1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Most overrated teams

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Nov 23, 2020.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'd say in AFC it was the Ravens, but not too many people saying that anymore. I guess I'd say Buffalo now.

In the NFC I think it's easy. The Bucs, and most especially the Bucs defense. Their offense reminds me of ours when we had AB and Bell and should have been unstoppable, but were very inconsistent. I just don't see this great defense I keep hearing about when I've watched them.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Packers NFC

Colts AFC

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    NFC Seattle

AFC Cleveland, and lately, Miami

• Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    For me?!

AFC:

Indianapolis Colts

Cleveland Browns

Baltimore Ravens

NFC:

Seattle Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Green Bay Packers (yes I am serious)

New Orleans Saints (yes I am serious)

Arizona Cardinals (still a year away)

These eight teams stick out to me in a big way. Los Angeles Rams potentially could be but I have to see more of them to make a final judgment.

5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    They're playing pretty well so far tonight.

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t sleep on the Colts.

Top 3 Defense.

The HC was responsible for the Eagles Super Bowl win. He was their Offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Saints are an excellent team with a healthy Brees and Michael Thomas. Maybe number 2 above us honestly.

8. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    I'd like to change my answer. I forgot about Seattle. Their D makes Tampa's look like the 85 Bears.

I actually like your Browns answer better than mine too.

So I guess another well thought through post by me..lol

I do still think it won't be Tampa in Superbowl though. Too inconsistent

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rams
    Bills
    Raiders
    Colts
    Saints

don’t sleep on those guys

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am not too sure about this. Teams like the Los Angeles Rams and even the Green Bay Packers could give them fits. Heck, do not sleep on the likes of Minnesota either. Dalvin Cook will get his touches.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Two words.

Phillip Rivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Bingo. They have a decent defense though

13. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I think the Colts are underrated. People are still looking pass them.

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Colts are mediocre at best.

They lost to the Jags, Stains and Rats.

They beat the Vikes, Jets, Bears, Bungles, Lions, Titans and Packers.

There is no reason to fear them especially with an overrated Philip Rivers at QB.

15. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Seattle has Wilson and two awesome WR's and it was working for them early in the season. They have to be just about perfect on offense to have a chance and they haven't been that lately. Not a sustainable winning formula.

It looks like Tampa Bay makes the list, too. Good football team that can routinely beat bad to mediocre teams but struggles against good to great teams. They have Rasputin for a QB, so I won't be the one to throw the first handful of dirt on his career casket, but there are warts. His deep ball is suspect. Even some of his intermediate throws are shaky. He relies on a fading Gronk probably more than he should and it's clear that an even average pass rush renders him below average. Plus, I think their defense although good, isn't exceptional. They are a playoff team that will need lots of bounces to get where they want to go.

I agree with AQL on Arizona. Love Kyler Murray, but it takes a more complete team to win in the playoffs. They are a nice story to be sure, but you can't depend on "Hail Murrays" week to week and especially in the playoffs if they even get there.

Don't quite know what to make of the Packers. They have Rodgers and that brings credibility, but they seem somewhat inconsistent. Plus, they have the advantage of playing in a crap division.

I put Miami on my list simply because the national sports media was falling all over themselves to anoint Tua one of the next all-time greats. They do have the makings of a real good defense, but I think they'd be more dangerous at this point with Fitz as the starting QB. They have a lot of work to do before they are to be taken seriously. However, they can still make the playoffs if they could hit the ten win mark. I think if it takes 11 wins though, they won't. They have games against the Jets, Bills, NE, KC, LV and the Bengals.

Cleveland is a playoff team but probably gets bounced in the first round. Great running team, suspect QB, solid defense. If they have to lean on Mayfield too much, they are in trouble. He has never shown the type of consistency needed to win an NFL playoff game.

Ravens are nearly a mirror image of the Browns although Jackson brings the running threat and he excels at it. Teams are now ready for it and they falter when good defenses scheme to force him to have to throw, especially if they take away the middle of the field. He cannot routinely complete passes outside the numbers. They have the Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants and Bengals remaining after the Steelers on Thanksgiving. A split leaves them at 9-7 and probably watching what the Raiders do. I think the Raiders are the better team. It makes Baltimore either the lowest seeded WC team or on the outside looking in. I honestly could see them thumping Dallas but losing to the Giants. That loss to NE looms big, because NE basically stinks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    I agree with your analyses, except for maybe one thing. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I think I am willing to be the first one to throw that handful of dirt on Tom Terrific's career. He has great weapons on that team, but against good defenses he looks shaky at best. The thing that stands out last night other than the 2 terrible interceptions is the fact that he had all of one completion of 15 yards or more. If Ben were doing that there would be plenty of people rightly questioning whether or not he was washed up. The NFC is still a bit of a crapshoot though, so there's no guarantee he will have to face those good defenses if they make the playoffs.

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    STEELERS ARE OVERRATED!!!

THEY CANT BEAT COVID NAH AH

-everyone after we go 19-0

18. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Bucs definitely. Brady and the defense is getting exposed. Funny how the Brady roller coaster has gone this season. Even some of his biggest ball polishers are jumping off the wagon.

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Compared to the undefeated Steelers, I'll say the Chiefs. They can't hang with our current version.

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Our defense isn’t shutting down mahomes lol

but yes I believe we can beat them

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't be calling the Bills or Colts overrated just yet, both teams are capable of beating the Steelers.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The Packers top the list for me. Yes, they beat the Saints, but the Saints were struggling early in the season. Watching the Packers fold up in the second half vs. the Colts cemented it for me.

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Brady getting booed! I love it!

• Like Like x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s done. Father Time officially caught up

25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't mind him getting booed, especially at home, but you'd think the old geezer could muster enough to at least be a threat to a cheesy KC defense. He's toast and I'm not sad in the least.