1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Minkah and Bush not doing great

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 27, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    According to pff lol. Yeah I know pff sucks but can someone let me know if what they are saying is true?

What do you guys think?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    My thoughts exactly. No idea what is up with Mink but I can imagine he will turn it around. No major concern with him there.

Devin Bush?! That is now officially a concern. Keeps getting injuried and the more he does get injured, the more valuable time he loses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I do not recall seeing Devin Bush on the field at all yesterday. I am sure he was.....I just don't remember him doing anything.

Minkah....sigh. I love Minkah but what the hell is he doing?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah… Fitzpatrick has been making some mental mistakes and I’m sure he will rebound. Bush I’m not optimistic about right now lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah they have been somewhat a let down this season at least expectation wise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They are getting zero pressure on the QB the past two games with the entire pass rush hurt, makes everyone’s job harder when the opposing QB has all day to pick you apart. Bush is still probably not 100% but they need him on the field. Minkah is a proven commodity and will be fine.

They need to get healthy on defence, simple as that IMO

I don’t trust PFF’s grades as anything more than a useful baseline, they don’t know what players have been asked to do on a given play.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ILB's in general not doing much this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    As someone who loves his Steelers more than just about anything, I hate to say it, but I think we could change "Minkah and Bush" in the title to "O, D, and ST".

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Minkah caused the pass deflector yesterday that Edmunds caught.

Scobert and Bush have both not been the greatest and don't seem have gel. You wonder if Bush is 100% he probably isn't. but at least he's playing and he's better than anything else at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Mink has been making plays, he’s just not getting turn overs. The interception by Edmunds was because of Mink.

Bush isn’t 100% but he hasn’t been horrible. He’s just not playing like a top 10 pick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Bush was jumping gaps and getting buried in blocks while allowing Mixon to cut back and get positive yards he was also falling for motion every time.

Minkah is having to play in the box as run support and help back up Sutton and Pierre since they aren't quite up to snuff yet. That's a lot of field to cover just so Edmunds can play a majority of his snaps closer to the line.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I just can’t understand how our defense can become abysmal without watt, alua and highsmith(those 3 we had in Buffalo) but I’m guessing because our defense is built on the pass rush?

I think having tooey back will make up for Tyson

13. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed with that about Minkah. I am hard on him because I expect greatness but you are right- he is having to cover a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018

Cause what makes the defense so good is the Defense as a whole. Having multiple injuries to key players is a huge deal! everywhere suffers when that happens. Not only do you lose star players production but now other guys have to fill in for the new guys deficiencies. Team sport and when multiple players are hurt it affects the team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I understand… just crazy how it can go from top 5 to bottom 5 missing those players

16. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Minkah has been okay; more ups than downs and there have been some personnel changes around him that may take some time.

Bush? Eh, he wasn't doing that great before the knee and he's been bad after. I hope there's still time for healing and playing growth but I'm not convinced. Didn't love that pick and still waiting for something good there. The needs for 2022 are adding up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    TJ Watt is a game changer so when he alone is out it hurts. Add in Highsmith who seemed to be coming on in camp and Tuitt those are huge losses to both the pass rush and run D.

The D needs to get healthy but unfortunately by the time they do we might be 1-3 or 1-4.

The offense has almost no hope though so none of this really matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ben's fault. LoL.
    J/K
    It is very concerning.
    Also I Like TJ a lot. Like I said I own His Jersey, but I do have 2 say ....while we are losing....it grips My A$$ to see all that Cap money standing on the sideline eating sunflower seeds.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Every year since Shazier went down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It also hurts when you have that kind of talent missing and replace it with guys who made the team as ST and are not anywhere near starting caliber and that's the only plan they had.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    We knew depth at several positions was very weak going in. All these injuries have compounded that issue. However it still doesn’t fix what truly ails us and that is one of if not the worst offense in football. Jets and Jags might be lumped in there as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Guess that's why you should just worry about your off-season training and not who the Jaguars signed to be there 4th tight end.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

That had nothing to do with it. Coming off an ACL Injury does; possibly believing his own hype as well. So far, Devin Bush has been a disappointment and there is no way around that.... at all.

However, to state he has become one due to some tweet is quite unfair indeed. Now, if Bush Jr were not injured and had this been the case, I would agree. However, said case cannot be applied here.

For that matter, I was already on record in stating that it will take time for Devin Bush Jr to get back to 100%. He was looking that way in Week 1 but he had a groin injury; another different set of problems all together. In addition to his possible continued ACL recovery, a groin injury to boot is a double whammy.

For all any of us know, perhaps what we are seeing from Devin Bush Jr is him giving as much as he can given his health aliments. That said, no excuse whatsoever in terms of incorrectly misreading keys.... over and over it appears.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Bush is not worth what we gave up for him. I said that on here when he was drafted and people got butt sore , but it's true. 10 overall should be an instant impact star type of player. this dude doesn't really do anything that depth pieces can also do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Bush hasn't justified all the draft capital and 1st round pick. Not even close, he's been average at best.

Minkah isn't making splash plays like his first 2 years. But I was saying during the Raiders game how it's not always bad when you aren't hearing his name. Then he gave up that touchdown over the top a few minutes later. I noticed on that play pre-snap he was helping a corner on the right side of the field then he got beat over the top from the opposite side. I think he's just trying to do too much and focusing too much on covering/helping the less experienced players out. If we had experience at corner then he wouldn't have to focus on helping them out and just focus on making plays. He never had to do that with Steven Nelson. I'm not worried about Minkah.