1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan safety Dax Hill

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 6, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Guy's a baller. Been on my radar for awhile. Be happy as hell with this pick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He runs a 4.38 forty and has an incredible 43 inch vertical leap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Nfl, channel predicts the top 4 safeties will be drafted in first 64 picks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Hamilton will go in the first round, then there will be a run on the safeties in the second round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    The problem with guys like Hill, Brisker, Cine and Pitre are where the Steelers pick. They might be too early to take at #20 but they will all be gone by pick #52. The Steelers really need a safety so they might have to trade up in the 2nd to get one of these guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Haven't we had enough of Michigan players?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Well he could be from Maryland!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Who cares where he went. We shouldn't be cold on Jordan Davis because Jarvis Jones went to Georgia.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Woodley was a outstanding Michigan player....till He got paid, and got fat....but He still helped us get 2 two SBs.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Or....We could trade back, and pick up other picks...then use one 2 trade up in the second, or....no ....that's all I got. Never mind. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    There will still be some good ones available at #52 IMO, a player like Nick Cross.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Yes, Cross will probably be there at #52. Another possibility is the other Baylor safety, JT Woods. Woods is 6'2" and runs a blistering 4.36 forty. He ran a 10.6 100 meter in HS. He is a ball hawk with 5 interceptions last year.

• Like Like x 3
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there are quite a few good safeties in this draft class i'm talking all the way through too.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    FWIW, which is not much, every time I run a mock draft (and I have done a bunch), Kyle Hamilton is gone in the first five picks of the first round. I also would love to get edge rusher Kayvon Tippy-toe, but he goes right about when Hamilton does. The Steelers won’t even sniff either one, but Pitre is generally available at 20.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    too many of these guys are ranked as safety by many. that's pretty generic. we need a strong safety. not every safety in the draft can do that. some are free safeties. most could probably make the switch but at what level? because they played free safety in college and had good tape doesn't mean they can just switch and the play will remain the same.

another thing that seems to be in play here is where many of these guys are being ranked in the rounds. if y'all remember back we missed out on some safeties we coveted just by a pick or two and the following years we ended up with the likes of davis and edmunds trying to force the pick. sure seems like it's setting up again for this unless we move or stay patient for a good one later since it is so deep. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

First 64 picks?! Lowballing it a bit there in my opinion. I would be willing to wager first 58 picks.

Single High Safeties are needed in the NFL. Luckily for the league, plenty of them in this class. Oddly enough, the best one is best suited as a DPW (Defensive Personnel Weapon) as opposed to playing in the single high.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Heck.. Nick Cross could potentially be had in Round 3. That is the grade a lot of people are giving him; me personally an Early Day Three grade. The tools that Cross possesses are truly special. However, he is more limited at present due to his limited understanding of the finite concepts of playing the Single High.

Right now, I would peg him as more so a multi role Strong Safety who can cover in the slot. That said, I do believe his potential to grow into more is high. This all said, I would rather have the team sign a veteran SS before the draft as having Cross sit would greatly augment his understanding and thus, greatly increase his odds of becoming a rock solid player.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i think that is right where the steelers are sitting with killebrew and joseph. between these two and an addition like cross, it just could be enough to get through this season while he learns. 3220 plays for joseph, 634 plays for killebrew in the nfl on defense. it's not like they haven't played much. not sure if this is the best formula but it's one that could get them through until the rookie gets acclimated to the pro game. cross has some talent. cook seems to be a guy they have their eyes on too. his speed is my biggest concern. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Even though I don't agree. I have seen Cross predicted 2 be the 2nd Safety off the board by some.:shrug:

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    cross is quite talented. i think he goes higher then many think. if you watch him, he has the instincts to read things before they happen. quickly diagnoses plays and reacts to them. hill does this well too. hills coverage skills are quite good. both are pretty good around the LOS too. brisker is good around the LOS but isn't quite as good in coverage. not bad but not as good as some others. pitre has a nice all around game. cokk, who i think they like isn't that fast and his downfield coverage kind of scares me. he is instinctive though around the LOS. he can hit for sure. dax or cross are my two. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    :bungals:take Daxton Hill with pick #31

23. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I look forward to seeing him.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2