1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on regular season wk 13

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Dec 3, 2023.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    why was losing Pickett huge?

come on people - he STINKS. there is no fear in ANY defense when we play them, there is nothing HUGE about losing Pickett.
    losing SEU and Roberts was big, yes.

Tomlin is full of himself and has been since early 2010's and we saw more if it yesterday. He is comfortable with his

we REGULARLY get outcoached, we have the bottom tier of coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

No..... Pickett isn't Mahomes, but he is our best option at the position, and the offense does move better with him under center than without him...
    Yes, we need an upgrade, but if you think we don't need him now, just watch these next few weeks with Mitch at the healm and get back to me

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    "4. Middle of the o-line and Middle of the defense were brutally abused"

It sux that never found that guy to replace Shazier, and we could use another elite guy in the secondary, slot corner or safety, to patrol the middle of the field.

4. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    That's what they said about Mac Jones.

PS, dumb avatar. Stupid.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I watched on GamePass for years and switched to NFL+ last year. I got pretty good at avoiding spoilers. I prefer watching live so I can chat about it with friends and post about the game here, but it's not that big of a difference. Also, I've gotten most of the Steelers' games this season live because they were on regular television or on Prime.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They didn't have a Shazier, but they had three good inside linebackers to start this season. It took them a little while to settle in, but once they did, the defense was very impressive. Losing Holcomb and Alexander hurt. Losing Roberts, too, just makes a mess of things.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers finally did find serviceable ILBs in the offseason. The best we've had since Shazier and Williams. Problem is... they are on IR.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett takes care of the ball. Trubisky does not. Usually, that is about interceptions, but it was the fumble yesterday. Cole has been snapping the ball too low all season. Pickett hasn't lost one of them. Trubisky immediately lost one and it pretty much buried the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts joins them this week.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I wouldn't object to an ILB in round 1 and then Center in round 2 in 2024. Even with Holcolmb and Alexander healthy. Is Holcolmb and Alexander signed through 24?

11. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I too was surprised the Mason Cole problem did not make the Top 10.

I don't know what the team does now. Nate Herbig may be needing to play Guard with the injury to Seumalo; I knew trading Dotson would come back to haunt them in the end.

12. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I still think Najee running out of the Old I-Formation with a FB in front of him would be the best Goalline for him. Even if that means putting your extra O-Lineman in the backfield at FB.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will be happy to get back to you

We suck on O. Good talent, at skill positions EXCEPT at QB and NO LEADERSHIP.

Mitch JUST MAY throw 3 TD's this Thurs night. 2 INT's but 3 TD's, get ready for it.

Kenny stinks really bad

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm not understanding this line of thought.

So a QB with an equally poor QB rating (or worse) who loses an equal amount of games (or more) but might throw a few more touchdowns is the better option over the one we drafted less than two years ago and who needs to prove whether or not he has functionality outside of a terrible OC's system?

Sure, you can sit there and say your mind is already made up. But the people who know the amount of resources they must invest in drafting and developing this position are probably going to want a little more time.

16. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Ala Tim Lester (RIP) who was the bus driver for several years!!

17. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Yeah, no question that they gave up on Dotson too early

18. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Losing Pickett sucks, but it’s not crippling. He wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire.

Losing Roberts is a huge blow though. The team had a solid rotation of 3 ILBs that was performing well. Now they’re all gone. They’re down to the 4th and 5th stringers at that position. There’s really no way to fix that in-season.

19. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    Mason Cole was the weak link on a terrible OL when he was in AZ. He gets overpowered at the point of attack and his errant snaps in the Cardinal game were real killers.

20. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    100% and I watched some of the game last night and both teams had pockets many times that we can only dream of because it seems that our center gets blown back time and time again so the middle of our line just gives way. Its like Carr in Houston who just got the hell beat of him game in and game out. Ok you think you drafted your franchise QB, then have him watch until build the line to protect him. Mitch was so bad that Tomlin put in KP last year and our line sucked and the only improvement is Jones and it the rest suck. With a pass league you need a great line to provide the time and we don't have it!!

21. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    This team has chit for luck, way too many injuries and the OC thing to boot. Also, I think the Cardinals are now a better team with Murray back. Without him, I think this team, even with all of it's issues win that game.