If both are work requirements then they are the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t mind cause I have the vaccination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.