1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie You Loved , but Most Don't

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by S.T.D, Mar 27, 2022.

1. ToyotaTacomaFan

ToyotaTacomaFan Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2022
    My bad I read it wrong. lol

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I seen The Limey....I haven't seen the other movies.
    Hell I haven't even heard of the others. LoL

3. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Yeah I thought you said you haven't lol my bad
    Should check out the other films though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've written them down.:thumbs_up: Just like I have everyone's movies they are saying....if I haven't seen it.

5. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Cool.
    You should also check out films by Jim Jarmusch if you haven't already.
    His last couple of films were not that good, but he does have a lot of good ones under his belt.

Dead Man
    Ghost Dog
    Mystery Train
    Down by Law
    Night on Earth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've seen Ghost Dog(with Forrest W.), and Dead Man( with J. Depp).
    The others ones I haven't

• Like Like x 1
  7. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022

Yeah those two movies are my favorite of his.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Tokyo Gore Police.

There are previews on YouTube, but they’re age restricted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The Limey - interesting reuniting of sorts with stars in their twilight who had big indie films in the later 60's - Peter Fonda with Easy Rider and Terrence Stamp in the Collector. I like both as actors over the years. Then there's always Peter's little sister's memorable role in Barbarella. :smiley1:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Talk about quirky. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 3
  11. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    I loved Terence Stamps monologue lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Never heard of it. So You are saying it good...Because I just wrote it down???

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I Loved this Movie. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Define “good.” It is an over the top spectacle of violence and innovative ways to mutate parts of the human body into lethal weapons. Ever think of your junk as a metaphorical rocket launcher? Now imagine a movie that brings that type of concept to life literally. Is it a good movie? No. Is it for everyone? Hell no. Is it fun as all hell for someone who has the right sense of humor? Oh hell yeah.

The thread is for movies we love, but most don’t. My wife hates it and would kill me if I ever put it on for anyone in her family, but my friends and I absolutely roared with laughter watching it with some alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I really hate to say it but John Carter. It's a fun movie that a bunch of critic's hated Disney for ruining and thought is was dumb. I tried reading the source books and Edgar Rice Burroughs tried really hard to make scifi things back in the day that wouldn't work even in today's literature rifles that can shoot a hundred miles.

An obscure one is Murder by Death. If it came out today it would be slammed as Peter Sellers plays a painfully stereotypical asian character that many would find insulting but a very young looking Maggie Smith, Sir Alec Guiness, Peter Falk who oddly enough plays a detective that is strangely familiar.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I enjoyed both Movies, and I also enjoyed the original books for John Carter.
    Yes people would be up in arms about P. Sellers in that movie.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's what I mean. Did You like it. Doesn't matter if someone else does. . I've already added it 2 my list.:thumbs_up:

18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    My brother raved about it. I watched it and thought it was okay. But then again, I'm not really a big Costner fan. Although I watch Yellowstone and I liked Draft Day. He basically is the same guy in everything he does. I think his first film was called Fandango which I really liked. Judd Nelson is in it, too. Good flick.

To the O.P.'s question, I can't think of a movie I like that most everyone else hates. But there are some obscure ones I love. Blood Simple, the Coen Brothers first theatrical release. If you like film noir like I do, you'll love it. Fantastic movie. I stumbled on this British film late one Friday night called Me Without You. Not the kind of movie I'd usually watch, but it was really pretty damn good. It's about a toxic friendship between two girls as they grow up. One False Move with Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thornton was entertaining. Red Rock West with Niklas Cage and Dennis Hopper. BTW, Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet is the standard for a complete maniac. That is a tremendous movie. River's Edge with Hopper and Keanu Reaves is good as well. High Life with Timothy Olyphant. A comedy I watched with my brother and laughed my fool head off called I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell. There are dozens more. One snowy Saturday, the wife was flipping channels when we stumbled across this creepy old B & W film called Carnival of Souls. There is something about that film that just makes you feel uncomfortable.

I pretty much like real life drama. Not into the whole super hero genre, horror, cut 'em up, wizards, witches, etc or any of that stuff. I do like sci-fi, but in small doses.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    One False Move was great.
    Same with Blue Velvet, and Rivers Edge.
    Carnival of Souls:thumbs_up:
    Then You announced You didn't like Horror :shrug:
    I have written down a few that I haven't seen from this :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  20. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Blue Velvet is my favorite David Lynch film. :cool:
    Well ether that or Mulholand Drive.
    I want to check out One False Move.
    That has Billy Bob Thorton right?

• Like Like x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes ...and Bill Paxton.

22. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    When I was younger I liked horror films. Grew up with Halloween, The Thing, etc. In my humble opinion, the greatest Sci-Fi movie (some would consider more of a horror flick) was Alien. I have to admit, when my old company relocated and I was laid off, I watched this modern horror film that took place at a motel. Don't remember the name of it, but it was pretty good. OK, alright I liked the Grindhouse movie with Kurt Russell, too lol.

If you like the Coen brothers, you have to see Blood Simple. Francis McDormand (probably my favorite actress), John Getz, Dan Hedaya and M. Emmett Walsh. He was f^&*ing great in that move.

• Like Like x 1
  23. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I was upset when Bill Paxton died. Same with James Gandolfini. Anyway, my nephew told me he made another movie with Billy Bob called A Simple Plan. Said I would like it. Gandolfini was such a scumbag POS in 8MM. Great actor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Dead Man and Ghost Dog are two of my favorites of all time!

In Dead Man, that opening scene with Crispin Glover is so intense!

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    The Man Who Wasnt There.

Black and white Coen brothers movie. I think critics liked it, but not well received by fans.

• Like Like x 1