1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Covid Protocol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    That's not even remotely true.

It is FAR more likely that it gets less pathogenic as it mutates. (Good thing, or we'd likely be extinct by now) BUT viruses can - and have - become more contagious, more virulent and more pathogenic. The Spanish Flu pandemic being the most glaring example.

2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Difference between polio and covid, is polio did not just give you 0.5% death if you got it. Polio crippled your butt.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’re in the middle of a Pandemic. The risk is worth the reward to rush things. People don’t have to do it if they don’t want to. The may suffer some hardships associated with that decision though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Idk but am struggling to connect what that has to do with the Covid vaccine, which is also not mandatory.

5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Consequences should only be, if you get sick, you just get sick. But now you want unvaccinated people fined and say you want to make their lives hell.

6. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Covid also does not just cause death. Lots of people are suffering long term consequences from Covid.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Then you live in bizzaro world. Because they are not saying what you peddle. At all.

And no. I don't take the word of 2-3 quacks over the word of the entire field. Not until or unless they themselves publish peer reviewed research PROVING what they say. I mean, you can find "experts" to this day who'll tell you smoking is good for you. :rolleyes:

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I thought that's what you were trying to get at that everyone should be taking the covid vaccine.

And just to clarify, this is a MRNA vaccine and first time use. It's not FDA approved. Etc etc. So what you think on how it works, is being based on what you're being told. And you can say the exact same thing back to me.

We simply don't know. And people should be allowed to do what they want to do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Godwin's Law.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    There is nothing wrong with there being extra burdens placed on the unvaccinated. I'd think they'd be happy to pay the extra price to ensure their freedom (to remain unvaccinated and at greater risk of getting sick and making those around them sick). Freedom isn't free, right?

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Only ones i havnt heard say it our on CNN, ABC , CBS ,MSNBC, and we all know the misinformation they spread,,,, # changethechannle

12. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    It's about to get FDA approval and they have been studied at length. Also, I have never said that anyone should be forced to get it so I am not sure why you are acting like I said it should be forced on people. But it is absolutely fair for businesses and communities to place extra burdens on those who are not vaccinated. You are free to not get vaccinated and have to deal with those extra burdens. Life is full of these decisions.

13. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    CDC shows a list of percent of things notified to them. So which long term affect you referring to and the percent?

Polio caused 15,000 people to be crippled each year before the vaccine.

When you got vaccinated by polio, you weren't being affected by unvaccinated people.

So you can't be comparing the 2. It's totally different..... And polio was not mandatory and still is not.

14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    It is in most health care jobs.

You know. To keep patients safe and all that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    You are the one who compared them. I responded to you.

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Ah. Yes.

The enitre world is telling us one thing. But I can't believe that. Only these one or 2 sources who cater to my prejudices, fears and already predetermined conclusions. :rolleyes:

The confirmation bias is strong in this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    not even close

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Actually life of America isn't that way. We still have people who smoke and told they could only not smoke in a business. We have it where when they get cancer, they get help and everyone pays for it in some ways.

We even have people who don't wear a seat belt. And if I have an accident where it's at fault, I still have to pay for the extra damage of the idiot getting thrown they the window for not wearing a seat belt.

So if you want to smoke, eat where you at are overweight, not wear your seat belt and get vaccinated, that's all fine. You do you, but don't be telling people who are not vaccinated they need to be punished. This is the first time in America history where y'all have gone to this extreme...... You can make your case over in France where they've lost their mind over past viruses. But not here where it's never been done.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Bet you think polio vaccine was mandated and still is. You think because it says, "recommended" means that.

And since we're talking NFL. They never mandated the flu vaccine. Nor even polio.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No it's not!!!
    Oh...Sorry you said most.
    Never mind....move along :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Ummmmm I didn't start the comparison. You might want to go back and look it up.

22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Covid is causing permanent injury to SURVIVING patients - in larger numbers than the deaths. Many will never breathe right again (irreversible lung damage), have impaired brain function, and some have even lost limbs due to blood clots caused by Covid. And speaking of "we don't know the long term effects." We really don't know with Covid either.

The polio vaccine was also not 100%. But it worked beautifully since almost everyone got it. That made it disappear from our memory quickly. We haven't had a polio case since 1979. Not. One.

Sadly, it hasn't been eradicated world wide like smallpox was just yet. So yes, people still need to get vaccinated.

And I don't know what school you went to, but every school I know of REQUIRES a polio vaccine to attend. Every medical field REQUIRES a polio vaccine (or did when I worked in the field). Medical exemptions for allergies, etc. of course.

23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, FFS, do you know ANYONE that is able to be vaccinated that doesn't have a polio vaccine???

It's so common place, most people don't even think about it.

24. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I've literally had the conversation with friends and family that work at health care places. And not one of them was forced to take the flu vaccine. (And some of those people have got the covid vaccine.)

I don't know where you're getting this, "most" at.

25. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.