1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Memo to JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t know, was never a gamer.

Last console I played was Atarii.

2. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I get that but I’ll never believe there is a football player in the NFL that wouldn’t have lit up JuJu there, they live for that. I’m sure he enjoyed it more knowing it was JuJu.

1 big hit in 7 games of him doing that dance, I don’t think it’s as big a deal as it’s being made out to be, didn’t prevent them from going 11-0.

Now, having said that, I have to revise my statement a little because I was only seeing the the dance part but just saw the end of it where he spikes the ball on the logo. Ok, that comes across as disrespectful to me, don’t know if he has been doing that all along but the dance itself, looks completely harmless.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm not a Tomlin hater but I always said it's up to the Coach to control the players antics and Mr. Mike Tomlin let them run wild. I didn't see the AB we had do his bull**** after his TD for the Bucs.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What happened if you didn't have it then? Did you play like crap? To paraphrase Noll if I have to motivate you then I should cut you.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not yet. Give it time.

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Let me see if I have this correct the TEAM that you are a fan of, had a player who took a hard hit that caused him to lose the football it was recovered by the team your favorite TEAM was playing against and it resulted in points off the turnover which led to another loss by your favorite TEAM and you are happy that the player for your TEAM got hit hard because you personally think his pregame behavior is disrespectful and gives fuel to the team your favorite TEAM is playing for which you don't feel apologetic about your opinion because you are a fan of the TEAM not the player. Sounds messed up to me but be jelli if you want.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Vonn Bell was asked about Juju's Tiktok dance before the game, his response was:

“We just gotta go out there, between the lines, go out there and hit him and let him know where he stands.”

If you don't think Bell had that in mind when he blew up JuJu, you're fooling yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    DJ still has some growing to do, but the kid was on the field 3 hours before the game working on catching the ball. I love JuJu in what he can (and brought to the field and community), but even at 24, you are no longer the 'kid' on the team.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What was Chase's tweet about?! How was that Offensive?! No seriously, I do not understand.

10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Blast I can agree to that, but why give the opposition anything to get momentum. This is a division 'rival' (regardless of record), they had 2 wins , their franchise QB and future has a horrible injury, and really only have pride and hope of showcasing individual talent. The moment MT was aware of this crap (especially with past exploits by AB) he should have stopped it. It was about this time of year when those antics came to light last time, taking focus off what should have been a playoff run. I am not delusional to think this team was or is at the top, injuries aside this slide shows total lack of discipline, preparation, focus, and motivation...that starts at the top.

11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    History is written by the winners. Had the Bengals lost this game to the degree of which they lost the 1st meeting then this quote would be troublesome. However since they won and Bell got a good hit on Juju this is how its written, that he was extra motivated because Juju danced on his painted grass. Certain point of view.

12. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's possible to be happy about the hit without being happy he lost the ball. I of course want Juju out there playing and i don't want to see anyone get hurt, regardless of their team logo, but yes, I'm happy he got blown up. If he continues to do stupid tik tok **** on the field, especially when the team sucks, I hope he continues to get blown up. You want to dance and instigate the other team, then you need to earn it. That means playing well and winning games. There hasn't been much of that lately.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018

Let me get YOU straight....you think it's OK for a member of YOUR team to go out and act like an idiot before an important game, then get absolutely embarrassed by a 2-10-1 team playing their THIRD string QB? <------THAT sounds REALLY messed up to me but be jelli if you want.

15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The only thing offensive about it is that it looked past their opponent and assumed a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I had a long written out response but the day after losing one of my all time favorite Steelers and realizing he was only 12 years older than I am now, life is too short. The league is full of characters and sorry if that doesn't please everyone, build a bridge and get over it. Juju dancing or not didn't affect the game. If it did the Bengals should have been hiring guys to disrespect their grass in week 1.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And you are fooling yourself if you think Bell doesn’t do that even if JuJu hadn’t danced.

These guys are just flapping their gums because they won. Why are we only hearing about it since the Buffalo game when he has been doing it all season? Really slowed them down on their way to 11-0.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, Tomlin should put a stop to it, becoming a distraction and they have more important things to focus on.

19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We didn't hear about it because we were winning. Now that the team sucks, all the extra curricular stuff needs to stop. Sorry, if you want to dance at midfield, then earn it by winning.

Obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way since there was apparently some kind of incident in the locker room at halftime involving Juju and another player.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    7 other teams and not one popped off about it because they didn’t win? Not buying that, someone would have said what JuJu is doing is bush, regardless.

I think most players in the league know JuJu is a good kid and doesn’t mean any ill will by this. They understand building a brand, it’s a different world than the one you and I grew up in. Players are a much more tight knit community then years passed, exchanging jerseys and what not.

JuJu was making clutch plays and fighting for tough yards while doing the dance before anyone knew he was. There are much bigger reasons for him and the rest of the team not producing and it hinges on Ben and the sucky 5 yard pass game plan.

21. OmegaTiger

OmegaTiger Member

Dec 22, 2020

22. OmegaTiger

OmegaTiger Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Noll was a superior coach to many, he is in a league with a rear few, Shula, Landry Noll, Walsh, etc... these were the great coach's of another era. These coach's were well respected and weren't there to be your friend, they were there to "WIN". There was no Bull****, just play the game and leave it on the field till you prove you are the best... Mean Joe, Bradshaw, Franco they know what I'm talking about. Play the game... everything else is bull****....
    Celebrate after you win the Super Bowl...

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It wasn't history, it was a prophecy.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Vonn Bell made his statement before the game, not after the Bengals won.
    It has been an issue with Steelers fans and other teams all season, just not on this board apparently. Check Juju's tweet comments.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t live in a cave, there was nothing on the sports shows before Buffalo about this. I don’t care what fans say on twitter. Show me the teams that bitched about it prior to Buffalo.