1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Hilton

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by hmmmmm, Jan 23, 2022.

1. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Stopped the long run by foreman and intercepted a pass on the very next play. Thank god the Steelers ditched that guy. He also plays with a ton of heart. Nice evaluation of talent Tomlin. He signed for 4 years 24 million slightly more than Watt (the FB we don’t use). Don’t tell me we couldn’t find 6 million per year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I know people will say they had no cap room but they could have matched the Bengals offer of $6m a year relatively easily IMO, it would have been a much better investment than keeping Ebron or bringing Juju and / or Banner back

This guy has been a big loss on defence and should have been a priority re-signing

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    FDE627E0-4642-4ACA-A81B-B25D2E95C1DA.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    But Bud had an 18 yard sack. And Bell and AB played in the Super Bowl last year. And other players we lost to free agency over the years have done well (or not). Why do we ever let anyone leave???????????????????

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    because
    tomlin sucks
    Colbert is stupid
    Rooney is cheap

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I get you can’t keep everyone but their roster decisions outside of the draft last offseason were a disaster for the most part. Hilton was a solid player that I would have re-signed rather than some of the daft moves they made like signing Banner

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I still can't believe they let him go to the Bengals as a division rival and didn't offer him more to stay. He's been solid for them all season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Last years offseason and the season in general was a reset. Out from under an expensive QB contract and signed a bunch of guys to 1 year or short deals they could easily get out of if need be. And trialed some free agents along the way to find a player or two (Whiterspoon).

it was intentional. Ben’s swan song that could be used to reset the chairs on the boat deck for the next act. Now we’ll see what they do with the cap space and constructing a team to compete. I think it’s a 3 year process before we’re relevant again. AFC is loaded with good young QBs.

9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I honestly can't recall the circumstances but I'm not sure it was about the money, at least for Hilton, but more about PT and usage.

10. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Usually people claim it was Hilton or Sutton. However Sutton can supposedly play multiple positions. Therefore Hilton could have stayed in the slot and Sutton could have played somewhere else. I guess our DB room was too loaded with talent (that’s a joke).

• Like Like x 1
  11. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I'd like to see Edmunds as the nickel. $6M is a lot for a nickel corner. If Edmunds could be re-signed for 30% less and play near the los could be good. Have him cover TE in man or blitz occasionally.

Steelers defense used to be so creative with blitzes and coverages and now it is so vanilla.