1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the bears escape

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Nov 8, 2021.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Everyone wants to blame the O-coordinator. Finctner and Haley's offenses also struggled to move the ball even with All Pros at RB and WR.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Comparisons are situational. Fields is in his rookie season and played decent against a favored team away. Expectations for him are less than other experienced QBs. Lamar isn't the greatest of QBs throwing but is the only reason his team is leading the division. If the Rats were last in the division, the talk would be asking what's wrong with LJackson? If we were winning the Division and looking somewhat like a contender, I think you'd hear a different line of garbage from the media and maybe even on this board. The key word is "contender". We have flaws and winning beyond ugly right now and even with a 4-game winning streak the media idiots are spewing their crap in hopes that they can remind everyone how well they predicted our falling apart later in the season. Tune them out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

He’s full of it. He even stepped into the throw. Y’all seem to think 58 minutes of mediocrity is acceptable. He made a decent pass in the final two minutes to Johnson. Muth bailed him out on a terrible throw. The other two were behind the line of scrimmage to Harris. It’s not like Ben put the team on his shoulders and did something miraculous. He’s a below average quarterback.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He is injured. I understand players play through injuries if able. But Ben's struggling to play through the injury he's dealing with right now. A week to heal could do him and the team some good. I'm not saying we should bench him for any other reason than the fact that he's risking further injury because he's unable to get the ball off quickly and accurately.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If you remember the 49ers game several seasons ago where Ben was clearly injured and should not have been playing and I think with home field implications on the line, you’d know there is no way this will ever happen.

I think this was the lead up to the Tebow debacle. @thorn058 probably remembers better than I do.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That game still haunts me with the stupidity of it. Yes some injuries you can play through. But Ben had zero mobility in a wet soggy game where all he could do was stand there. The Ninets came after him and in a game where a victory all but locks up a home playoff game the lost and had to go to Denver to be Tebowed. Stupid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1