1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Najees Vision

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 19, 2022.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    TBH I noticed it during the game this past weekend. Lots of missed opportunities. He really needs to clean that up. The line has shown to be much better than we anticipated, but Najee has to capitalize when he has the opportunity. He can help make the line look better than it is, or worse than it is... right now its the latter.

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow, this is pretty telling. I’ve noticed with Najee that there just seems to be a little something not quite right. He’s never seemed to have the vision of a lot of the elite running backs and just doesn’t seem to be all that intuitive in deciding which gap or hole to run to. He doesn’t do his offensive linemen any favors, that’s for sure. Physically, he’s a beast and he fights for every yard but at times he needs to work smarter and not harder. Even though LB left on not so great terms, he was an absolute machine when it came to allowing his blocks to develop and hitting the right gaps.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He had a foot injury in the preseason and rolled his ankle last week and you think it's the weight. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Your avatar game always kills Me. LoL :thumbs_up:
    I'll never forget How You change it in 2020,and everything went to $hit. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think His foot, and ankle are a big factor, but He must see those holes.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What did I do haha

7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Jonathan Taylor was a 2nd round pick. If they are going to blow a 1st round pick on a RB he better not have to learn anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, no! That is just not the way football works. If the Oline doesn't open holes, all aspects of the offence struggle. If the RB doesn't hit the open holes, all aspects of the offence suffer. If the passing game sucks, all aspects of the offence suffer. It's literally several parts that need to work in unison or everything falls apart. We don't have an elite QB to pick up the slack. We don't have an amazing Oline to pick up the slack. We need everyone doing their job. Najee isn't doing his, and as a result it makes Trubisky's job harder, and he is mediocre at best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    While I agree it is not on the Offensive Line as a whole, trust between an Offensive Line and a Running Back is one that is symbiotic. For that matter and, as @Blast Furnace stated, Johnathan Taylor is a prime example of what happens when a Running Back not only gains confidence in themselves but also the big men that block for them. As it stands currently, Najee... does not seem to have much confidence in the Offensive Line's performance thus far. In addition, mind you that, outside of Najee's ability to break tackles, his best attribute coming out of Alabama was his Ball Carrier Vision. Some of that was due to Najee's own hard work and due diligence. The other?!... that Crimson Tide Offensive Line.

I seriously doubt myself Najee has lost that gift for such a gift with his instincts is difficult to do so; doubly so since he has shown to be a football junkie. However, study habits alone will not assist much if he does not gain the confidence in the big man up front the same way they do. Make no mistake; Moore, Dotson, Cole, Daniels and Chuks all believe in him; those All 22 pics being further evidence.

Najee MUST start believing in them as opposed to going against them. Otherwise... expect more of the same come not just Thursday Night but moving forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I sometimes wonder if the pre-snap reads on the part of the QB and the RB are causing some issues. The team seems to go with what ever Plan A is, even if it is a poor choice given the circumstances. And Plan A hasn't been very good (Game plan?), and the current talent can't seem to improvise or go to second and third reads.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    At Alabama he had holes 4 times that size. I agree with the thread. I am just saying compared to his college days that is a small crack. Maybe the fact 3 guys hit him in the backfield all last year makes him untrusting

• Like Like x 1
  12. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I have to wonder the same. @AskQuestionsLater made some great points about having trust in the line in front of him. And I also think it's correctable after looking at the film. The most pleasant surprise of this season is that the OL isn't noticeably a liability. In the 2nd half it appeared that Najee was better at finding the holes being created by the OL. Thursday is going to be a pretty big test of the guys up front.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Watch the video. Both Cole and the defender are moving away from that hole. That defender would still be changing direction when Najee went by him. Not a good decision taking that one into traffic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s ok. Your avatar game kills the rest of us :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sorry. I couldn’t resist.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    in other words, the FO screwed (and maybe are ruining his career....) up in not creating an OLINE. But we ALL know that, don't we?

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe on His very 1st run yesterday....He was met in the backfield by 2 players as the ball was handed to Him.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've tried to change My avatar 4 times with No success....So I gave up. :shrug:

18. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    i noticed this since last year, almost looks like he tries to initiate contact instead of avoiding it.

19. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    if najee is elite, he doesn't have to

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

If you listen to the Ramon foster show he has touched on this a few times over the last couple weeks. He calls it running into darkness. Says Harris has to do a better job and stop running into darkness. Last night he talked about how the running backs would sit in with the linemen during meetings. They would talk about what each group needed from the other yada yada yada. Fortunately or unfortunately for the glass is half empty people here our offense is very young. Lots of room for growth from everyone

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Did not read whole thread but about Najee. Najee seems to stutter around a lot looking for an opening. And I also think he may have a little injury trouble. I read the chatter about the O-line but I don't see it being all on them. Najee starts the stuttering the 11 guys on the other side know to converge. Say we had a prime Bettis right now. He'd take the hand off and plow forward. I think he'd have the same success he had with this O-line.

Oh how I miss a big ass power back that takes the defenders with him.

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It’s like Trubisky and Harris are more nervous of the o-line than they need to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think that's exactly what is happening.

24. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Only fixable if you have the right coaches. I don’t have much faith in our RB coach or WR coach or OC.

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I personally think they should look into moving him to FB and Warren to TB in 21 personnel…… he is a great blocker with great hands and Everybody Knows the FB is always open!!!!!

#oldschooloffense

Cajun